What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I've only just arrived back home from Uni so had a few different parcels to open .

Really pleased I managed to get the Blu-ray of 'A Letter to Momo' from Cex for £5, I used to check online multiple times a day just for this.

This is the second 'A Tree of Palme' I've bought, the first was from Cex, but when it arrived it was in awful condition as it was an ex-library dvd, so the disc had silver permanent marker on it and there were stickers all over the actual paper side of the cover art. After returning it to Cex, I checked on eBay almost every day for a month or two and one finally popped up for like £3.50, and this time it's fine.

IMG_20170513_192231.jpg

Bought a few Vita games during the Amazon lightning deal for around £10-13 each. Also finally managed to win a decent priced Dragons Crown with artbook for £34 in eBay. And lastly just a small poster/flyer for the first Heavens Feel film, really loved the artwork, there is also another poster of Magus Bride underneath which is super pretty.
IMG_20170513_192023841.jpg

aS6Q9YAl.jpg

Probably have to wait another 3 years for the next volume.

First of the Animator Expo books for the shorts I enjoyed turned up today.

I do hope the future books are as good as this one, as it's pretty great. From the videotape design to the layout of film/archives/storyboards. Short interview section at the end isn't English friendly, but I can't really fault it for that.

hZ3sTsB.jpg

Cassette Girl and the Dragon Dentist were the real standouts for me too. I adore the overscan issue at the bottom of the frame that presents itself when it turns into 4:3, it's just too perfect.

There's enough concept in the book for at least another short.

I adore the overscan issue at the bottom of the frame that presents itself when it turns into 4:3, it's just too perfect.
Oh god, yeah. They just absolutely nailed the quirks of VHS as a format.

How do you think they did it? I'm almost tempted to ponder whether they actually dubbed the video file to a real VHS cassette and turned the analogue signal output from that back into digital. As @NoSurprises says, it's just too perfect! :D

Back