What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Received my copy of Code Geass from the Amazon Sale

I also unfortunately have a first print version. I've tweeted FUNi and they won't ship replacement discs outside of US & Canada. I'm asking if they will ship them to a forwarding service. Waiting on that reply.

RSzWxTu.jpg
Is it possible for you to return it to Amazon? Saying that, there'd be no guarantee of getting a corrected version anyway.

Well, I contacted Amazon because...well look at this BS....

5g3cZuNl.jpg

And they asked me to send it back to receive a replacement, which I was willing to do, however they then said that the item is not in stock and would take some time and I may only get a refund, I said I'd just leave it and keep the damaged item, so she refunded me and told me to just keep it :S I'm not sure if I'm okay with the result or not tbh. I mean I could probably get away with gluing this back down so it's not so awful, but still....

wow that is some damage

Edit -

Decided to contact amazon to see if they could source replacement discs for Code Geass. Ended up with a refund and told to keep the item.

Last edited:
It was in the paper the other day that US Amazon (and now UK Amazon) are likely to refund you and let you keep the item if it's not high value. It seems to be an unwritten policy.

Considering how cheap Code Geass was in the glitch I'm not surprised that they've refunded you and said to keep it.

C_9t_HWVwAAHBq7.jpg

Operation PS3 haul continues with the 49th PlayStation 3 title. Thanks to Emo185's eBay sales I was lucky enough to grab Shin Koihime Musou: Otome Taisen Sangokushi Engi for the PS3 collection. This is a fighting game spin-off to the Koihime Musou eroge visual novel series. I've been after this game for a fair while and I even had the opportunity to grab it at my local games store but it got sold before I had the chance (same went for Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting, but the Japanese version of Puyo Puyo Tetris is there at least).

Grav's incoming titles:
  • Black Butler: Season 1 - Thank Rightstuf for getting more stock (because Amazon lost the parcel and received the parcel and decided to refund me rather than reship it)
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion: Seasons 1 & 2 - Mine got shipped later than others
  • Kizumonogatari: Parts 1 & 2 - Should arrive next week
  • Macross 30 - Honestly at any moment now.
  • Persona 3 the Movie 3 - Persona bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down.
  • Tokyo Marble Chocolate - Made use of the Early Bird deal

wow that is some damage

Edit -

Decided to contact amazon to see if they could source replacement discs for Code Geass. Ended up with a refund and told to keep the item.

I just contacted customer services to ask if I could source a copy with the replacement discs. They originally wanted a return but after explaining the costs of postage, they have agreed to ship a corrected version and have let me keep this copy :)

I just contacted customer services to ask if I could source a copy with the replacement discs. They originally wanted a return but after explaining the costs of postage, they have agreed to ship a corrected version and have let me keep this copy :)

They told me they would supply a prepaid return postage thing, and then they would send me a new one on receipt of my current copy. I told them I really didn't want to wait 1-2 weeks for them to receive my copy then another 1-2 weeks to get the new one. So they just refunded me.

I think it's safe to say you got the best result out of us lol thing is if I had paid full price I'd be happy enough with a refund and keeping the damaged item, but when it's only like £27 I'm kinda thinking I would have preferred a replacement (which she said she couldn't guarantee as they had none in stock >_>). Oh well, what's done is done.

They told me they would supply a prepaid return postage thing, and then they would send me a new one on receipt of my current copy. I told them I really didn't want to wait 1-2 weeks for them to receive my copy then another 1-2 weeks to get the new one. So they just refunded me.

I explained that I couldn't do an economy return given that it would be shipped internationally and I would need it to be tracked (and that the cost would be $50-80). They agreed pre-paid customs and tracked delivery, but we will have to see.

Looks like the replacement order is in my account and is being processed (fingers crossed the corrected version is sent).

Just contacted customer services to ask if they could source corrected discs - they wanted me to return the current item and send out a replacement. I asked if she could guarantee corrected stock, and she said that wouldn't be possible. I explained I'd rather just keep the copy I have than deal with the hassle of shipping it back to the US and then waiting weeks to potentially be in the same position again. She then said they would still send out the replacement but I don't need to return the one I have.

I can't help but feel cheated here :p They told me to send it back but couldn't even guarantee I'd get a replacement and may get a refund instead, would it be too cheeky to contact them again? lol pretty salty, but at the same time have no right to be.....

Although after a bit of glue it doesn't look too bad...

Wd1pH0Ql.jpg

Still not great though.

I do wonder if perhaps I should've tried asking them to just send me a standard season 2 to steal the discs from. It would've cost them less and would definitely fix the issue.

They have no way of knowing what discs are in the CE without opening them. So I imagine that any CE replacement has a high chance of being old stock.

I do wonder if perhaps I should've tried asking them to just send me a standard season 2 to steal the discs from. It would've cost them less and would definitely fix the issue.
Wait, does that mean that all standards of season 2 have the fixed discs? If so I may just grab one of them, seeing as I've been refunded and all.

Huh, how strange. Might just do that then as I can live with the damaged box at this point, doesn't look too bad after gluing it.

The cheapest I can find R2 for is £39.15 from wowhd. I might wait and see if R2 gets a bit cheaper. Tad annoying this issue affects the English dub, which is the only way I watch Code Geass

Received my mystery Code Geass CD from Musicmagpie today.

It was the Code Geass Sound Episode 1 (which apparently had an English dub release). For £1.66 I'm pretty happy with it

RciVrIH.jpg

Back