What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Three things so far this week. Yesterday i received Wake Up, Girls! The Movie through ImportCDs as it was the cheapest there.

And after the post Mangaranga made about Tiger & Bunny, i also decide to get that edition. Saw two episodes of this show some time ago, and really liked it so i needed to get the best release out there, and for T&B it's very easy as Kazé release is as with many other titles from them, poor PQ wise. And there are problems with the Viz release too, regarding brightness.

Also got the Studio Ghibli Songs New Edition.

Hope to get my Anime Ltd. Escaflowne box later this week.

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

Got these over the last few days

Some anime (all AL releases)
Jz3Wl4f.jpg

bnWobj2.jpg

Some figures: Tales of Xillia 2 Julius Will Kresnik (Alter) & Tiger & Bunny: Barnaby Brooks Jr (palmate exclusive)
DycVHGf.jpg

w3LV6RU.jpg

and finally some manga/novels
bY2mxSX.jpg

So happy that I didn't cancel this in the end. It's absolutely stunning.

Cw_NwL7W8AABl3d.jpg

Cw_OcFmXcAAbvLh.jpg

The volumes are quite a snug fit, with absolutely no room for a potential movie release.
Cw_OcFlW8AA0txN.jpg

No, those aren't booklets...they're all art cards!
Cw_OcFsWEAA3ytf.jpg

That's just from Part 1! The art from Part 1 is the key art from volumes 2-7, as well as key art from the first ED (pictured). Volume 2's are volumes 8-13, as well as another piece of key art.

Now, how does the Gate close? Magnets of course! (Also, are those meant to be secret compartments? Because I may use them as such):
Cw_PGF4XUAAHfYI.jpg

The artbook is massive and is incredible. Anime Limited also clearly care, as they have this little note at the beginning:
Cw_O4shWEAA3hAK.jpg

(Although I watched the series back on Rapture TV and own all the DVDs, so it's a non-issue for me personally).

Great pictures Joshawott, can't wait to receive mine, if it wasn't for the fact that today is a holiday (Armistice Day) i would have received it today, but my package is still in Holland somewhere since yesterday evening. Probably will not move tomorrow either, so the earliest i can get it will be Tuesday as Monday i'm in Germany for business ... yes i do have to work to afford all these nice releases :)

30830668831_35b81f354d_b.jpg

I was chatting in the Discord the other day about how I haven't played many JRPGs, something I'd like to remedy. The Tales Of games have always been something that I've heard good things about, so I decided to pick one up, seeing as it was quite cheap. No idea if this is a good one to start with, but it was the only one they had! As far as I can tell, each of these games stands alone, so long as it doesn't have a number after it, so I think I should be alright.

I was chatting in the Discord the other day about how I haven't played many JRPGs, something I'd like to remedy. The Tales Of games have always been something that I've heard good things about, so I decided to pick one up, seeing as it was quite cheap. No idea if this is a good one to start with, but it was the only one they had! As far as I can tell, each of these games stands alone, so long as it doesn't have a number after it, so I think I should be alright.
Graces is pretty alright, it's not the best of the tales franchise, though neither is it the worst.

You're right that they mostly stand alone, I've found the tales series to be kinda pulpy, in that if you've played one, you probably know what to expect (I almost feel like they just change the name for what magic is and who the main cast are sometimes...). But if this is your first one, know that if you enjoy it, you'll probably like the rest of the series too.

Couple of tips if it is your first one; don't be afraid to knock it down to easy for some of the bosses/sub bosses, tales difficulty spikes pretty hard at those points if you've not put in a godly amount of grinding. And watch all the skits...

Edit: Pascal needs her own spinoff.

Graces is pretty alright, it's not the best of the tales franchise, though neither is it the worst.

You're right that they mostly stand alone, I've found the tales series to be kinda pulpy, in that if you've played one, you probably know what to expect (I almost feel like they just change the name for what magic is and who the main cast are sometimes...). But if this is your first one, know that if you enjoy it, you'll probably like the rest of the series too.

Couple of tips if it is your first one; don't be afraid to knock it down to easy for some of the bosses/sub bosses, tales difficulty spikes pretty hard at those points if you've not put in a godly amount of grinding. And watch all the skits...

Edit: Pascal needs her own spinoff.

Tips duly noted!

Well observed! The Premium OVA collection is indeed the only thing I have missing.

It's a shame it was never included in either Funi's or AL's UEs.

EDIT: This was bugging me. Spotted a used copy on Amazon UK for £5.99 and shipping. Bought it for completions sake. I'll update this picture once it arrives :p

Last edited:
Not seen any Chobits love yet, maybe I got it earl
Still not a massive fan of the cover but I don't think it's too terrible, just looks like a throwback to the early 2000s (guess that's what Chobits is though.)

iW2LIBE.jpg

Alt Cover:
E6tZuQI.jpg

Discs:
U0gJM2n.jpg

Back