What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Not seen any Chobits love yet, maybe I got it earl
Still not a massive fan of the cover but I don't think it's too terrible, just looks like a throwback to the early 2000s (guess that's what Chobits is though.)

iW2LIBE.jpg

Alt Cover:
E6tZuQI.jpg

Discs:
U0gJM2n.jpg
After spending £400 on anime blurays the last two weeks, I'm trying to be good and put off buying Chobits. But I'm so tempted.

Glad they kept it to a standard size case - and three discs. Eventually I'm looking to trade-in all my MVM DVDs box sets for their BR upgrades where possible - so it'll save on serious shelf space in the long run (and mean less disc swapping while watching too)

So while Your Lie in April got delayed I picked up the Psycho Pass Movie at HMV (£14.99 thanks to the PureHMV £5 discount woot).

CxOUyErWQAAnBAA.jpg

More photos via my blog. (Imgur broke on me for the moment, so the link for that will be later).

It kind of sucks that you need to reach a certain amount though - it's not like a Nectar or Boots card when you can just use any amount at any time.

For example - I just checked and I have like 26,000 points - so unless I spend more to reach 30,000 - I'm kinda stuck.

Some questionable decisions were made ... RIP wallet.

SJZ8FBo.jpg

f6rXYij.jpg

So let's explain this madness. Firstly and most importantly I love this series. So once it was confirmed Funimation were going to include both dubs on their set I was going to go for their release as I love the Japanese BD Box design and Funimation had pretty much replicated it. I had a pre order for the Anime Limited release from right when it was put up on Amazon but I decided not to cancel it to keep my options open.

This was a good idea as it became apparent the Funimation release had sold out before it had even met it's street date. My order on UP1 for the Funimation set was cancelled and I was bummed but thankfully the Anime Limited set was still coming. I wouldn't get the Japanese BD Box but I'd still get something amazing.

Well it came to my attention about a week later that Amazon US had some copies of the Funimation Escaflowne set back up for pre order. So I decided to give it ago and if it didn't hold up then oh well. But surprisingly it did and I was all set to probably cancel my Anime Limited order, but then I saw the set in the flesh from the MCM photo hauls and then the official unboxing too. I was blown away by what the Anime Limited set looked like. So I sold some stuff and well now ridiculously to alot of you I'm sure I have both sets lol. I like them both, the Funimation set is really classy and compact, the AL set is huge and beautiful and unlike the Funimation version certainly provides value for money. So yeah while I didn't fully intend for this I'm pretty happy I was able to get both of these amazing releases for this show.

My Escaflowne release has also arrived from Anime Ltd. Must say the packaging could have been done better, just some paper on top in the box, so the sides were unprotected, and although the box was ripped on one side, the box set is luckily in excellent condition.

And this afternoon i'm gone pickup another package, box for that weighs 8 kg. ... pictures about the content of that box tomorrow.

1k0.jpg

I think that owning several different Collector's Editions (or similar) of a show is fair enough really, they do have a "merchandise" aspect after all.

Owning several copies of a basic release might be a bit odd. Not that I have three copies of Hidamari Sketch, or anything.

Bought Fujiko Mine from CeX, had the release before but I decided to give it the chop in favour of getting some funds in and since then I've come to regret that descion, as it's actually quite a decent show! (also features probably one of my Top 20 favourite Anime OP!)

Whenever somebody brings up or mentions Fujiko Mine within my circle, a palpable sense of distaste and anger is felt. I've never seen it myself, but I'll never ask those people again if I should after what happened last time *shudders*

I have to admit I didn't overly enjoy Fujiko Mine - I can see why people like it, but I watched it straight after the in my eyes far superior recent Lupin (the Italian one) and the tone change came as a weird shock - going from the old-school comedy feel to Fujiko Mine which is far darker and sleazier.

Your lie in April part 1 arrived today so only really a day delay which is good for a £5 voucher
just need my FMA set to arrive now so hopefully sometime today
the bluray tray/sleeve is in the case quite tight took some getting out while trying not to damage it at all
IMG_20161116_104151.jpg
IMG_20161116_105129.jpg

22844477648_cd1114f192_b.jpg

Is it just me or does the artwork for the YLiA artbox seem low resolution? It seems just really soft and kind of blurry. It's also extremely hard to get the digipak out. I can manage to wedge my thumb in to pull it out, but I'm kind of scared I'm going to damage it.

Last edited:
My FMA just arrived from Anime Limited.
So they are all out for delivery it seems.

My god that box is heavier than I thought it would be!

Sorry, I accidentally posted in the wrong thread, meant for the AL one.

Last edited:
Your Lie In April CE. I can't get the digipack out of it's sleeve, it's jammed so tight that it won't shake loose, and the chipboard(?) isn't flexible enough to get my fingers in and grip the digipack to pull it out. It kind of defeats the point of buying BDs if I can't get at the discs :(.
WP_20161116_11_10_10_Pro.jpg

My Gate arrived today, just a picture of the Gate itself, as there are already so much pics around for this set and a great unboxing video on Anime Ltd. site. But i wanted to take some pics to compare the FUNimation and Anime Ltd. art books.
Would have gotten FMA on Monday but was in Germany for business and was only able to pick it up yesterday evening from a DPD depot. Need to take a rather decent walk back to my car and man the box this comes in is heavy, so that was some nice fitness for my arms :)

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

Also received Miss Hokusai, but need to check how to get the wooden box out of the slipcover. That slipcover seems to be glued on to it on the back. It's a movie i had being looking forward to, and will pop it in the Blu-ray player this evening.

1k0.jpg

And finally also seven titles from MVM 50% discount sale held last week.

1k0.jpg

1k0.jpg

I also got my Your Lie In April set through today. I think the set is really nice but also the resolution of the artbox image seems quite low and the Digipack is very tightly packed into the chipboard case, it takes some serious shaking to get it loose each time.

Back