What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Received this today. Actually Aria is a show which is very dear to me, and getting a complete set of the US release in their nice art boxes was a goal i set for myself after watching the show for the first time two years ago.

The problem was that after watching Aria, the season 1 box set was already OOP and only sold at very high second-hand prices of $300 and more, gotta love them scalper practices ;)

So last week i saw this set for a bit less than $100 on Amazon marketplace and fulfilled by Amazon and immediately jumped at it. Also arrived very quick as i chose Expedited shipping to avoid additional administration costs from the Belgian customs service.

Set is still in great condition and has no visual problems, so to conclude my week started off in a splendid way :)

1k0.jpg

So last week i saw this set for a bit less than $100 on Amazon marketplace and fulfilled by Amazon and immediately jumped at it. Also arrived very quick as i chose Expedited shipping to avoid additional administration costs from the Belgian customs service.

Set is still in great condition and has no visual problems, so to conclude my week started off in a splendid way :)
Congrats on the set! I love it when stuff like this happens, it's always a bit of a lottery, but when it turns up in decent condition it's a pretty good feeling.

(Maybe I'm just a materialist though!)

I was REALLY lucky a few months ago and managed to get my Aria season 1 boxset for less than £15, and in fantastic condition. Probably the luckiest eBay find I've ever had.

Thanks NoSurprises, actually it's a very good feeling now that i finally have my Aria set complete.

@Joe, darn that is very cheap, you're lucky i didn't spot that back then :D

Last edited:
Cheers for the pic Lemon, kinda annoying how all the spine text is the wrong way round like Magi but since I only like Movie 1 & 4 I should be able to deal with it just for the one. Shame Viz haven't released Movies 1 & 2 otherwise I'd just get their release of 1.

While I preordered the Tokyo Mirage Sessions special edition set ages ago, I wasn't able to have it sent to my home due to being in the UK when it was released. Thankfully my older sister let me ship it to her home, but as she lives far away in another province (and doesn't visit that frequently) I was only able to get it off her today. Gotta say tho, it was well worth the wait. ^_^

IMG_1407.JPG
IMG_1398.JPG

As a bonus, my sister also surprised me with this photograph (which I was really excited and grateful for because I love Digimon). Apparently the first part of Digimon Adventure tri. played at the theater she works at. I had no idea that it was even playing in Canadian theatres!

IMG_1396.JPG

(Rather amused that it's signed "U.S. Digi Destined" and has Canadian flags on it. But hey. Can't complain. XD)

Was passing HMV on my way home from work again and because I have little self control I popped in again and ended up grabbing these. Not only is this 2 Ghibli movies I've never owned, it's 2 I've never seen so looking forward to watching them, especially as I've heard nothing but good things about both (although reading the back of Only Yesterdays box has me concerned it's gonna hit a bit close to home for me lol).
0AyBcLgl.jpg

I also picked up the new Destiny expansion on the PS4, probably regret it soon enough.

Random Story:
So yesterday I discovered that apparently UPS turned up but didn't respond to neither myself or the receptionist at my block. So realising there's a limited amount of times they can only turn up, I had to make sure I was there for the parcel today. And because UPS doesn't give you a time frame, I took the dedication to stay outside of my accommodation for 3 hours and 45 minutes straight without any drink/food whatsoever (10am to 1:45pm), just standing there waiting for the van. It didn't turn up so I gave up and told the receptionist that I may or may not expect it today despite the status still being noted as 'Out for Delivery'. After about half an hour of staying at my flat I got a phone call from my receptionist that my parcel finally turned up, and since I had to pay customs the charge was £29.52. I didn't care about the fee I just wanted my frickin package. If you follow me on Twitter I reacted quite a fair bit.

So here it is from Amazon Canada, two Funimation limited edition sets; Danganronpa the Animation and High School DxD BorN [$52.99 CDN & $67.99 CDN respectively].

aSKS6F0l.jpg

Danganronpa the Animation is region locked to A|1 and has locked subtitles for Blu-ray.
More photos of the set on my blog and via Imgur.

KFHLFn7l.jpg

lRhrudOl.jpg

uMUTy04l.jpg

YfagWoil.jpg

High School DxD BorN is region free to A|B|1|2|4 and has locked subtitles for Blu-ray.
More photos of the set on my blog and via Imgur.

EGseILLl.jpg

nPM8E8vl.jpg

SG62mcnl.jpg

C6nflvMl.jpg

As a bonus, my sister also surprised me with this photograph (which I was really excited and grateful for because I love Digimon). Apparently the first part of Digimon Adventure tri. played at the theater she works at. I had no idea that it was even playing in Canadian theatres!
I have been informed that attendees of the premières in the United States, or at least those in California, also received collectable posters with maple leaf flags.

So how much less or more (hopefully less) did it cost to import those from Amazon.CA in comparison to UP1 for example?
Napkin maths here, but looks like it worked out at £100 with the customs charge included.

UP1 has the same 2 for a combined price of £110 (not including postage).

So much cheaper if you manage to dodge customs, and still a bit cheaper if you don't.

Was passing HMV on my way home from work again and because I have little self control I popped in again and ended up grabbing these. Not only is this 2 Ghibli movies I've never owned, it's 2 I've never seen so looking forward to watching them, especially as I've heard nothing but good things about both (although reading the back of Only Yesterdays box has me concerned it's gonna hit a bit close to home for me lol).
Two incredible films, enjoy.

So how much less or more (hopefully less) did it cost to import those from Amazon.CA in comparison to UP1 for example?

Before the recent Brexit spike, the sets with the shipping cost me about £84.64. Then combined with the customs charge from UPS (£29.52), that's about £114.16 - baring in mind that UPS probably took into factor the spike and increased the charge a fair bit.

It was still a little bit cheaper than using Amazon US ($153.35 = £118-120). And United Publications US would be around the same price as Amazon US.

Amazon CA packaging wise, my sets came in a cardboard box like the UK versions would. No damage was placed on Danganronpa and a very very minor mark on one of the corners for High School DxD BorN.

I have been informed that attendees of the premières in the United States, or at least those in California, also received collectable posters with maple leaf flags.

That is both brilliant and facepalm-worthy. Makes me curious if it was simply a big mix up or if someone actually thought the Canadian flag belonged to the US... XD

Last edited:
Well you lucky ... :)

Still waiting for UP1USA to send a shipment mail for my Haruhi set, seeing others on here and elsewhere posting pics of their set isn't good for my health :D Oh well guess i'll have to be patient, and besides still a lot to watch before i re-visit Haruhi.

And seeing Aria pics of boxes, figures, ... is always a good thing.

Back