What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I've joined the Haruhi CE and DxD club :p

Wi4pLShh.jpg

Also this now completes my unlikeliest of complete collections, one of the few ecchi shows I will confess to be a fan of.

ntbaMrfh.jpg

Also received these today too. So happy to finally own the Appleseed Movies on Blu. Now the collection feels truly complete.

A2T8lvfh.jpg

@Stiivun Highly approve of the Lupin pickups, I'm currently just one title behind right now.

Seeing all these Haruhi pictures is making me wish I just bought it in the end >_> I only really like the first series and the movie which isn't included so seems pretty steep (I guess I haven't seen Yuki-chan, not heard great things about it though).....maybe just have to bite the bullet anyway.

So, @Stiivun posting pics of Genshiken a few pages back reminded me that that's a show I've been wanting to watch for quite a while. So I take a quick gander at eBay and, low and behold, someone selling the first season in a nice artbox. Managed to snag it for a decent price. Turned up today, and while the individual DVDs inside show some minor signs of wear and usage, the artbox is pristine.

wIICD86.jpg

qM59sYE.jpg

Will have to try and get ahold of the second season artbox to match now. :D

Genshiken is a wonderful series. Worth noting that the OVA which connects the first two seasons can be got with the Kujibiki Unbalance spin off series. (Also by a complete collection but since you want the artboxes...).

Nice haul Joe, that premium edition of Season 1 looks glorious. Got my sets from someone who sold both seasons, unfortunately not the premium edition for Season 1, but got them for a low price so can't complain.

I had no idea so much Lupin existed.

Oh yes there is. But some older releases like The Pursuit of Harimao's Treasure or Island of Assassins from FUNimation go for high prices on Amazon marketplace, currently $90+

Haven't checked eBay yet for these releases.

Thanks to our friends at HMV, the supposedly delayed Assassination Classroom Season 1, Part 2 arrived earlier today. Unfortunately, it seems far too tight a squeeze to put the artcards in, so now I have no way of keeping them safe. Any ideas?

CtHF9inWYAAZAY6.jpg

CtHF_HuWcAAb6xW.jpg

CtHGzGZWIAAibhZ.jpg

I was wondering if there was a better solution I wasn't aware of.
I just have a bit of a box of art carts/inserts that come with various stuff I've bought, saves them all falling out when trying to get hold of a disc. Becomes a bit of a pain if you want to find some specific cards though.

Also Kiki's delivery service was... delivered today. I really liked this shot.

f18LTPC.jpg

But some older releases like The Pursuit of Harimao's Treasure or Island of Assassins from FUNimation go for high prices on Amazon marketplace, currently $90+

Haven't checked eBay yet for these releases.
Island of Assassins is a great film, but don't buy Funimation's DVD. Not only does it look awful, but Discotek have the license now and will be releasing it on Blu-ray... at some point.

French version of Rage of Bahamut. This is one of my favourite shows of the last few years but I was disappointed at Funi's 300 page "art book" that's actually an animation flip-book consisting solely of black and white line art, not to mention my box arriving with a couple of massive dents courtesy of Music Magpie. This version includes an art book, soundtrack (albeit heavily cut down)CD , art cards, and a booklet. No English dub or subtitles though.

CIMG9700.jpg

CIMG9701.jpg

I always take all art cards out when I get a release - same with random extras like the playing cards that came with Seraph of the End. Mainly just because I find they either slip out of the case, get damaged when taking the discs in and out, or get wedged in because there isn't much space. I have a slot in my shelves where I keep all the art cards together from various releases.

Today I received a bill from UPS for £42.71 (which is wrong amount)

Yeah, see that UP1USA now seems to be using UPS. Missed a package today even though i changed the delivery address yesterday to my work address after finding out my Haruhi from UP1USA was shipped with UPS. So that was before the package was even on the truck this morning for delivery. In the email from UPS the changed address is shown, but not on the tracking page.

UPS is totally and utterly crap.

So by judging your payment slip, it seems you have been charged customs duties for your package ?

Yeah, which I don't REALLY mind it's just the standard shipping method the company uses reships the item once it reaches the UK so I dodge VAT fees and it obviously costs them less to ship it via the standard method rather than with UPS.

Did get the order next day from the US though.

Rubbing my eyes again, Monday blues. Misread your post as i mistakenly thought your package was also from UP1USA. Either way that doesn't change the fact that customer friendliness is not something which appears in the UPS dictionary :(

Back