What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Have the Premium Edition for the second season from NIS America and still on the hunt for the Premium Edition of the first season but that one almost never pops up on eBay for instance and if it does ... for scalper prices.

It seems we are in completion for the season 1 premium edition ;) the most recent one I found was for around £200, I'm not that desperate for it... yet.

lnhY5Rs.jpg

Bought from eBay. Has a few blemishes/scratches, but I'm happy for the price I paid for it.

This anime was the 2nd purchase which I have regretted. (First being Michiko to Hatchin). I've got this same release and I only watched it one time and really disliked the main heroine and the story did not really get to me either...and lets not even mention the last movie, what a waste of disc space. Wanting to sell it for months now, but I always hesitate because I know I would not get a good price for it.

But to get back to the topic, here are a few items I've got on Friday from Amazon Canada: 20160911_223409.jpg

Region coding for both:
20160911_223425.jpg

This anime was the 2nd purchase which I have regretted. (First being Michiko to Hatchin). I've got this same release and I only watched it one time and really disliked the main heroine and the story did not really get to me either...and lets not even mention the last movie, what a waste of disc space. Wanting to sell it for months now, but I always hesitate because I know I would not get a good price for it.

But to get back to the topic, here are a few items I've got on Friday from Amazon Canada: View attachment 62

Region coding for both:
View attachment 63
Those are two utterly fantastic shows you regret buying tbh lol each to their own and all that.

Shame to see Bleach is locked to A but I'll probably still have to upgrade my DVDs, although I'd be curious to know how the image quality of that Bleach BD compares to the DVDs as the two screenshots I've seen I actually thought it looked a bit weird..... Guess I should make up my mind if I want to get the slipcover, that's if it's not already gone.

Same, I'm very curious as to what the image quality of the Bleach BRs is like - as I remember the old DVD quality early eps looking very blurry/ropey indeed, so I'd be interested how much the Blu-Rays clean them up.

Same, I'm very curious as to what the image quality of the Bleach BRs is like - as I remember the old DVD quality early eps looking very blurry/ropey indeed, so I'd be interested how much the Blu-Rays clean them up.
Well if it helps I just found these 21 screenshot comparisons... I'm still pretty torn tbh as while the lines are cleaner, the BD still looks like ass with added banding and other issues and I honestly think that the DVD looks better in some screenshots while the BD looks better in others (granted, I think the BD looks better in more screenshots than the DVD does). While remembering the DVD didn't look too good, I also don't remember it looking that bad either, it's funny how time can make you forget stuff like that.

To help a little bit I have made a comparison myself. I used an earlier US DVD and the US BD.
I did not make screenshots on PC, instead I have made photos of the TV screen itself to see how they actually look like while watching.

The comparison: Bleach TV : Screenshot Comparison (the pictures have large resolution so don't forget to zoom out/in in your browser)

In my opinion the BD release compared to the DVD release:
- has sharper picture on the TV
- has better saturated colors
- the video stream has noticeably less noise

Both have 4:3 ratio.

If you want a release which has sharper picture, better colors and much less noise than the DVD release, then I think the BD release definitely worth the purchase.
After seeing the difference between the DVD and BD in real time, I would choose the BD release without any doubt over the DVD release.

Last edited:
Yeah it does look a lot cleaner, tbh I didn't really expect much from the early seasons anyway so I'll probably upgrade the DVDs I have, or at least the first 3 seasons as they're the only ones I'm likely to watch again and the nicer subtitles would be nice. Thanks for the pictures.

Last edited:
Went to town and picked up Nitro+ Blasterz for £9.99 from GAME. I figured it was a good price point so I went for it. It also comes with 5 art cards.

CsKsmpzWYAAoJae.jpg

CsKwjbxXgAAcE8_.jpg

In addition I also went to HMV and acquired 5 films for £30 plus another film for £4.99. I was going to pick some films up yesterday but the store closed and we ran out of time.

CsKsxG8WYAARTPJ.jpg

The films are:
  • Blade Runner: The Final Cut
  • Ex Machina [£4.99 deal]
  • The Interview
  • Nightcrawler
  • Prisoners
  • Sicario

Weren't they supposed to fix those discs? I don't see a ponytail.
Anyway, that's... odd to say to the least. Was this one of the orders you cancelled on UP1 or something like that?

To my surprise I got the Sound Euphonium Replacement discs... I never bought the set due to low funds
If you're complaining then I'll happily take it off your hands... I'm legitimately interested to see/hear what PonyCanyon's Euph disc is like quality wise.

More pictures of outdated media for those into that sort of thing...
Dayum. I've never seen that art before but it looks bloody amazing.

from amiami Ten Count Vol.5 Special Package Edition w/Riku Kurose x Tadaomi Shirotani Niitengo Figure Set and Ten Count Color Colle Riku Kurose x Tadaomi Shirotani Set & Mini Illustration book
0nbwJgJh.jpg

i can't read Japanese but i wanted the cute goodies.

from bookdepository
blT0ll5h.jpg

Back