What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

3 more frames arrived today, so I can now configure them for next level 3x3s... (Or not as I don't actually have enough laser discs).

Apologies for the lighting, they're a little reflective.

p8roLJl.jpg

I'm getting into collecting Laserdiscs but for actual watching. The artwork is nice and this certainly looks cool but it pains me alittle to see them on the wall rather than being viewed lol

Last edited:
I love it, I have so many laserdiscs myself and want to do something similar but I don't have the space to do so at the moment. LaserDiscs are truly a miracle, a product that only the bubble economy could have birthed. Huge, beautiful gatefold packaging with uninterrupted artwork free of formalities, just a beautiful canvas.

I'm getting into collecting Laserdiscs but for actual watching. The artwork is nice and this certainly looks cool but it pains me alittle to see them on the wall rather than being viewing lol
I did toy with the idea of getting a player for fun, but finding a working one and the maintenance issues have kinda put me off so far.

Plus most, if not all of these exist on a superior format anyway.

*Edit: Forgot to mention, these are also fancy frames that open from the front, so it's absurdly easy to take stuff out to watch/use as a frisbee.

Huge, beautiful gatefold packaging with uninterrupted artwork free of formalities, just a beautiful canvas.

I totally agree! Taking full advantage here.

Last edited:
Good gracious! Have you taken out an insurance quote on those? You could probably exchange them for a house.
LDs are actually pretty cheap since they're a dead format. I think most of those were between £5-15 from eBay (excluding shipping/customs (though a couple were free shipping)), even then I find I get stung far less by customs with packages from Japan than I do the USA for some reason. The folks on eBay tend to be willing to accept far below the asking price for "Best Offer" auctions too.

Most I've paid thus far was for the Perfect Blue collectors box, which was around £70 shipped.

Last edited:
Yeah LD's aren't that expensive unless your after a rare one like the Namu Amida Butsu wa Ai no Uta LaserDisc or the Daicon LaserDisc. The most expensive part is the shipping. The best thing about the EoE set is the storyboards. Some pics I took of everything it comes with here: - Album on Imgur

How much did you pay for EoE? It's a magnificent set, if only for display purposes, but I've never seen it cheap enough to justify the purchase.
It did take me a couple of months of eBay scouring to get hold of it, as it's normally sold as part of the super heavy/expensive collectors set that it was originally part of. But this one was listed individually.

I believe I ended up buying it from this seller for the best part of £10, I'm not sure if it's because it was mislisted, or if no one was searching for it at the time.

As a personal note, I do much prefer the episode 25 cover, but the EoE cover is a little more recognisable.

Last edited:
It did take me a couple of months of eBay scouring to get hold of it, as it's normally sold as part of the super heavy/expensive collectors set that it was originally part of. But this one was listed individually.

I believe I ended up buying it from this seller for the best part of £10, I'm not sure if it's because it was mislisted, or if no one was searching for it at the time.

As a personal note, I do much prefer the episode 25 cover, but the EoE cover is a little more recognisable.

Ah. The collector's set is what I want. It's amazing.

Two items to show off today.

From last Friday I received my eBay copy of Rock Band 3 for the PlayStation 3. This is to export all 83 songs for Rock Band 4. To my surprise the used copy is actually in pretty good condition which I don't see that much often (usually there's dents or wear).

i94tCxFh.jpg

And today I received my Music Magpie package from when I used the 20% discount code. It dispatched on Wednesday and finally arrived today; the Terror in Resonance Ultimate Edition Blu-ray & DVD Combo from Anime Limited. Despite the horror stories from various people my copy arrived with barely any damage whatsoever (probably because the Ultimate Edition chipboard box is much stronger than the normal size) so I'm pleased at least. This release is Region B/2 NTSC and has locked subs for the Blu-ray. Overall for £54 this is worth my money especially as I enjoyed the show.

D6vAGBIh.jpg

Extra photos of the set:
vut2pxNh.jpg

z95uaBLh.jpg

ig8wJZhh.jpg

The rest of the photos are available to view on my blog and also Imgur.

And as a bonus, here is all of the items I picked up during the month of August 2016. I will have a fifth Complete Otaku Collection update this week before I head back to University.

39NKFVjh.jpg

I'm glad I got the DS copy now as it seems to be getting harder to find, plus Virtue's Last reward has been in my backlog a good few years lol.

Hopefully the remaster does come out on Vita too :3

Just got some animes from my backlog:
20160907_150404.jpg

Oh, might not be a big deal but also got some Monogatari episodes ;)

20160907_150251.jpg

Attachments

• 20160907_150251.jpg
    20160907_150251.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 11
Back