What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

IncendiaryLemon said:
It's a very nice set and I am eager to watch the movies but it is a tad disappointing about the disc trays. Does anyone have any tips about re-gluing them? Like how much to use and where to apply?

23420568209_289f330cda_c.jpg

One of these things just doesn't belong. :x

My tray still had glue on it, so I straightened it as best as I could. I'd look at the other trays on the set and apply it around the same areas. (I think it was the 4 edges of the tray?)

With my set, the first tray is fine, the second is a little off position but nothing huge but then the last two trays are just way off center. None of them are really loose, they just look really off position.

23706365431_e0a49279b5_b.jpg

You can push the slipped trays up with firm, slow pressure until they're sitting in the right place, then very carefully use a few dabs of stronger glue around where the edge of the plastic meets the card to secure them there. The original glue is very rubbery and while it stays stuck to the trays it doesn't half slide around them when gravity is applied.

R

23706879781_851418a86a_c.jpg

Unexpected second parcel! Quite a fast turn around from Zavvi. I'm excited to watch it but I probably won't be able to for a while as I just received this email from Base today after I sent them an email regarding my order of the second Berserk movie

PQKxrlo.png

*sigh*

Received my Gurren lagann UE set today as well, got back not long after postman had been and he left a card to collect it from the local sorting office, luckily i saw him up the road so i raced up and managed to get it off him :D

2rmxj0i.jpg

I got #216 out of 2000. Artbook is great.

As with Lemon's set a few of the disc trays were far out of position, managed to peel them off where they were and put them back in place.

DragonBlaze67 said:
Received my Gurren lagann UE set today as well, got back not long after postman had been and he left a card to collect it from the local sorting office, luckily i saw him up the road so i raced up and managed to get it off him :D

As with Lemon's set a few of the disc trays were far out of position, managed to peel them off where they were and put them back in place.

Nice, I managed to get #104 myself. Out of interest, when you peeled them off, did you feel like the card underneath would rip easy? I want to reposition my trays but I'm terrified of tearing the digipack.

IncendiaryLemon said:
DragonBlaze67 said:

Nice, I managed to get #104 myself. Out of interest, when you peeled them off, did you feel like the card underneath would rip easy? I want to reposition my trays but I'm terrified of tearing the digipack.

Yeah there was a couple instances where it felt like it might rip up some of the art, just be extra gentle when you try to peel the trays off the glue.

Mangaranga said:
It's been a lively day. I'm even more thankful to UP1 as it now seems that this is completely OOP - The page on NISA's store seems to have been taken down.

F92La01.jpg

Congrats, back in September 2014 I used up all of my funds to get that set, thinking it was OOP completely - then they announced reprints.

tumblr_ncvab4GtGL1sjo5gyo10_500.gif

But I don't regret it at all.

You've done very well indeed to get that, it's still not clear to me why I never bought it originally. It's upsetting every time I look at the listing for the second set. ;_;

fKcSbo0.jpg

I vowed to myself that I would never buy anime on DVD again unless it was an old show with no Blu-ray release in Japan. But I had to have Nodame.

Beyond the Boundary arrived a couple of weeks ago from Amazon with some fairly significant damage to the box, mostly to the spine side that I have carefully hidden from view. I accepted a 30% refund so that I wouldn't have to deal with the arseache of returning it but I'm not thrilled with that outcome. I'm hoping I like the show enough to not want to sell the set but not so much that I cry when I look at it.

In contrast to the wonderful (and cheaper) Chunibyou set, this one contains an inordinate amount of crap. Really, Sentai?

4UJktcL.jpg

At least I got a cute Mirai phone strap.

PqkNz8Z.jpg

@fabricatedlunatic - At least it doesn't come with temporary tattoos :p (Seriously...pretty sure the average Akame ga Kill viewer is older than 12).

I can personally see the appeal in the glasses (and am kinda "Eh" that Animatsu won't be including them), but a lanyard? That one guy from Marvel's Agents of SHIELD must be ecstatic.

Great set indeed that Love Live Season 1, have a pre-order at UP1USA for season 2

Received so far this week.
  • Bayonetta: Bloody Fate, Baldr Force EXE and Ghost in the Shell: Arise 3 & 4 through amazon
  • High School of the Dead Collector's Edition, the first one in the Rightstuf sale, and came through without any custom charges.

540.jpg

540.jpg

Back