What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Received my one and only Rightstuf sale order today - no customs charges as the box was kindly marked by Righstuf as pre-paid.

1. My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
2. Highschool of the Dead Collector's Edition

SNAFU is my first non-CE Sentai BD purchase - I like the amarays they use.

49SKms2.jpg

KpLGYJP.jpg

More pics of the HOTD set:
[spoilerbutton](some have turned out sideways/upside down)
Fw1OaSp.jpg

n06F8Wh.jpg

KjocNCQ.jpg

fgirvU1.jpg

iETuoFo.jpg

Np6VjqL.jpg

MH2TTFl.jpg

Q7eWjd6.jpg

XiY4MEW.jpg

lW1wb6r.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

ilmaestro said:
Impressive set. How long did delivery take?
Ordered on 27/11/15, order was shipped on 01/12/2015 - unfortunately there are no options for international shipping, just the same one for all. Plus, rightstuf aren't known for speed so I usually give it about 10 working days to arrive.

Got home to find this waiting for me, my first AL Ultimate Edition, #867 out of 1000. Still annoys me there's no title on the spine but for only £10 more than the standard edition i couldn't resist :D

33lnw5k.jpg

Well after my recent acquisition of the Giovanni's Island UE I was one UE away from "completing the set". Those familiar with my posts will know that is not a situation I could tolerate for long so today I received;
eod5igm.jpg

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans ED CD (CDJapan)...came with poster as a first release bonus
sRg1oWUh.jpg

1Fsb6BPh.jpg

Free! ~Eternal Summer~ - Tachibana Makoto Youth ver. (Taito)
gQ8hZXGh.jpg

Ace of Diamond: Eijun Sawamura (Palm Mate)
RTmWSdwh.jpg

Received from Japan today:

9F1439BC-902F-408C-8CF7-6FB3204BB9C7.jpg

7FCC8534-5200-46A2-B347-2C417A20865B.jpg

Lucky Star is my all time favourite slice of life show, so I'm very happy to finally get it on blu-ray to upgrade my DVD. :D

Morbo86 said:
Lucky Star is my all time favourite slice of life show, so I'm very happy to finally get it on blu-ray to upgrade my DVD. :D
I thought that set was long since OOP? How much did it set you back and does it include both Engdub/sub?
Bluray upgrade is a questionable term since I heard it's another awful Q-Tec upscale - worse than Haruhi S1.

I got it from amazon.jp market place as a very good condition set (its in mint condition, doesn't even look like its been used), it cost about £120 when converted but it did get hit by customs for another £35 on top sadly.

It comes with English Dub and Subs, the subs seem to have that grey shading to them but to be honest the video looks good. Then again I'm not one to delve that deeply into the encoding so it could very well be on the poorer scale in that regards.

Finally have my first Anime Purchase since Mid-August, it's been too long!

So that's one down, another 8 (plus 2 in December and a handful of Q1 2016 stuff) to get to catch up!

Morbo86 said:
Received from Japan today:

So freaky. I only found out about this the day before and someone on here's bought it. :eek:

Really nice pickup. :)

Persona 3: Spring of Birth LE & Persona 3: Midsummer Knight's Dream LE - Man these sets look nice, and I'm not only saying that because Aigis is on the front of one, although I guess it does help :p. While for a movie these aren't exactly cheap (although I wouldn't say they are expensive either, especially now I've seen how nice they are), they were actually cheaper than I thought they would be at about £35 each.
TVY3zi3l.jpg

Akito the Exiled Vol.4 LE & Rurouni Kenshin 3: The Legend Ends - Another part of Akito the Exiled, I've yet to see any of this as I'm waiting until it's all out so I can binge watch it one day but this one seems to have mixed reviews so I'm somewhat apprehensive but having 3 volumes already I couldn't turn back lol.
bKsRMngl.jpg

As for Rurouni Kenshin, I've been waiting on a price drop on this for a while. I did actually buy it from Amazon but it was returned to them and I was refunded, which is odd as I never received it nor requested a refund but whatever lol finally dropped to £9.99 on Zavvi so finally grabbed it, looks nicer than I thought it would, expected it to be as bad as part 1, but it's not.

I was hoping to get Garden of Sinners this week, but gonna need to buy a new phone so that's a 400 odd pounds I wasn't expecting to have to spend, so they will have to wait til later now most likely.

Definitely need to get those P3 movies some day. I watched the first one and loved it but I'm holding out for them all before I watch the rest. The price is a little steep for the amount of content but they do look nice.

Yeah I get where you're coming from on that one. I guess it depends on what you value in stuff like this, I love a nice box and man these are nice little boxes lol (I always hoped this was the quality Anime Limited boxes would be, but frankly it's not even close). Also, while I don't usually value soundtracks, I love the music in Persona a lot so it's a nice extra. I've actually not seen the movies myself but love the game so looking forward to seeing them.

23679959372_8c3a9af4cb_c.jpg

So I guess my Postman was just a bit late :lol:

It's a very nice set and I am eager to watch the movies but it is a tad disappointing about the disc trays. Does anyone have any tips about re-gluing them? Like how much to use and where to apply?

Something that took me by surprise was the size of the set. I have no idea how I'm going to display this. I might have to put it on my DVD shelf because it's way deeper than my BD shelf.

23420568209_289f330cda_c.jpg

Also, like when I got my Chu2koi set, my Standard Edition of Gurren Lagann is now for sale. PM me if you're interested!

Back