What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

23355436890_09b98ac934_c.jpg

Been waiting to play this a while. Will probably start it today. This is my first VN game (Unless Danganronpa counts, those are more like Hybrids really) so I hope I like the genre.

IncendiaryLemon said:
23355436890_09b98ac934_c.jpg

Been waiting to play this a while. Will probably start it today. This is my first VN game (Unless Danganronpa counts, those are more like Hybrids really) so I hope I like the genre.

Im currently playing the ps3 version, ready to play the Steins Gate 0. Im loving it so far 15hrs in its better than the anime.

23024914894_4a2bc48b0c_c.jpg

Unexpected second delivery! I've been waiting for this arrive for about a fortnight now and the expected date was tomorrow but I got it today! I think this is easily the nicest Collector's set I own. There is an absolutely baffling number of extras, the art book is nice, thick and very well made and the box itself looks really nice! A nice bonus I wasn't expecting is that the discs play on my PS4 just fine. I was expecting to have to use the bypass method but I guess these are geolocked instead. I'm in two minds whether or not to open up all the art cards and look at them or to keep everything in its wrapping. Hmmm.

As an aside, if anyone's interested, I'm now selling my Animatsu copy of the show, so PM me if you're interested!

msgeek said:
Had a nice little selection through myself today.
Glad to see you finally managed to get that Jellyfish box.

Wasn't planning on buying that Spice & Wolf artbook so soon but then I saw it got changed to temporarily out of stock on Amazon... And a few days later it was removed completely so I just went and physically bought it.

Anyway, this week I got
  • Spice & Wolf artbook (French version)
  • Nana complete DVD collection and Michiko to Hatchin part 2 Blu-ray from the Madman sale
  • Bakemonogatari

IncendiaryLemon said:
I'm in two minds whether or not to open up all the art cards and look at them or to keep everything in its wrapping. Hmmm.
My thoughts about this are: what is the point in paying extra for things like art cards if you don't get to look at them? ^^;

YES! Finally received my Madman order, can't believe it took 1 month from when it dispatched to arrive. Noticed that Guilty Crowns Collectors box isn't as big as i thought it would be, with having both parts in i can't put the artbooks in with it which is a shame, pretty sure the USA one is big enough to hold it all weird how the AUS one is smaller.

2cqb0p2.jpg

IncendiaryLemon said:

Did you order Berserk through CEX online? They've got some anime at good prices that i'm tempted at ordering after christmas but i've never ordered anything from their online shop so i wasn't sure whether to risk it or not.

Sure did. I've bought a ton of stuff on there, as you say, they sometimes have good prices. I've always got everything in good condition and fast. Berserk only dispatched yesterday and I already have it.

Looks good for the UK & AU customers. Doesn't look like they used the exact discs given Hanabee's logos and AU Ratings are on there so it looks like they have been re-authored, but I suspect the audio & video quality shouldn't be affected as the disc count is the same.

As for me, consistency and OST reasons I'll still go with the Aniplex US sets (pricey indeed but they'll last at least 2 years if US folks are importing UK/AU copies).

Thanks for posting Gemsy. Looks a really nice set. Hoping the UK price drops to a similar amount, otherwise I'll be kicking myself lol.

britguy said:
The first two of six parcels I am expecting over the next week

Awesome pickups. Did you get the Toradora sets off of ebay?

If the Monster artbox was a chipboard, I would've been extremely happy, but I can't complain, all the parts in one set was a bargain.

DragonBlaze67 said:
YES! Finally received my Madman order, can't believe it took 1 month from when it dispatched to arrive. Noticed that Guilty Crowns Collectors box isn't as big as i thought it would be, with having both parts in i can't put the artbooks in with it which is a shame, pretty sure the USA one is big enough to hold it all weird how the AUS one is smaller.

Nice pickups. I had the same problem with Guilty Crown. I'll probably put the artbooks somewhere else, because having part two separate looks silly to me haha.

Back