What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

:eek:
Jatz said:
Awesome pickups. Did you get the Toradora sets off of ebay?

If the Monster artbox was a chipboard, I would've been extremely happy, but I can't complain, all the parts in one set was a bargain.

I got them both off another forum. Monster was £45 shipped from America and Toradora premium Edition was £65. Looking forward to watching them both.

Yeah shame it's quite thin, would've been one of the nicest sets if it were chipboard.

So you've relieved GwG over on blu-ray from at least one of his Monster boxsets i see :wink:

@Msgeek, great you've finally got Princess Jellyfish :)

Received my RWBY Volume 1 JP set today
xlFeqIF.jpg

The set comes with JP and Eng audio and JP and Eng subtitles

More pics:
[spoilerbutton]
vXhG2Aj.jpg

zHKLVC5.jpg

2t8Qoak.jpg

ywCntV9.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

britguy said:
I got them both off another forum. Monster was £45 shipped from America and Toradora premium Edition was £65. Looking forward to watching them both.

Yeah shame it's quite thin, would've been one of the nicest sets if it were chipboard.

Oh very nice. Those are pretty good prices. Wish I could get Toradora for that much. :p

britguy said:
The first two of six parcels I am expecting over the next week
How much did you get Monster for in the end? I take it you got it from the guy on the Bluray.com forum who got three complete sets despite only asking for the artbox each time...

Mangaranga said:
britguy said:
The first two of six parcels I am expecting over the next week
How much did you get Monster for in the end? I take it you got it from the guy on the Bluray.com forum who got three complete sets despite only asking for the artbox each time...

I paid $40 for the item and then $30 for shipping, i'd sold some stuff to the guy earlier in the year so he was happy to reciprocate! Tough finding people who will actually ship from the USA on there, but when sending stuff not via tracked shipping, it's too easy to get scammed, so I don't doubt them for being a bit wary.

Winkuru said:
EDIT: Sucks to hear about rightstuff orders getting caught. There's the chance that they grouped my order's too so i'm interested to hear what they will answer to you.

So i was finally able to send out my email Thursday evening regarding them combining two small orders in to one and as such me getting hit with custom charges. And they've answered very quickly yesterday.

Rightstuf proposed to send me a $25 Gift Certificate to compensate for the extra custom charges, and i'll gladly accept this. Doesn't cover the total custom charges of 26,03€ completely but comes very close. So i'm happy :) And will come in very handy as i plan to make a big order from the sale in the coming days.

Stiivun said:
Winkuru said:
EDIT: Sucks to hear about rightstuff orders getting caught. There's the chance that they grouped my order's too so i'm interested to hear what they will answer to you.

So i was finally able to send out my email Thursday evening regarding them combining two small orders in to one and as such me getting hit with custom charges. And they've answered very quickly yesterday.

Rightstuf proposed to send me a $25 Gift Certificate to compensate for the extra custom charges, and i'll gladly accept this. Doesn't cover the total custom charges of 26,03€ completely but comes very close. So i'm happy :) And will come in very handy as i plan to make a big order from the sale in the coming days.

Thanks for letting me know. If i get hit by the customs for same reason then i'm going to ask for gift card too.

My Righstuf order has seemingly got hit by customs (being at customs clearance for 48 hours now, and parcel force not updated) but that's my own fault for ordering £60 of stuff in one go! I await their letter demanding tribute!

britguy said:
My Righstuf order has seemingly got hit by customs (being at customs clearance for 48 hours now, and parcel force not updated) but that's my own fault for ordering £60 of stuff in one go! I await their letter demanding tribute!

Is it possible to assume that you can't track items on the weekend? I think that may be the case.

I received my first order from Rightstuf this morning! Thankfully it made it through okay.

VStna2v.jpg

The HOTD CE is BD sized which is slightly annoying since the rest of Sentai's CEs are DVD size. An initial look shows that the discs themselves are massively better than Sentai's initial offering. Gone is the aggressive banding in fade in/outs, gigantic subtitles and screwed brightness. The video encode itself is also far better. Needless to say I'm extremely happy with the set for $44.

Mangaranga said:
I received my first order from Rightstuf this morning! Thankfully it made it through okay.

VStna2v.jpg

The HOTD CE is BD sized which is slightly annoying since the rest of Sentai's CEs are DVD size. An initial look shows that the discs themselves are massively better than Sentai's initial offering. Gone is the aggressive banding in fade in/outs, gigantic subtitles and screwed brightness. The video encode itself is also far better. Needless to say I'm extremely happy with the set for $44.

That's really good news, I'm glad that the QC is okay since they changed it to include the OVA rather than have it separately. Oh, speaking of the OVA apparently the original OVA only release had some problems, could you check that episode to see if there's any issues whatsoever? :roll:

NormanicGrav said:
That's really good news, I'm glad that the QC is okay since they changed it to include the OVA rather than have it separately. Oh, speaking of the OVA apparently the original OVA only release had some problems, could you check that episode to see if there's any issues whatsoever? :roll:
Any idea what the problem was with the OVA originally? I'll have a quick look later.

Mangaranga said:
NormanicGrav said:
Any idea what the problem was with the OVA originally? I'll have a quick look later.

I'm trying to recall where I found it, but I'll check later (bit busy atm..). :thumb:

Mangaranga said:
Nice to hear.

Now, if only someone here or in AUS would release the newer discs.

Mangaranga said:
Needless to say I'm extremely happy with the set for $44.

Great price on HOTD. I've just registered with Rightstuf and ordered for that price.

Got Giovanni's Island UE from the AL sale myself through today.
iPG83ur.jpg

I've so far avoided the Rightstuf sale but now I've registered I might splurge a bit. Anyone know what they are like with customs / splitting orders to stay under limits etc?

Should I just order a bunch in one order / multiple single item orders / multiple orders with 1 day between?

Back