What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Wacom Pen & Touch Medium

I'm..... My sanity is interrogating me, why I have this for several hours now.
I guess this is what happens, if you have a random chuunibyou attack, make the mistake to actually talk about it, get some sort of (sanity say mishappen) encouragement, manage to weasel yourself out of it, only to get another chuuni-attack a couple of month later and win an auction on ebay for a price that was entered more as a joke.

I had declared a while ago, that if I had one my first humble goal would be to be manage drawing least a straight line straight.
(Punchline to that was: You don't need that, graphics programms can make it straight for anyway.)

But turns out, I can't even draw any line so far. OTL
(I don't get these driver settings, pen movemets and clicks work perfectly fine in any read-only-document-ish related programm like browser, mail, pdf viewer. But when navigating desktop, simple MS editor, Notepad++ or, for a quick test, simple paint or paint.net, it's just dead frozen.)

I guess, deeper trouble shooting goes after a round of sleep. @_@"
I used to use something similar a few years ago. They do take quite a while to learn how to use them but they're a good tool when you master it. The trick to straight lines is don't use them for straight lines 😀

Easiest way to draw a straight line, even on a graphics tablet is with a ruler :p (plastic). It's like drawing a circle, it sounds easy but it's not....

I received this one on Tuesday from Amazon JP:

shorts1.jpg

The Ghibli ga Ippai Special Short Short 1992 - 2016 Blu-ray, along with the August NewType magazine. I probably didn't need to order a magazine for extra protection of just a bare BD case release, but since I'm used to adding the magazines with all my orders to get the safer Plank-in-the-Box packing, I included one this time just for the extra goodies inside.

This Studio Ghibli Shorts release includes the "On your Mark" music video that was so hard to get and selling for big bucks a couple years ago released on it's own JP Blu-ray, so this is a nice, inexpensive alternative.

Last edited:
I used to use something similar a few years ago. They do take quite a while to learn how to use them but they're a good tool when you master it. The trick to straight lines is don't use them for straight lines 😀
It's not actually my first tablet. I also have a Wacom Bamboo (half the size), which I got years ago primarily for handwriting recognition in Japanese, so I could look Kanjis up. That one never had the issues I had now and technically I could also draw with that (I even tried a few times), but the sensitive really is just for writing and navigating applications, rather than drawing. But I could at least move in any Programm with it and draw a line in any graphics related programm!
I also use the now discontinued Logitech T650 Touchpad (which is absolute gold), so the touch part of the tablet was really easy to get into. That meanwhile in the graphics programs does move. But doesn't do anything beyond doing a point. (Even if I use left mouse drag mode, which works fine for making text, but not drawing a line.)

Still not getting it. But the help manual and Wacom properties tabs aren't particularly helpful either on that so far.

Easiest way to draw a straight line, even on a graphics tablet is with a ruler :p (plastic). It's like drawing a circle, it sounds easy but it's not....

The easiest way to "draw" a straight line is using vectors. (But then if I want to train my hand guts, that's kinda cheating.)
I hardly manage proper lines with rules in real either. I kind of start turning the thing slightly in angle and then usually the line changes thickness. (Though, I suppose that may still count as straight?)

But so far any of this comes after I find out how the hell to make it draw in a graphics program. Like WTH is up with either the drivers or my brain.

I went to Meadowhall in order to sort something with the bank (nothing major) and I then went to HMV.

dUrhxsch.jpg

Found out that HMV was doing a Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Arrow Academy titles (to recap, Arrow Video titles were under the deal early on but not their sister label which was weird). So I thought that I may as well make use of it and picked up two Blu-ray sets; which in total were five films.
  • Masaki Kobayashi's The Human Condition Trilogy. This trilogy set features the films:
    • No Greater Love
    • Road to Eternity
    • A Soldier's Prayer
  • Hong Sang-soo's Two Film set. This double film set features the films:
    • Woman is the Future of Man
    • Tale of Cinema
Total price - £14.99

C4V54EDh.jpg

z7mzLjYh.jpg

Never heard of this but was pretty cheap for a spanish edition
View attachment 9770

ACCA 13 was one of my favorite anime for the year that show came out - 2016, was it? I imported the JP Blu-ray Box releases two years ago; they include English subtitles.

3acca13jp2.jpg

I also got a copy of the Funimation release last year, to have a dub so I can show the series to friends.

Last edited:
Back