What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I didn't realise that the SC releases stopped coming with slipcovers, any copies I've seen always had them. I've been gradually converting to the new Shout releases since they have better masters in places and are around the same price (though it's even harder to get slips with them than the UK editions)

I actually picked this one up from eBay to make sure it had the slipcover. Going to do the same with Arrietty.

Any others I should be worried about?
Tales from Earthsea seems to be the latest one and my local HMV didn't have one for Wind Rises.

PqzE897l.jpg

Looks nice (even with the blandest character in the world is on the cover...), I don't actually wanna open this as if Anime Limited don't fix the discs I plan to re-sell it, however I can hear the disc is loose inside the box ;_; I assume it's the disc anyway.

I received my Zavvi Exclusive GitS box today over here in the US, so I decided to take a photo of my complete GitS Collection on Disc as it stands today - 33 titles total, all Blu-ray except for the Innocence and SSS DVD steelbooks, two copies of the Innocence Music Video Anthology DVD and Motion Picture Soundtrack CD (not sure how I ended up with two of them!), and the Arise Steelbook...

gitsall33.jpg

I received my Zavvi Exclusive GitS box today over here in the US, so I decided to take a photo of my complete GitS Collection on Disc as it stands today - 33 titles total, all Blu-ray except for the Innocence and SSS DVD steelbooks, two copies of the Innocence Music Video Anthology DVD and Motion Picture Soundtrack CD (not sure how I ended up with two of them!), and the Arise Steelbook...

gitsall33.jpg
Dang! I thought I had a decent GitS collection, some if the things I don't have here; re releases, double dips, soundtracks and scarjo GitS

GitS collection
Cool

I don't have here

I read that that the wrong way round first time as "things I have not in that picture" which I thought to myself obviously it's all the same content, but I have different versions of all of them bar the new Manga SAC Collection.

I have the 2 films and 3 OVAs on DVD from the Manga Force Collection and SAC on DVD from the Beez Anime Classics range (but the French release which does have English on it).

I have the films on Blu-Ray, but in a double feature pack and the OVAs on Blu-Ray and now SAC and the OVAs on Blu-Ray with this new release.

Also the live action film, 2.0 soundtrack, the first manga and a couple of Pop Vinyl figures.

Need to get Arise, but would want Alternative Architecture (as the 2 extra episodes lead into the new movie) and there doesn't seem to be a UK friendly release of that!

gitsall33.jpg
Nice collection. I assume you are having some difficulty finding the Production Log 1 dvd as that is the only release I see that is absent there.

Need to get Arise, but would want Alternative Architecture (as the 2 extra episodes lead into the new movie) and there doesn't seem to be a UK friendly release of that!
The Japanese release of Pyrophoric Cult, Arise 5, has English subtitles. The two UK Arise sets can be bought from CEX for £6 and £5 respectively.

Last edited:
Back