What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

From Amazon.co.jp today;

Gals Paradise 2017 DVD Special mook (San-ei Shobo)
Gundam Thunderbolt Bandit Flower Blu-ray (Bandai Visual)
Little Witch Academia Volume 9 Blu-ray (Toho)

aj151217.jpg

I've had a ton of issues getting volumes 6 to 8 of Little Witch Academia. I was waiting until two volumes were released then buying them with other items, but Amazon.co.jp isn't selling them directly any more. Instead third party sellers like HMV and obscure electronics shops in Fukuoka or wherever sell them on the site. Even though it explicitly says "fulfilled by Amazon.co.jp" meaning it was in their warehouse, not shipped from the third party themselves, I couldn't get them shipped to me unless I changed my address to a Japanese one. Exactly the same thing happened with the two ex-Kickstarter backed Kenji Studio anime BD/DVD sets I wanted. Bloody frustrating and something which hasn't happened to me before. Instead I got the discs via a proxy I have used for a decade or more. Pre-ordering a bunch of Comiket 93 doujinshi anyway, so that'll save on shipping costs when everything eventually comes in.

From Amazon.co.jp today;

Little Witch Academia Volume 9 Blu-ray (Toho)

I've had a ton of issues getting volumes 6 to 8 of Little Witch Academia. I was waiting until two volumes were released then buying them with other items, but Amazon.co.jp isn't selling them directly any more. Instead third party sellers like HMV and obscure electronics shops in Fukuoka or wherever sell them on the site.

Amazon was selling them directly, it's just that they ran out of their own stock before or on release day due to the high demand for these. I had issues with Volume 7, it was OOS when I went to order it two days after release, but fortunately Amazon got a restocking a few days later, and I ordered it then. Volume 8 went OOS and Amazon indicated a restock was coming a week later, but it never happened, so I ended up ordering one of their last 3 remaining Amazon Exclusive releases still in stock, at a higher cost of course, to get mine. just an hour or two later those were all gone too. So, I made sure to pre-order Volume 9 while I was still logged in to the site...

Last edited:
Amazon was selling them directly, it's just that they ran out of their own stock before or on release day due to the high demand for these. I had issues with Volume 7, it was OOS when I went to order it two days after release, but fortunately Amazon got a restocking a few days later, and I ordered it then. Volume 8 went OOS and Amazon indicated a restock was coming a week later, but it never happened, so I ended up ordering one of their last 3 remaining Amazon Exclusive releases still in stock, at a higher cost of course, to get mine. just an hour or two later those were all gone too. So, I made sure to pre-order Volume 9 while I was still logged in to the site...
That restock did happen, it's just that enough people ordered it while it was tagged like that for them to sell those out as well.

Volume 9 arrived safely for me as well, it's nice to finally have them all.
OR508dZ.png

image.jpg
My second Rightstuf order was apparently sent here but no one answered in time. Tracking says they left a card, yet there's no card anywhere. Hmm...

Back