What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Received Chunibyo Heart Throb today, glad it got the 'Deluxe' treatment to match S1 but the art cards are underwhelming and poster is useless to me as i never put up these ones that have been folded up, quite pleased i only paid £23.99 for it. Luckily the switch from Animatsu to Manga between season sets (why?) isn't too noticeable on the spines as everything else matches up. Hope all the upcoming Manga Deluxe editions drop to the £30 mark as the current price of £40 is way too much for what you get.

IMG_1252.JPG IMG_1253.JPG

Received Chunibyo Heart Throb today, glad it got the 'Deluxe' treatment to match S1 but the art cards are underwhelming and poster is useless to me as i never put up these ones that have been folded up, quite pleased i only paid £23.99 for it. Luckily the switch from Animatsu to Manga between season sets (why?) isn't too noticeable on the spines as everything else matches up. Hope all the upcoming Manga Deluxe editions drop to the £30 mark as the current price of £40 is way too much for what you get.

View attachment 377 View attachment 378
whars different between this and the other version?

33058066081_6d7f0bd860_b.jpg

So close to catching up with AoA Monogatari releases now

32340830574_c0f5370d29_b.jpg

Only need Tsuki and the two Owari parts. Hoping to get them before the pound is likely to tank again when Article 50 is triggered.

32807938680_8119c49866_b.jpg

After being messed around with ParcelFarce for a few days (The level of sheer incompetence on display whilst I was trying to get this was unparallelled) I finally got my hands on this courtesy of @BlackStrat. Really lovely set. Since AL's CE is OOP, and their rumoured UE will likely be too big and too expensive for me to want, this is pretty much perfect for me.

33190714555_ab3e1563e1_b.jpg

Picked up Train to Busan on @Joshawott's recommendation, and due to the fact that I love zombie movies to death. John Wick was an impulse buy. I was meaning to pick it up anyway, so when they had it on the £4.99 with any other purchase counter, I had to buy it.

Where are the obi?? D:

In a drawer. I bought a couple of them used for a good price, however they were missing the obi and the numbered card. However, given they were significantly cheaper than new (I think I paid £30 each for the second hand sets) it was a small price to pay, so I took them all off for consistency. However, given Kizu doesn't have an Obi, I might have taken them all off anyway for the same reason.

DwnFWeoh.jpg

Got Scrapped Princess on Blu Ray this morning. This was one of my earliest favourite series, I've seen it twice so far all the way through but have watched episodes of it here and there over the years a multitude of times. As a series it holds my personal record for longest marathon of a show as well, wherein that second viewing involved an 18 episode marathon, which is not something I normally do outside of One Piece.

The packaging of the set is very standard, the disc art is nice, as is the group shot on the cover. But the colour palette of the set feels off to me and the Coffee Shop font for the logo is disgraceful and I really hope Funimation were forced into using that logo as it pales in comparison to the original (I photoshopped that myself). The Blu Ray itself is obviously an upscale and video quality wise it's of a good standard. Given it's a Bones series that isn't surprising as all of their upscales from the era have come out really well handled. I especially like the addition of an artificial film grain (Eureka Seven also had this) which goes along way to cover up any possible issues. Anyway I'm happy to own the set for now but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up double dipping for another BD set down the line...

I also purchased the 2nd Volume of Raijin-Oh, a Kids Mecha series put out by the unknown to alot of you I suspect Anime Midstream. I have often over the years delayed buying sets only to heavily regret not getting it while I could. Especially for more obscure releases. For example the Dear Brother Anime Sols sets I had in my basket on UP1 a couple of times but never pulled the trigger on them which I really regret, same for Creamy Mami. In the case of Raijin-Oh I didn't want to have that same regret so I've decided to slowly collect the volumes (£20 a pop is pretty expensive by todays standards). I watched the first volume I picked up last month in a single sitting and enjoyed it for what it was which is a good sunrise Mecha series aimed at selling kids toys. The dub is pretty bad but the fact that Anime Midstream even tried to dub the show is worthy of praise, I certainly appreciate it. They even included Dub outtakes which are always good for a laugh. But yeah I will be slowly picking up the remaining 3 volumes and Second Season Boxset to complete the show in time for the upcoming Anime Midstream release of Bt'x S1 & 2, which they are also trying to dub. If you are a fan of older Anime and enjoy supporting the ventures of companies like Discotek then I highly suggest you give these Anime Midstream releases a look. Nothing they will end up releasing will ever get a second release so while I'm certainly late to the party I will be following my own advice in supporting them going forward for sure.

Last edited:
DwnFWeoh.jpg

Got Scrapped Princess on Blu Ray this morning. This was one of my earliest favourite series, I've seen it twice so far all the way through but have watched episodes of it here and there over the years a multitude of times. As a series it holds my personal record for longest marathon of a show as well, wherein that second viewing involved an 18 episode marathon, which is not something I normally do outside of One Piece.

The packaging of the set is very standard, the disc art is nice, as is the group shot on the cover. But the colour palette of the set feels off to me and the Coffee Shop font for the logo is disgraceful and I really hope Funimation were forced into using that logo as it pales in comparison to the original (I photoshopped that myself). The Blu Ray itself is obviously an upscale and video quality wise it's of a good standard. Given it's a Bones series that isn't surprising as all of their upscales from the era have come out really well handled. I especially like the addition of an artificial film grain (Eureka Seven also had this) which goes along way to cover up any possible issues. Anyway I'm happy to own the set for now but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up double dipping for another BD set down the line...

I also purchased the 2nd Volume of Raijin-Oh, a Kids Mecha series put out by the unknown to alot of you I suspect Anime Midstream. I have often over the years delayed buying sets only to heavily regret not getting it while I could. Especially for more obscure releases. For example the Dear Brother Anime Sols sets I had in my basket on UP1 a couple of times but never pulled the trigger on them which I really regret, same for Creamy Mami. In the case of Raijin-Oh I didn't want to have that same regret so I've decided to slowly collect the volumes (£20 a pop is pretty expensive by todays standards). I watched the first volume I picked up last month in a single sitting and enjoyed it for what it was which is a good sunrise Mecha series aimed at selling kids toys. The dub is pretty bad but the fact that Anime Midstream even tried to dub the show is worthy of praise, I certainly appreciate it. They even included Dub outtakes which are always good for a laugh. But yeah I will be slowly picking up the remaining 3 volumes and Second Season Boxset to complete the show in time for the upcoming Anime Midstream release of Bt'x S1 & 2, which they are also trying to dub. If you are a fan of older Anime and enjoy supporting the ventures of companies like Discotek then I highly suggest you give these Anime Midstream releases a look. Nothing they will end up releasing will ever get a second release so while I'm certainly late to the party I will be following my own advice in supporting them going forward for sure.

Is scrapped princess region A locked?

Back