What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

zinwTzA.jpg

This Tomie release is a real tome, ha. Ha ha. Hahahaha.

I'll see myself out.

Not heard of Dissolving Classroom, but that cover art alone means I have to buy it at some point.

Got this cheap Honoka figure today. It's bit flimsy but it look's pretty good if you ask me.

DSC_0311_zps9p4neb7i.jpg

I had another figure comming up and because it didn't arrive today the chances are that customs took it. I'm hoping that it would just turn up tommorrow so that i wouldn't have to deal with that hassle.

o7VU8C6h.jpg

Been waiting on this set for over two years since Discotek first announced it. Always a show I've had an interest in seeing, despite it's incredibly overused 'person in a strange world' trope. I've mentioned in the past that Fantasy Anime were in my opinion hitting there peak in the 90s and the painted cel artwork lends itself so perfectly to the genre. I remember watching the trailer for the Japanese BD Box when it was first announced and salivating at the beauty of the the art, especially the character designs which of course are of Clamp origin since this is an adaption of the the Clamp Manga. The VQ is really fantastic, perfectly grainy, very detailed and colourful. Discotek did a wonderful job and it's such good value given this is a 49 episode series. It'd be nice to see the OVA sequel come out sometime once again, though I did buy the Manga DVD anyway in anticipation of this release.

Interestingly this will be yet another series that I will get to enjoy watching for the first time on BD, something I've been fortunate with for a number of titles like fellow Clamp series Cardcaptor Sakura as well as Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water and my now beloved Patlabor. I also watched [by means I'll leave up to your imagination] shows like Future Boy Conan and Macross for the first time in HD. Eventually shows I own but haven't watched yet like Casshan, Martian Successor Nadesico [on pre-order], Ranma 1/2, Outlaw Star and the remaining 4/5ths of Gatchaman I need to see will also be watched for the first time via BD.

Even with far too many shows of the past being tragically upscaled for Blu Ray in Japan still so many are coming out with proper film print telecines and gaining a whole new chance in the spotlight. Most rising above their slightly younger peers of the digital SD era. And while plenty of modern shows look quite spectacular nothing will replace the pre digital shows and how they look for me. I just can't get enough of the craftsmanship on display in Anime before digital was the norm. It's really a great time to be a classic Anime fan I have to say.

Last edited:
Eden of the East has arrived and it looks great. A pretty good bargain when you compare it to the Funimation Premium Edition set.

C5RkXZRWIAEZWtJ.jpg

C5RkYDzWYAA5swB.jpg

C5RkcxpWYAA64Jd.jpg

C5RkdxkXAAArtoe.jpg

More photos here. I checked through the discs:
  • Audio is Dolby TrueHD 5.1 for both languages.
  • Subtitles are unlockable.
  • On-disc content is the exact same as the Funimation release on all four discs.
I haven't properly checked the regions of the disc (laptop playing up) but I suspect they may be AB regions given they're basically the same on-disc content as the Funimation version.

DSC_0317_zpsmyzwppya.jpg

The second figure arrived today and no customs so yay. There was a lot of tinier paint errors but luckily most of them were on the backside and there's nothing that really sticks out so it's alright (expect the tiara part has some yellow on it and i think i should try to do something about myself)

I do somewhat recommend the Sega Hard Girls show that the character appears. It's a short show and it has some funny jokes on it. I'm not even a sega fan and i enjoyed it (gave it six)

C5XVpaNWIAEzum-.jpg

My VideoGamesPlus order arrived today, no customs as well (they declared it as $14.95CAN as I figured they would given my previous order last year dodged customs). The package contains two PlayStation Vita games that I wanted to get since they were on sale (and I had points to redeem that would save me $10CAN). The games were Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 and Demon Gaze. Neptunia Re;Birth1 was only physical in North America, but Idea Factory have released the others physically in Europe so I don't need to import for those ones. Demon Gaze was going for a higher price UK wise (well until it ended up on Deal of the Week for NISA Europe, but the price was pretty much the same).

I do recommend using VideoGamesPlus if you want to import some games, they often do free Worldwide shipping on some occasions for any order from $50CAN+ (£30). It took about 1 week for them to arrive which is solid.

C5XaE2IXUAQfBEe.jpg

I've had my fingers crossed for awhile that Anime Limited my get all of Mushi-shi. It's one of the truly great Anime series and while I'm glad that the AU release of Season 2 is available as an option, I still hope Anime Limited might come along and release all of it.

Back