What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

@IncendiaryLemon Since you have been on an importing frenzy I'm curious what program you use to watch these Blu Rays?

Last time I checked into it (a few years ago this is) there was no really good program to watch Blu Rays easily from any region like VLC or MPC-HC for DVDs.

@IncendiaryLemon Since you have been on an importing frenzy I'm curious what program you use to watch these Blu Rays?

Last time I checked into it (a few years ago this is) there was no really good program to watch Blu Rays easily from any region like VLC or MPC-HC for DVDs.
I believe he's not actually watching the blurays, but instead remuxing the m2ts files to mkv so he can watch with the usual software.

I believe he's not actually watching the blurays, but instead remuxing the m2ts files to mkv so he can watch with the usual software.

Pretty much this. Ripping plus fansubs. I won't go into much detail because as much as it's still supporting official releases, the whole sub it yourself via ripping thing is morally and legally dubious.

C6PQ7U9WcAAplZo.jpg

Full Metal Panic!, Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU, and Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid arrived today. This is the first three seasons in one set. More photos here.

Pretty much this. Ripping plus fansubs. I won't go into much detail because as much as it's still supporting official releases, the whole sub it yourself via ripping thing is morally and legally dubious.

Ah okay, I knew that method existed. I've never really liked the idea of that though myself, it seems like so much money to spend and time on something only to eventually end up doing something that only takes two clicks if you will. I can understand importing these titles just to own the sets themselves but beyond that I will admit my conscience is not so clear. I do my fair share supporting the industry and money isn't infinite so I have no qualms about going other routes if necessary. If it's all going to end up on a hard drive anyway then the difference is negligible in my opinion so far as the end user experience is concerned.

I do my fair share supporting the industry and money isn't infinite so I have no qualms about going other routes if necessary. If it's all going to end up on a hard drive anyway then the difference is negligible in my opinion.

Well there are ways to play the disc without needing to rip it, but it requires somewhat expensive software ontop of the expensive legal watching software.

Well there are ways to play the disc without needing to rip it, but it requires somewhat expensive software ontop of the expensive legal watching software.
In my experience, as long as you have something to decrypt the discs (DVDFab Passkey or the like). you can generally play them without too much issue in VLC and MPC-HC.

Can't help on software as I don't run Windows but to avoid the region issue on my computer I just have two separate physical drives. Way easier and internal/USB drives are cheap as chips. My software doesn't care about the region so long as drive and disc match and there are so few regions for BD (99% of my sets are A anyway) that it's never been a problem for me.

My region B drive is pretty much just for AL releases ^^;

R

Can't help on software as I don't run Windows but to avoid the region issue on my computer I just have two separate physical drives. Way easier and internal/USB drives are cheap as chips.
That's one solution! Would you recommend buying multiple USB BD drives over a multi-zone option?

That's one solution! Would you recommend buying multiple USB BD drives over a multi-zone option?

Very much so. I don't have any multi-region BD players at all. Maybe if I liked more western dramas I'd use the region B drive more (but most big studio UK releases are multi-region anyway).

R

Ehm, you should only ever need one BD drive regardless of the region(s) you intend to play.
In contrast to DVD drives, BD drives don't have a region flag on the drive (for BD playback). The region is solely checked by the player, and in case of a desktop, your software player. Basically all BD drives are region free (excluding their DVD playback capabilities) and it's the software that enforces region checking.

Received my Full Metal Panic complete collection yesterday. Won't post pictures as there is enough photos already. Who ever printed the address ladel put next doors number on it, invoice was correct though.

Two new arrivals today. The new 'Gatari novel arrived from Wordery. And a piano version of the NieR OST (Hills of Radiant Winds sounds godly on this album).
WP_20170308_11_24_03_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
Back