What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I received two Dakimakura Pillow covers from Amazon yesterday, since the one I pre-ordered from BuyAnime won't be shipping for at least a month or so. I ordered a few more since the ones on Amazon are fairly inexpensive - I can get three of the ones on the 'zon for the price of the one I ordered from BuyAnime, and many of them are two-day Prime deliveries. The quality of the ones I received yesterday seem fairly good, too. I figured, why not gather a small collection of them, they could double as full-length door posters if I hang them on the back of my bedroom door, and switch them out according to my mood, lol! I can't attach any photos here as I'm at work right now, and probably can't post the majority of them in here anyway, since, you know, they're Dakimakura. 😜

Asuna from Sword Art Online
Roxy from Mushoku Tensei

The "Dirty Old Man" is becoming strong in this one, that it is. 😁

2024 HAUL - JULY CHAPTER: BATCH #1

A few items!

The Holy Virgin vs The Evil Dead - 05.jpg
88 Films 2024 Collection 4.jpg

First item of the month is a last minute pickup because I've been meaning to get this film for a while and figured it'll sell out fast if I didn't order it sooner. Tony Lou Chun-Ku's 1991 film The Holy Virgin Versus The Evil Dead (魔唇劫) starring Donnie Yen! Now this is a Category III film and despite the promotional artwork prior to its release it does feature the CATIII logo on the spine of the set.

Basically this film was released with two versions; the safe for work version rated CATII which is what the Blu-ray uses for the most part as this was the one that received the HD restoration treatment, and the raunchy version rated CATIII which is also uncut for the first time in the UK (previous UK release was cut by the BBFC) but wasn't restored so 88 Films had to do with the best available materials for this release.

Since the film was made in Thailand, 88 Films opted to use their poster for the reversible artwork which is a neat touch.

Babylon - 08.jpg
Mobile Suit Gundam The Movie Trilogy 4K - 08.jpg

Next we have two new Anime Limited releases; one arrived late because of stock delays and the other arrived on time. Starting with the thriller series Babylon which streamed on Amazon Prime as part of the Twin Engine deal a few years back. The first half is really good while the second half is not particularly great but overall I didn't mind the show and the collector's set is pretty decent. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

And then we have Mobile Suit Gundam: The Movie Trilogy back again but this time in 4K Ultra HD format. Interestingly the booklet is the same (or at least has most) as the Japanese 4K UHD-Box released a few years back. Does make me wonder if Char's Counterattack will get the same treatment since it'll be a big improvement over the current Blu-ray given how those discs turned out. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

PS5 Haul 3.1.jpg

Also arrived today is the latest localised game in The Legend of Heroes franchise with The Legend of Heroes: Trails Through Daybreak on PlayStation 5.

I received two Dakimakura Pillow covers from Amazon yesterday, since the one I pre-ordered from BuyAnime won't be shipping for at least a month or so. I ordered a few more since the ones on Amazon are fairly inexpensive - I can get three of the ones on the 'zon for the price of the one I ordered from BuyAnime, and many of them are two-day Prime deliveries. The quality of the ones I received yesterday seem fairly good, too. I figured, why not gather a small collection of them, they could double as full-length door posters if I hang them on the back of my bedroom door, and switch them out according to my mood, lol! I can't attach any photos here as I'm at work right now, and probably can't post the majority of them in here anyway, since, you know, they're Dakimakura. 😜

Asuna from Sword Art Online
Roxy from Mushoku Tensei

The "Dirty Old Man" is becoming strong in this one, that it is. 😁

So I put the first Daki pillow case I received on my mother's old body pillow, featuring Asuna Yuuki in a frilly pink teddy. 🤗

I followed the enclosed instructions for putting the cover on the pillow, but it was a bit of a struggle rolling up the cover and then rolling it down over the pillow like you're putting on a giant prophylactic, because my pillow is filled with memory foam and is very fat and heavy - but I finally got it on, lol! 😮‍💨

Unfortunately, the body pillow I have is only 54" long, and a standard Daki pillow is 60", so it is 6" short for the covers. I did order a proper 60"x20" (150x50cm) pillow, also filled with memory foam, and just received it today. I haven't put a cover on it yet because it needs to sit and expand for 24-48 hours since it shipped tightly rolled and vacuum compressed.

asuna_a.jpg

asunabed_a.jpg

I posted uncensored images of the reverse side of the pillowcase in the [18+] Hentai Releases thread over in the blu-ray.com anime forum.

Also, I made a mistake in my original post, the second pillowcase I received is not Roxy from Mushoku Tensei, that one is arriving later next week. The one I actually received is Furina de Fontaine from Genshin Impact, and both sides of that one and the Roxy pillowcase are 18+ images.

Last edited:
Back