What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Last few Temu bits that have recently arrived that I'm happy with, the socks are cute and stay up on my decidedly plus sized legs, the nightie actually makes a great skirt if you put a top over it like a blouse or a sweater or something, and the tie has a tuck behind for the shorter end after you have knotted it and also came with a pair of cufflinks - at least, I'm assuming they are cufflinks, I've never worn cufflinks before so I wouldn't know for certain XP The books are cool but not finished reading any of then yet, it also bugs me a bit that the illustrator for Mythos isn't credited on the front cover, I get wanting it to look sparse/minimalist and if they're currently a relative unknown it might not actively help market the book, but it doesn't seem like the best... etiquette maybe? Feeling pretty chuffed to own the Bernie Wrightson Frankenstein and Scott Gustafson Peter Pan as my understanding is that both are quite rare these days! :) The Mina Lima Beauty and the Beast I purchased for the illustrated hardcover and full unabridged text, rather than particularly the interactive elements, which I may mostly leave untouched, but it will be interesting to read, and compare with the Disney 1991 animated and Jean Cocteau film adaptations :)

Attachments

• The Beauty and the Beast - Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot De Villeneuve:Mina Lima Unabridged Illustr...jpg
    The Beauty and the Beast - Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot De Villeneuve:Mina Lima Unabridged Illustr...jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Mythos - Stephen Fry:Jesús Sotés Unabridged Illustrated Hardcover.jpg
    Mythos - Stephen Fry:Jesús Sotés Unabridged Illustrated Hardcover.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Joan of Arc - Michael Morpurgo:Michael Foreman Illustrated Hardcover.jpg
    Joan of Arc - Michael Morpurgo:Michael Foreman Illustrated Hardcover.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 1
  • The Secret Histories of Giants Illustrated Hardcover.jpg
    The Secret Histories of Giants Illustrated Hardcover.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 0
  • Frankenstein - Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley:Bernie Wrightson Unabridged Illustrated Hardcover.jpg
    Frankenstein - Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley:Bernie Wrightson Unabridged Illustrated Hardcover.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Peter Pan - J.M. Barrie:Scott Gustafson Unabridged Illustrated Hardcover.jpg
    Peter Pan - J.M. Barrie:Scott Gustafson Unabridged Illustrated Hardcover.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Temu Clothing 20.jpg
    Temu Clothing 20.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Temu Accessories 5.jpg
    Temu Accessories 5.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Temu Accessories 4.jpg
    Temu Accessories 4.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1
You're really keeping that company in business, aren't you? Ah-hah, so your the reason I got ads popping up on my phone all the time for them, lol... ;)

I'm really cutting back now on how much I buy from them, for various reasons, but I see the funny side of your comment XP The books were not bought from Temu, in case that wasn't clear haha XD

Found this for cheap on ebay and is basically in brand new condition. Not sure if it's any good or not but it's a Studio Bones series that has always intrigued me.

There is also no blu-ray as far as I can tell which is why I opted for the DVD.

JYU-OH-SEI: Planet of the Beast King (DVD)

View attachment 34816

Oh! I have a copy of that anime in my collection, almost forgot about that one - unfortunately it's one of the gazillion series I haven't had a chance to watch yet, so I can't say how good it is.

I received one more partial shipment from Crunchyroll US today:

Vinland Saga Season 2 Part 1

vinlands2p1.jpg

The dress was terribly scratchy and I'd strongly advise against buying dresses from Shein that have mesh unless maybe if it has lots of reviews saying it's very soft and comfortable, but the skirt and shorts are cute, comfortable and fit me well. I placed this order a while ago, before posting the other things that arrived, I have no plans to become a Shein addict and I am unlikely to install the app for that reason (and I really am trying to wean myself off so much fast fashion, doesn't help that my sewing machine is at the servicers rn as I find making my own clothes, as well as meaning I have more cute things to wear, keeps me connected to the effort involved in making clothes for the people working in factories and stuff), but I don't regret this order overall, I will be complaining to Shein about the dress though, in the hopes of getting a refund without the faff of a return as I really don't think it's ok to use fabric like that for making clothes. I did place one more Temu order but tbf it was mostly placed to get a quality pair of boots for winter this time, threw in a couple of other things but I don't feel out of control the way I did before - I actually tried placing a small order before that to get credit for discounts on the main order I wanted to place but when I realised I was gonna have to spend silly money to get the credit I was like "...yea I'll just cancel these and get what I was originally planning to get", it's to my mind a good thing cuz it made me reflect on how shopping apps are with stuff like that, and will hopefully be kind of "the last straw" for me, as I feel a bit irritated with the whole thing now, but that will help me avoid it so it's good. Life's weird like that I have found XP Thanks for coming to my TED talk :p

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 21-10-58 ROMWE Kawaii Plus Bow Front Lace Trim Ruffle Hem Shorts SHEI...png
    Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 21-10-58 ROMWE Kawaii Plus Bow Front Lace Trim Ruffle Hem Shorts SHEI...png
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 21-10-30 ROMWE Kawaii Plus Size Summer Sweet Multilayer Ruffle Contra...png
    Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 21-10-30 ROMWE Kawaii Plus Size Summer Sweet Multilayer Ruffle Contra...png
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 21-09-58 ROMWE Kawaii Plus Size Ladies' Cartoon Unicorn Printed Asymm...png
    Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 21-09-58 ROMWE Kawaii Plus Size Ladies' Cartoon Unicorn Printed Asymm...png
    2 MB · Views: 1
  • Rubbish SHEIN Dress Holiday Pastoral Romantic Multi-Color Three-Dimensional Butterfly Fabric P...png
    Rubbish SHEIN Dress Holiday Pastoral Romantic Multi-Color Three-Dimensional Butterfly Fabric P...png
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
IMG_9590.jpeg
Two webstore exclusives from 88Films.
IMG_9592.jpeg
Two Cine Edition Jackie Chan releases from HMV. Got them both with 40% off.
IMG_9594.jpeg
A selection of titles from AllYourMusic via their eBay store and their discount code. Annoyed that BHC II & III came without slips but a good haul otherwise.

Back