What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

2024 HAUL - JULY CHAPTER: BATCH #2

I've had a long streak of work for the past eight days (yes I am an overworked individual) so now I had the time to see the latest packages. One arrived on Monday, another arrived yesterday and the final one today.

The Holy Virgin vs The Evil Dead - 05.jpg

It's surreal to see an English version of the classic Type-Moon visual novel, though it's just one half. Tsukihime -A Piece of Blue Glass Moon- was localised by Aniplex of America and just like the anime, they went for the limited edition only model like Witch on the Holy Night (though this game was given an import friendly release in Japan & Asia). Since Tsukihime already received a release in Japan months ago, I had to go for the North American release from Aniplex of America.

I went with Video Games Plus because I'm happy with their handling of the UK market. £76 to get the limited edition over here (free shipping & VAT covered). There is a European physical version but it's handled by a Taiwanese distributor and not only is it way more expensive to get, it's not even released in Europe. Thank goodness for Switch being region free. Not opened the artbook due to spoilers.

Babylon - 08.jpg
Radiance Films Collection 2024 4.jpg

Been a while since I picked up a World Cinema Radiance title and one that's been on my radar recently released in the June line-up. This is the limited edition Blu-ray box set for The Agitator: Three Provocations from the Wild World of Jean-Pierre Mocky, featuring three films from the French director - 1982's Litan: The City of Green Ghosts (Litan: La cité des spectres verts), 1984's Kill the Referee (À mort l'arbitre) and 1987's Agent Trouble.

PS5 Haul 3.1.jpg
Message from Space - 05.jpg

This month's latest Eureka Entertainment titles arrived today which I didn't expect. The first is Jeong Chang-hwa's 1976 Hong Kong film The Double Crossers (鬼計雙雄) which is part of the Eureka Classics range and comes with a slipcase and booklet. The other is Kinji Fukasaku's 1978 Japanese film Message from Space (宇宙からのメッセージ) as part of the Masters of Cinema line-up, comes with a slipcase, booklet and poster. I ordered both from their July early bird offer when they revealed both titles.

THIS is what I received today (well, went and picked up). Not the book (or little picture). I just wish I had some room for all my new Betty's. That heart-shaped picture frame alone weighed over 2kg.
450631383_4583462218544857_8351586751620126411_n.jpg

THIS is what I received today (well, went and picked up). Not the book (or little picture). I just wish I had some room for all my new Betty's. That heart-shaped picture frame alone weighed over 2kg.
View attachment 35002

I saw this in an antiques place in Kibworth the other month, a lifesize Betty, sorry didn't see how much it was cos the dent in the middle of her head kinda freaked me out too much!

1208.jpg

So, what will hopefully be my final dalliance with Temu for a while has now arrived, all of the items look great and fit really well and comfortably (24 is a 2-piece outfit set btw for anyone who was unclear on that from the picture), I've been wearing the magic bus rainbow t-shirt with the daisy colour block overalls and the socks and shoes today :) I'm not entirely sure how to wean myself off overly frequent clothes shopping retail therapy, but I'll keep trying, that said I'm super happy with what I got this time (I was prepared to return anything that didn't fit or was poor quality, but that won't be needed on this occasion). I have started up my weekly goals again and I'm dating a rly lovely guy now so hopefully having other reasons to be cheerful will help me feel less of a need to shop for distractions... and the overalls help me to channel my inner 5 year old 🤣 🥰 😅

Attachments

• Temu Clothing 25.jpg
    Temu Clothing 25.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Temu Clothing 24.jpg
    Temu Clothing 24.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Temu Clothing 23.jpg
    Temu Clothing 23.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Temu Accessories 6.jpg
    Temu Accessories 6.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Temu Clothing 22.jpg
    Temu Clothing 22.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Temu Clothing 21.jpg
    Temu Clothing 21.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Temu Shoes 2.jpg
    Temu Shoes 2.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1
2024 HAUL - JULY CHAPTER: BATCH #3

Since I had today off work, I went to town today to watch the new film Longlegs. Meanwhile I also picked up a few things.

The Holy Virgin vs The Evil Dead - 05.jpg
4K Ultra HD Haul 2.2.jpg
4K Ultra HD Collection 2024 - 1.jpg
4K Ultra HD Collection 2024 - 2.jpg

There were a lot of interesting films that I missed out on in the cinema last year and two of them were Michael Mann's Ferrari and Dev Patel's Monkey Man. They were recently released on 4K Ultra HD in the UK. It is interesting to see these are using US slim-cases and have on-disc extras on the 4K disc itself rather than being a combo pack or lock them to the Blu-ray only.

Babylon - 08.jpg

While I decided not to get any games in CeX or any other store around that had any, I decided to visit the local Travelling Man store and picked up JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind Volumes 8 & 9 as well as JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean Volume 1. They didn't have Golden Wind Volume 6 in stock so I'll have to order it online to complete that part of the series.

So I just received two more 18+ Dakimakura pillow covers from Amazon US yesterday - Roxy Migurdia from Mushoku Tensei, and Tohka Yatogami from Date A Live. I also received an extremely spicy 60x80" hentai throw blanket of four anime girls. I have posted some links to images in the 18+ Hentai thread over in the blu-ray.com anime forum. I just don't want to risk putting any links to uncensored material in any posts here, even if it is just animation images. 🫣

Some of my makeup arrived and I've already painted my face rly nicely, excited for the rest of what I ordered to arrive soon too! :)

Attachments

• Makeup Arrivals Wednesday 17:07:2024 Glitter Face & Body Gel Set of 9 Colours+Applicator, Barr...jpg
    Makeup Arrivals Wednesday 17:07:2024 Glitter Face & Body Gel Set of 9 Colours+Applicator, Barr...jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 2
I received one Limited Edition set from Crunchyroll today, another partial shipment from my 6-title Pre-order. I also received two non-anime titles from the Amazon US Sale:

BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, So I'll Max Out My Defense Season 2 Limited Edition

bofuri2front.jpg

bofuri2back.jpg

Season 1 & 2 LE sets together:

bofuri2spine.jpg

bofuri2side.jpg

Non-Anime from Amazon US:

Legend of Korra Limited Edition Steelbook Collection

korrasteels.jpg

korrasteelsside.jpg

Dune 3D

dune3d.jpg

A couple of other makeup things arrived in addition to the ones in the photo taken by myself, the lipstick was absolutely rubbish barely sparkles at all when you put it on, the rose pink cosmetic paint is probably great but as it takes a while to dry compared to other cosmetic paints and is apparently difficult to remove with water (it says you need to use oil makeup remover, perhaps warm water and soap would do the trick but IDK), I will probably just give it to charity unopened, the other items I have not really tested yet either tbf, but they do look good and I look forward to experimenting with them! I did put a bit of two or three colours of the paints from each palette on one finger just to see what they're like and the colour case ones are def very richly pigmented, time will tell on the Athena set but it seemed decent from my initial test impressions :)

Attachments

• Makeup Arrivals Friday 19:07:2024 Cosmetic Paint Palette Face Paint Palette Barry M Yellow Pig...jpg
    Makeup Arrivals Friday 19:07:2024 Cosmetic Paint Palette Face Paint Palette Barry M Yellow Pig...jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Magical Makeup Unicorn Kiss Lipstick.jpg
    Magical Makeup Unicorn Kiss Lipstick.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 0
  • Glisten Cosmetics Spectra Paint Rose Pink.png
    Glisten Cosmetics Spectra Paint Rose Pink.png
    401.5 KB · Views: 0
Back