What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Was away for one week in Poland, these were waiting for me when I got back. I was looking at Ranma 1/2 (standards) from Amazon, but I randomly searched for Set 3 on Google, as Amazon wouldn’t ship to Denmark, and stumbled across a listing for all eight Limited Editions here in Denmark. Total price for all eight were around £280, which is crazy cheap compared to eBay prices. However, seller failed to mention they were a smoker 🙃 So all of them reek… Does anyone have any tips to get rid of the smell? - I’ve wiped all of them down, not the cases or booklets (yet), then placed them in a sealed bag with scented candles. If that doesn’t get rid of it, then I‘ll wipe them (carefully) with rubbing alcohol.

IMG_0914.jpeg

IMG_0913.jpeg

Was away for one week in Poland, these were waiting for me when I got back. I was looking at Ranma 1/2 (standards) from Amazon, but I randomly searched for Set 3 on Google, as Amazon wouldn’t ship to Denmark, and stumbled across a listing for all eight Limited Editions here in Denmark. Total price for all eight were around £280, which is crazy cheap compared to eBay prices. However, seller failed to mention they were a smoker 🙃 So all of them reek… Does anyone have any tips to get rid of the smell? - I’ve wiped all of them down, not the cases or booklets (yet), then placed them in a sealed bag with scented candles. If that doesn’t get rid of it, then I‘ll wipe them (carefully) with rubbing alcohol.

View attachment 35137

View attachment 35138
I haven't tried this myself, but from what I hear newspaper makes for great smell absorption. They suggest wrapping the items in newspaper and place them in an airtight container for days.

2024 HAUL - JULY CHAPTER: BATCH #4

A few more items arrived on Wednesday & Thursday.

The Holy Virgin vs The Evil Dead - 05.jpg
4K Ultra HD Haul 2.2.jpg
4K Ultra HD Collection 2024 - 1.jpg
4K Ultra HD Collection 2024 - 2.jpg
Third Window Films collection 2024 - july update.jpg

The second wave of Director's Company titles released in the UK by Third Window Films I've finally ordered as the sixth title was released this month. The films included here are Shinji Sōmai's 1987 Luminous Woman (光る女), Sōgo Ishii's 1984 The Crazy Family (逆噴射家族) and Shinji Sōmai's 1985 Love Hotel (ラブホテル).

Third Window Films have more incoming that have been either hinted or leaked by the BBFC, and so far those are Kiyoshi Kurosawa's Bumpkin Soup as well as Toshiaru Ikeda's Mermaid Legend and Scent of a Spell.

I presume they are able to license at least up to about 12-15 titles by the end of it, but it's great to see more older films from this time period be released and restored for UK home video. 88 Films will likely take some for their Japanarchy label which I'm also looking forward to owning.

Babylon - 08.jpg

Next I decided to make an eBay order for two more Nintendo Switch titles. First we have Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore, the remaster of the Wii U cult classic that combines Fire Emblem with Shin Megami Tensei (though using a Persona style aesthetic). A controversial game given the western release was toned down in some aspects but the gameplay as a whole was apparently pretty solid so why not.

Then we have Triangle Strategy by Square Enix and the team behind Octopath Traveler. This game is a homage to the classic tactical RPG games from the publisher and the physical releases are still around but seem to be using the European/Italian artwork so I decided to take the pre-owned route to secure a UK based copy.

IMG_9653.jpeg
IMG_9656.jpeg
The latest batch of titles from Radiance Films arrived this weekend, alongside a copy of the 101Films release for eXistenZ, which I got for £13 via eBay. I’ll try and get the VS 4K eventually but this will do for now.

I received the other half of my Aniplex pre-order from Crunchyroll today:

My Love Story with Yamada-kun at Lv999

My copy of the Oshi no Ko steelbook just shipped today from Sentai as well.

yamadakun.jpg

Back