What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

st_owly said:
@Stiivun - Does much anime get released in Belgium?
Not much actually. Kazé brings out some in Belgium and Netherlands with Dutch subtitles, like the One Piece Movies. Local distributor Filmfreak from the Netherlands has released some DVD's from ADV like Gilgamesh and Angelic Layer and also some Blu-rays for more popular titles like the Escaflowne movie, Trigun: Badlands Rumble, FMA, Appleseed and Afro Samurai. But as far as i know Filmfreak no longer releases any anime titles anymore.

And in Belgium there's no anime distributor whatsoever, and i guess there never was one, but about that last thing i could be mistaken.

Glad my English is good enough to follow anime with English subs ... at least i hope so :)

2hmh2d0.jpg

Aqua Pazza: Aquaplus Dream Team - The fighting game that includes characters from various eroge visual novels has arrived.

CDH0L5aW4AAVhUd.jpg:large

For once Amazon US sends me the set in better condition than my chipboard ones.

More photos on my Imgur album. Blog post.

More items should arrive this week - one Japanese import and one US import. And perhaps a Japanese game, depending on how long it will take to arrive.

Latest Qwertee acquisitions + Big Hero 6.

hHzQvCMl.jpg

Big Hero 6 is the Italian 3D Blu-ray. Works out cheaper than both the US release and the upcoming UK release, and it's completely English friendly.

Over the last week I have got....

Paranoia Agent - Been meaning to watch this for ages so decided to buy but wanted to see if I could find this box version before I settled for the big plastic case one, was pretty happy to find it in decent enough condition for £15.

ZMP4NIsl.jpg
mJCwjmIl.jpg

Rurouni Kenshin Kyoto Inferno - Was going to pick this up when it came out but Base ran out of stock when I went to order, looking forward to watching as I loved the first movie, also this steelbook is infinitely nicer than the first movies was.

s97P3Q0l.jpg

Ghost In the Shell - Was only a tenner, I liked the look of the steelbook and god knows I haven't bought this movie enough times already...

rUjQBqUl.jpg

Game of Thrones series 1, 2 and 3 - Decided it was about time I started grabbing these (will get 4 when it's a bit cheaper), wish all releases were as nice as these tbh.

dh6FQ44l.jpg

Star Wars The Complete Saga - With all the hype coming from the new trailer, I kinda got sick of people looking at me like I had just pulled a severed head out a bag when I said I've never seen any of the Star Wars movies, so time to see wtf the fuss is about I guess.

bjvYwCkl.jpg

Also got Mortal Kombat X and GTA V for the PS4.

Got my Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Tin today, the new crowning jewel of my Anime collection. Been wanting one for so long, it's great to finally get one.
17234252481_1fcfbb430f_b.jpg

17048624919_d71bb5c9ca_b.jpg

The only thing is it's a bit awkward on the shelf
17048646249_eb3faf1f79_b.jpg

So I mentioned that I recently ordered a Japanese Blu-ray Disc Box set from Amazon Japan a week ago. Tis a shame the sequel hasn't even dispatched yet from United Publications yet.

CDNALO-WIAAKz2p.jpg:large

So yeah I now officially own the Garden of Sinners series. This version is the standard edition Blu-ray Disc Box released in 2013 (2 years after the Limited Edition was released) and for those who are wondering (and as Mangaranga has pointed out a long time ago), the discs are pretty much exactly the same as what was used in the original release (Epilogue had a re-author according to MR) and that means it does include English subtitles. The only features that are not included in the standard edition are the OSTs, Artbooks (any physical content) and Kara no Kyoukai Remix: Gate of Seventh Heaven. Think the English Limited Edition but on Blu-ray (instead of a normal booklet each case has a small mini booklet with technical specs and promotional cover art used for the standard and limited DVD releases).

aLKgTrHh.jpg

GRfd93Ch.jpg

You can view the entire set on Imgur (apologises for any bad lighting and camera angles).
UPDATE: Blog post finally up.

In addition to this set I also picked up the first volume of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1: Phantom Blood which I have been searching in stores for a while since it keeps selling out. I found one in Waterstones so I went with it. Waterstones were also selling VIZBIGs at £12-13 on InuYasha and Vagabond but I wanted to see the prices online before then. And last but not least I bought The Inbetweeners 2 and The Raid 2 on Blu-ray from HMV.

20150422_163439.jpg

Man, I think about buying that set at least once a week but somewhere in my mind there's a sensible person telling me to stop being stupid and that £200 for a bloody cartoon is too much....I need to shut him up somehow.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Got my Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum Tin today, the new crowning jewel of my Anime collection. Been wanting one for so long, it's great to finally get one.
17234252481_1fcfbb430f_b.jpg

17048624919_d71bb5c9ca_b.jpg

The only thing is it's a bit awkward on the shelf
17048646249_eb3faf1f79_b.jpg
I got one too welcome to the club

Akito the Exiled vol 1 Limited Edition bu ray (Japanese release)

L8fNsu5h.jpg

Both sides of the slip cover
y5WuFOjh.jpg

SOZQmhFh.jpg

Slip cover & blu ray case
yvUBtxRh.jpg

The Booklet
tHFw8dth.jpg

7FF9u0wh.jpg

5m9jS64h.jpg

0fxjpfoh.jpg

Comes with loads of lovely artcards
WKg6BJRh.jpg

2ezOV4Bh.jpg

aRFoQFHh.jpg

All the goodies together
65LEOyfh.jpg

\/ \/

CD cake style / aka. the 'spinner' of death, ha.

I think some of the early 3-disc Naruto volumes from Manga came with a central spinner like that. I remember it being really annoying because you obviously have to take all the discs out to get to the one at the bottom. I'm sure there's more risk of them being scratched that way too.

Back