What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

" Zavvi did the stupidest thing and sent out an order consisting of 11 BDs each in their own envelope. The postwoman was probably wondering what the hell I was doing." Haha!! Wow, that made me laugh so much for some reason :p

Anyway, Good haul Mangaranga!, No Little Mermaid though disappointed unless you already own it in that case :)

Baggie_Saiyan said:
" Zavvi did the stupidest thing and sent out an order consisting of 11 BDs each in their own envelope. The postwoman was probably wondering what the hell I was doing." Haha!! Wow, that made me laugh so much for some reason :p

Anyway, Good haul Mangaranga!, No Little Mermaid though disappointed unless you already own it in that case :)
I already had The Little Mermaid as well as Aladdin, Tarzan, Wreck it Ralph, Frozen and Big Hero 6. Outside of the newer films I'm generally drifting towards watching the films which have appeared as worlds in Kingdom Hearts games first.

Magi: The Kingdom of Magic part 1

l95MTixl.jpg

Ccv7DVwl.jpg

jMUU5RDl.jpg

2Mx04ZMl.jpg

dnzt4NCl.jpg

EaSlrrGl.jpg

uxr6u5hl.jpg

EuSFlYul.jpg

U73xt0Tl.jpg

W8NM2YHl.jpg

Mangaranga said:
Got these in today. Zavvi did the stupidest thing and sent out an order consisting of 11 BDs each in their own envelope. The postwoman was probably wondering what the hell I was doing.
If you don't mind me asking, is Rurouni Kenshin a steelbook? And if so, is the art on it a mirror of the slipcase? (If it is actually a slipcase). The first steelbook was pretty lackluster so just curious, even though I'll buy it regardless.

*edit - wait, is that actually just a bare steelbook with a little card thing that hooks over the top with the blue bar and such...my eyes are shot and I can't tell lol....

Buzzkillington said:
If you don't mind me asking, is Rurouni Kenshin a steelbook? And if so, is the art on it a mirror of the slipcase? (If it is actually a slipcase). The first steelbook was pretty lackluster so just curious, even though I'll buy it regardless.

*edit - wait, is that actually just a bare steelbook with a little card thing that hooks over the top with the blue bar and such...my eyes are shot and I can't tell lol....

It's a steelbook and the blue part at the top can be taken off. It's like that with many Warner Bros steelbook sets.

I noticed from Yurusarezru Mono onwards Warner Bros have provided better steelbook designs for the Japanese films in comparison to what the first Kenshin film got (I was expecting a white background instead it was plain/bleh).

Both Black Butler and Yurusarezaru Mono had (in my opinion) really good designs on the front, back and the inside. My only complaint with Kenshin 2 and 3 is the chosen font used in the promotional posters, I preferred the original one.

NormanicGrav said:
It's a steelbook and the blue part at the top can be taken off. It's like that with many Warner Bros steelbook sets.

I noticed from Yurusarezru Mono onwards Warner Bros have provided better steelbook designs for the Japanese films in comparison to what the first Kenshin film got (I was expecting a white background instead it was plain/bleh).

Both Black Butler and Yurusarezaru Mono had (in my opinion) really good designs on the front, back and the inside. My only complaint with Kenshin 2 and 3 is the chosen font used in the promotional posters, I preferred the original one.
Yeah I thought the first one was a white background too, and I agree with the Yurusarezaru Mono comment too, the inside is really nice.

Anyway thanks, gonna see who's selling it cheapest and order just now, didn't actually realize it was so close to release tbh.

Stiivun said:
GroteFoto-7KIPBICQ.jpg

Part 1 of Rose of Versailles. There's a bit of a story here. First ordered it through amazon.com but i received the regular version instead of the artbox. After contacting amazon they saw the error and refunded me completely and there was no need to send the DVD back, talk about excellent support. Then i've ordered it directly at the source, through Rightstuf, as this artbox set seems to go OOP sooner rather than later.

And now it's waiting for the courier to receive another package from UP1 with some Aniplex and NISA releases. So stay tuned :-D

I really need to get those Rose of Versailles boxes. They look so good, and I've heard the series is great too. Looking forward to see what your next purchases are. :p

Lutga said:
Nice one on Basilisk - feel like that's a show that doesn't get enough love these days anymore.

Yeah. I'd heard good things about it and it showed up on Amazon for £22, so I thought I'd give it a go. :p

Jatz said:
I really need to get those Rose of Versailles boxes. They look so good, and I've heard the series is great too. Looking forward to see what your next purchases are. :p
Wouldn't wait too long if you really want those. Part 1 is out of stock on amazon.com and not on stock at UP1 either, that's why in the end i ordered it over at Rightstuf.

But hey maybe we can exchange my regular part 1 of that with the artbox version of your Aria season 1 :mrgreen:

Jatz said:
Looking forward to see what your next purchases are. :p
Funny you say that, as the courier just delivered my package. Was a real surprise as i had to change the delivery address and the tracking page stated that no new delivery was scheduled yet which i figured as much as i've only was able to make the change yesterday evening. So was only expecting to see this arrive on Tuesday due to Easter. The mysterious ways of couriers, i rather avoid using them, but oh well in the end the box is here.

Photos will follow tomorrow.

Mangaranga said:
Got these in today. Zavvi did the stupidest thing and sent out an order consisting of 11 BDs each in their own envelope. The postwoman was probably wondering what the hell I was doing.
Zavvi always seems to do this since i think about a year or so. It's kinda silly.

Lucky to hear i'm not the only one at who the postwoman looks in a strange way, in my case don't know if it's me or the amount of packages i receive :mrgreen:

Stiivun said:
Photos will follow tomorrow.

To quote myself, why wait until tomorrow what you can do today.

So some NISA releases;

GroteFoto-DWZZE74J.jpg

GroteFoto-PMJPSTFK.jpg

And working to completing my Monogatari Aniplex releases.

GroteFoto-F6NZRX4I.jpg

Now i'm off to go chase the Easter bunny :mrgreen:

Kino's Journey Artbox! Very Niceu. Never managed to find one, so I had to settle for the regular version. :(

Stiivun said:
Wouldn't wait too long if you really want those. Part 1 is out of stock on amazon.com and not on stock at UP1 either, that's why in the end i ordered it over at Rightstuf.

But hey maybe we can exchange my regular part 1 of that with the artbox version of your Aria season 1 :mrgreen:
I actually ordered both from UP1 after replying to you. :oops: I'll see if they manage to get stock, because they usually take two weeks, which is fine by me.

lol. Nice try. :wink:

@Umineko and Monogatari. Niceu Niceu Very Niceu. I've always liked the looks of the Aniplex boxsets, but those prices are too much for me to go for.

Hey Jatz can't blame a guy for trying :D

For Monogatari i'm willing to make an exception and go for the Aniplex set. But for Blue Exorcist for example, i'm not willing to do that, that would set me back about 190£ for both parts, and since the Manga releases for these are disk wise the same as the Aniplex ones, i'll go for these.

A few weeks ago my Highschool of the Dead order from DeepDiscount arrived and yesterday I was finally able to put my hands on it :)
It is a nice re-release, BD+DVD, with some nice extras. For the discount price of DD and RS it was a good purchase but not worth the full price imo.

Jatz said:
Got these in the last two days.

9057fb0478b345eab72f2128617b07c5.png

Where did you manage to find some of the older MVM limited edition boxes from? I'd love to pick up some of the boxes from when I wasn't really following releases, rather than having the standard editions.

Tind said:
A few weeks ago my Highschool of the Dead order from DeepDiscount arrived and yesterday I was finally able to put my hands on it :)
It is a nice re-release, BD+DVD, with some nice extras. For the discount price of DD and RS it was a good purchase but not worth the full price imo.

Where the hell did you get that.

animefreak17 said:
Where the hell did you get that.

He got it from DeepDiscount, an online US retailer.

It's also available on Rightstuf and United Publications. I'm still meaning to pick one up since I really enjoyed the series.

antonusklesk said:
Jatz said:
Got these in the last two days.

9057fb0478b345eab72f2128617b07c5.png

Where did you manage to find some of the older MVM limited edition boxes from? I'd love to pick up some of the boxes from when I wasn't really following releases, rather than having the standard editions.

I actually just find them on ebay.

Back