What did you BUY today?

Another Raven!?!.........I must be getting obsessed now.......and Tara Strong has seen my collection! (for the record she thought it was cute, but I'm thinking I'm going overboard now)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200423-124235_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200423-124235_Samsung Internet.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 7
Found a copy of AL's Durarara collectors edition on ebay, brand new + still sealed for £35. I snapped it up to upgrade my standard edition. I did not expect this to become one of my favorite shows when I got it in a Mystery box hah and the CE has been difficult to find.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Found a copy of AL's Durarara collectors edition on ebay, brand new + still sealed for £35. I snapped it up to upgrade my standard edition. I did not expect this to become one of my favorite shows when I got it in a Mystery box hah and the CE has been difficult to find.
As long as you don't sell the standard edition, you're good.
That's a good point. There was something up with the discs and AL had to send replacements discs out. We got to keep the originals that time though so have both.

As long as you don't sell the standard edition, you're good.
That's a good point. There was something up with the discs and AL had to send replacements discs out. We got to keep the originals that time though so have both.

I have read about that during my search and intend to do just that (or maybe swap the discs). On that topic I'm surprised they didn't fix the Durarara X2 discs considering the known issues with the sound.

Last edited:
My 20 year old Gevalia coffee maker finally gave up the ghost, so I had to order a replacement... Sorry, but this is actually something even more important than buying anime, lol.

cuisinart-14-cup-perfectemp-programmable-coffee-maker-black.jpg

Last edited:
Grav's venture into Asian Cinema continues again!

aEcbBPvm.png

Akira Kurosawa Samurai Collection
Regular (but probably limited) Blu-ray​

HMV held a BFI sale recently, presumably in celebration of BFI's Japan season coming up and also the recent Veterans Day bank holiday weekend, and they had a bunch of titles on offer. Now I was considering getting more Ozu titles but I figured they will get re-released with the 4K restorations later so I decided to focus on the Akira Kurosawa Samurai Collection that was available for £24.99. The collection includes Seven Samurai, Throne of Blood, The Hidden Fortress, Yojimbo and Sanjuro. Both BFI and Criterion have ups and downs on their releases for these films so I figured I'll stick to the UK one in the meantime, plus once it arrives I can finally watch Seven Samurai for the first time.

Heart of Dragon from 88Films.
It just came back in stock and I expect they’ll be on their second pressings soon sans booklet and slipcover so wanted a copy sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
I decided to raid the humble store as there's a spring sale going on (which was added on to my discount for being a humble choice subscriber) and nabbed the following 4 games (plus added content for all of them)

Azur Lane: Crosswave Complete Deluxe Edition
Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force Complete Deluxe Set
Super Neptunia RPG - Complete Deluxe Set Bundle
CyberDimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online Deluxe Bundle (which surprisingly, cost less then the game on its own)

Oops I did it again! Another Sega Prize figurine to add to my Girls with Swords collection and another SAO character, Asuna from - looks up version on myfigurecollection... Took a while - Ordinal Scale.

Breaking the bank with an OS Explorer Map for the Salisbury and Stonehenge area. Mainly for the digital code so I can download the map data onto my phone/tablet before heading for walks/rides in that area.

Breaking the bank with an OS Explorer Map for the Salisbury and Stonehenge area. Mainly for the digital code so I can download the map data onto my phone/tablet before heading for walks/rides in that area.
I've got 4 (5 if you include Hadrians Wall, but I got that on holiday and is 300 miles away, so a bit useless unless I go back). I've got Meon Valley, Winchester, Test Valley and the New Forest, so the 2 immediately to the South and East of yours.
I don't know when the last time you used the OS app (if you have at all), but they changed the settings so you can only see about 1sq mile of the downloaded map max, if you zoom out any further you get a much less detailed road map style map, which makes it a bit useless. I only use the app to plot routes (to check distances) and that's fiddly enough and then I take the physical one with me when walking.

I've noticed that with the app as well, slightly annoying when I plan a rough route (mainly at a guess of the distance)and can't zoom out to view the whole route. (Currently have the Test Valley one downloaded, useful as a guide to location of some of the footpaths when they might be hidden from view due to various reasons.

Although I must stop looking at the app as every time I do I come up with new ideas for future walks

Although I must stop looking at the app as every time I do I come up with new ideas for future walks
Yeah I do that every so often. I have the week off and I'm thinking of one to do. Something nice and remote now we're allowed to drive somewhere to exercise!
One I've had planned for a while is Danebury to Woolbury and back which is something I'm sure our Iron Age ancestors did once upon a time, but the routes I've plotted are a little too long for me just now, so need to think of something a little shorter.

Yeah I do that every so often. I have the week off and I'm thinking of one to do. Something nice and remote now we're allowed to drive somewhere to exercise!
One I've had planned for a while is Danebury to Woolbury and back which is something I'm sure our Iron Age ancestors did once upon a time, but the routes I've plotted are a little too long for me just now, so need to think of something a little shorter.

I wonder if the carpark at Danebury will be reopened from tomorrow, as there are a couple circular(ish) routes I wouldn't mind doing, including part of one I did years ago at school.

I couldn't find anything online, closed or open. Looking at Google maps there is a gate, so I'm guessing it was shut over the last few weeks.

There is a gate before the bottom car parking area, so with the relaxation of the rules I would imagine HCC would unlock the gate to allow vehicle access but lock up the toilets. Even with the gate closed there should still be access for walkers for the right of way.

Good area to explore, lots of open space. (Brings back memories of when I did my GCSEs and had a 2-3 hour gap between exams at jumping on my moped to get some last minute peaceful relaxation before the afternoon exam)

Back