What did you BUY today?

I've bought The Wonderful 101 Remastered physical edition for the Switch. Veeery hyped to finally try that game out. It's my first kickstarter, too.

The only Wii U game I want that hasn't been ported yet is Xeno X, but that's just a matter of time.

an attempt to obtain a set of three OOP books in reasonably good condition.
As a partially happy ending to this rant, I have now obtained 2/3 from decent private eBay sellers who were willing to provide me with pictures illustrating the full condition of their books. But I did also receive another hardback from ThriftBooks (which I ordered at the same time as the paperbacks, not realising how poor their condition would be) once again allegedly in "like new" condition. "Like new" this time meant that both the dust-jacket and the actual hard cover of the book had faded so much the top of the orange cover had turned white. I paid £10 for it believing it to be in "like new" condition and it still had a discount sticker on with a price of $3 (a discount sticker that, once removed, revealed the full extent of the fading to the dust jacket). Once again they just immediately refunded my money no questions asked.

So my tip for the day is, don't use ThriftBooks, they're goddamn liars. Unless you don't mind poor condition books, in which case you can get them for free if you ask for a refund. Perhaps if enough people do that, they'll stop lying about the condition and value of their books.

when i started to buy online i learnt very quickly to avoid books, they'd always come yellowed up or smell really moldy despite the condition guides saying they were perfectly fine
Perhaps if I lived somewhere with a lot of choice in second hand bookshops or very large second hand bookshops like they seem to have in some US cities (also second hand bookshops that actually stock books I'm interested in like SF & Fantasy titles, unlike all the charity shops around here full of Jeffrey Archer and Jackie Collins) I'd have a choice, and I'd absolutely love to be able to go and browse and see the books in the flesh like that, but it's hard enough to find some of the books I look for online let alone in the real world.

Last edited:
It is slightly annoying but you can get adapters for under a tenner. When you consider what the phones themselves and decent headphones cost, that’s not really a whole lot of extra outlay to keep using your preferred choice of headphones.
Adapters arn't really an issue (other than adding a bit of extra bulk)

But when you have long train journeys then adapters mean you can't charge your phone

and wireless headphones mean you'll likely run out of battery for the headphones before reaching your destination. I also worry they either;

1) wont connect when I unlock my phone and end up having my weeb music play full blast when I hit play
2) wont disconnect when I get an incoming call so the call would be going through the headphones rather than my phone

i have to say my purchase is a little embarrasing but its helpful its about sex
three days ago when i hesititated whether to buy or not my friends see what i am browsing and hit me on the back and shout buy it
out of suprising i click the button
and now i am looking forward to it
and believe it or not i will use it

I've been on a bit of a horror binge, and rembered I've never seen The Ring. I actually didn't know the 2002 film was a US adaption of these Japanese films. I saw on ebay the LE, and put an offer in, and it was accepted

So for £34 off ebay.

The Ring Collection Limited Edition Blu-ray

1583859132640.png

When the world began, when the shadows first lengthened got doom eternal from amazon expecting it on the weekend, would be a bit difficult to get it anywhere else as a physical release and some land of the lustrous bookmarks because well, keeping a page in like 3 different manga kinda puts me off, some melancholic paperweights look like they’d help

Back