What did you BUY today?

Luna

Pokémon Master
If they had Hyoukas I'd have bought them three times over. Either way, really needing or wanting any of those images badly wasn't all that much the main goal in this case anyway. (Though I'll admit, it played in, as I didn't go for all 30 either.)

Neil.T

Guild Member
I've been really enjoying various Mario games recently, so I just ordered the DVDS of Super Mario Bros Super Show, Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Mario World.

I used to have a lot of these on VHS (and I had a few of those random £2.99 DVD from years ago too), so it'll be nice to have the whole shebang to go with my Zelda set!
Oh my god! 😃
I had a couple of VHS tapes of the Super Mario World cartoon when I was a kid, too! I'm sure that comprised the whole series.

I had a tape of the Super Mario Bros Super Show as well. It was one from a range of children's VHS cassettes called "The Biggest Ever Video". Three hours long, it was, with a bunch of episodes on. It was just the cartoon segments, though, not the live-action bits. What about yours? 😀

I liked the Super Mario Bros 3 cartoon as well. I used to record that while watching it when it was on in the morning. I must've had the whole lot at one point. 😅

Aaron

Combat Butler
@Neil.T I had some of those "Biggest Ever" videos too! Also, a load of that series recorded from when it was on TV (I think it was on GMTV or TV:AM or something...?)

One of the episodes had Beat It by Michael Jackson in it - I'd never heard it before and I thought it was the coolest song ever! I think all the songs like that have been removed from the DVDs though. They don't have the live action bits either, but I'm not really too bothered.

I also had a couple of the World videos, which I vividly remember buying from Childrens World. I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday, but I can remember that.

I don't remember ever actually seeing the 3 cartoon, so that might end up being a new exciting experience for me!

Neil.T

Guild Member
Also, a load of that series recorded from when it was on TV (I think it was on GMTV or TV:AM or something...?)
God, yes! 😀

You know what? You've just reminded me of something. 😆
There was one episode of the Super Show where the programme accidentally cut back to a view of the studio and the sofa, but... the two presenters were nowhere to be seen! You mean they weren't sitting with a cup of tea, enjoying a bit of Mario?! Scandal! 😛

I don't remember ever actually seeing the 3 cartoon, so that might end up being a new exciting experience for me!
The memory I have of it is that it's the most faithful as an adaptation. It used a lot of the music, backgrounds and enemies from the game. Even that big green boot power-up Kuribo's Shoe made an appearance! (Though embarrassingly mispronounced as "Kuroobi" in the dialogue and accompanying song. 😅)

Bowser's seven kids all had weird names that differ from the games, too. Apparently the cartoon was already in production before their official names had been decided by Nintendo in Japan. 😯

D1tchd1gger

Time-Traveller
Out of interest I thought I'd look it up £175 return Super Off Peak! 13th - 21st (ie the whole week in Edinburgh). 7hrs 40mns.
Coach is £30, but 14 hours.
And flights are £83 @ 1:30hrs

Think I'd rather drive. But fuel would probably be the equivalent of flying.

Girls wIth Guns

Stand User
I was sitting at my computer desk last night watching a Youtuber's reaction video of Your Name on my PC, and all of a sudden a big chunk of the right arm of my office chair just broke off and fell to the floor, exposing the bolts holding the chair together. I figured it was time to get a new chair, lol...

So, I visited a local office supply store this morning and purchased this nice Big And Tall person's office chair with a 350 lb. capacity, which is a good thing because I actually weigh 350 lbs, lol... I also wanted a chair that has tilt-up arms so the chair can actually roll all the way into my desk's cubby-hole when I'm not using in it, and this chair was one of the few Big and Tall chairs that have this feature.. I also bought a new vinyl floor mat to go with it, since my old one is looking pretty worn. Now I'll be able to watch my anime reaction videos in total comfort!

Last edited:

Patient-X

Railgun
I was sitting at my computer desk last night watching a Youtuber's reaction video of Your Name on my PC, and all of a sudden a big chunk of the right arm of my office chair just broke off and fell to the floor, exposing the bolts holding the chair together. I figured it was time to get a new chair, lol...

So, I visited a local office supply store this morning and purchased this nice Big And Tall person's office chair with a 350 lb. capacity, which is a good thing because I actually weigh 350 lbs, lol... I also wanted a chair that has tilt-up arms so the chair can actually roll all the way into my desk's cubby-hole when I'm not using in it, and this chair was one of the few Big and Tall chairs that have this feature.. I also bought a new vinyl floor mat to go with it, since my old one is looking pretty worn. Now I'll be able to watch my anime reaction videos in total comfort!

No offence, but maybe cut down on the donuts 😅

Girls wIth Guns

Stand User
Lol, no, I very rarely eat much sweets at all -except maybe an occasional Toblerone bar... 😁

Cheese is my biggest weakness... Hard to escape that though, since I live in Dairy Farm country... 🤗