What did you BUY today?

DSC_1757.JPG
Yeeeee Haaaaaaaw. Now just to wait for the estimated hour and a half install time 😮

DSC_1758.JPG
Also picked this up. After staff discount and Nectar points it came to the total of £18, so RDR2 basically cost me £3!

I got my ticket to go and see Mirai next Friday.
Well, also the PS4 Castlevania release came out today and that's been pre-ordered for weeks so that's my weekend sorted.

I finally took the plunge and ordered the first Amory Wars book, The Second Stage Turbine Blade. For those who don't know, The Amory Wars is the name given to the story that Coheed and Cambria tell over their albums. Barring one, they all tell an ongoing story through the music, and they were also adapted into graphic novels. I've really been loving the music, so I'd really like to get story context for the lyrics. Quite looking forward to it, it's even in a nice hardback too!

Bought some more games!

DrGN2L8XgAEeKZd.jpg

While I was in town I realised that I pretty much got all of the games I could get in terms of sales so the rest of the haul will essentially have to be picked up online to be honest. So by doing that I browsed around and spotted someone selling Caladrius Blaze. This is a shoot em up game initially released on Xbox 360 then PlayStation 3 and then PC & PlayStation 4. The PlayStation 4 version was given a physical release with an English translation over in Asia and eventually in the west digitally (with a Limited Run Games release also). Unfortunately by the time I had enough funds for it, the game went out of print so I had to search for a pre-owned copy. I am happy to find a copy sooner than later at the very least.

DrGN3B9WsAAAhVo.jpg

Next we have Star Ocean: Til the End of Time. This is my first PS2 on PS4 purchase also. Basically (in case you didn't know) I only download PS1 and PS2 games if they are available on the North American or Japanese PlayStation Store due to the PAL vs NTSC format. The NTSC format I consider to be the better version of the two (which has been the case in general due to the PAL releases suffering from 50 Hz and technical issues for select games). Star Ocean 3 has been on my to-download list for ages but the price point was the sticking point since this is Square Enix's first Platinum Hits HD title (and given the poor treatment by Sony I expect this to be the only one in that line-up lol).

43797264470_df5dd84db5_b.jpg

And as a bonus mention, I have requested the PlayStation Classic for this Christmas. I know many were disappointed in the revealed line-up but personally I am pretty excited to check out each one. I only played Metal Gear Solid so there's 19 more games to check out, especially the infamous localisation version of Revelations: Persona. Not gonna lie I literally had a nightmare recently about Resident Evil PS1, that game scares me even though I never played it. Oh, I never played Final Fantasy VII before so that's going to be exciting too.

Bought some more games!

DrGN2L8XgAEeKZd.jpg

While I was in town I realised that I pretty much got all of the games I could get in terms of sales so the rest of the haul will essentially have to be picked up online to be honest. So by doing that I browsed around and spotted someone selling Caladrius Blaze. This is a shoot em up game initially released on Xbox 360 then PlayStation 3 and then PC & PlayStation 4. The PlayStation 4 version was given a physical release with an English translation over in Asia and eventually in the west digitally (with a Limited Run Games release also). Unfortunately by the time I had enough funds for it, the game went out of print so I had to search for a pre-owned copy. I am happy to find a copy sooner than later at the very least.

DrGN3B9WsAAAhVo.jpg

Next we have Star Ocean: Til the End of Time. This is my first PS2 on PS4 purchase also. Basically (in case you didn't know) I only download PS1 and PS2 games if they are available on the North American or Japanese PlayStation Store due to the PAL vs NTSC format. The NTSC format I consider to be the better version of the two (which has been the case in general due to the PAL releases suffering from 50 Hz and technical issues for select games). Star Ocean 3 has been on my to-download list for ages but the price point was the sticking point since this is Square Enix's first Platinum Hits HD title (and given the poor treatment by Sony I expect this to be the only one in that line-up lol).

43797264470_df5dd84db5_b.jpg

And as a bonus mention, I have requested the PlayStation Classic for this Christmas. I know many were disappointed in the revealed line-up but personally I am pretty excited to check out each one. I only played Metal Gear Solid so there's 19 more games to check out, especially the infamous localisation version of Revelations: Persona. Not gonna lie I literally had a nightmare recently about Resident Evil PS1, that game scares me even though I never played it. Oh, I never played Final Fantasy VII before so that's going to be exciting too.
The first resi evil on the original playstation is to this day the most **** your pants scary game I've played. Doesn't rely on blood and gore just good old fashioned making you jump😜 I still remember the spiders.......

Finally purchased the Doctor Who: The Underwater Menace DVD from eBay since they were offering an extra percentage of cashback. Now my Who DVD collection is finally complete (sans Shada re-release but I’ll wait until the eventual season 17 Blu Ray. There’s also the rumoured animated releases of Macra Terror and Wheel in Space but I’ll believe those when they’re officially confirmed.)

Batman The Animated Series on Blu Ray. Both the HMV at Oxford Circus and the Fopp in Covent Garden only had copies damaged by spider tags and were otherwise sold out so didn’t want to hold off.

Batman The Animated Series on Blu Ray. Both the HMV at Oxford Circus and the Fopp in Covent Garden only had copies damaged by spider tags and were otherwise sold out so didn’t want to hold off.
I wanted to wait for the price to go down a little bit but what's the remaster like?

I wanted to wait for the price to go down a little bit but what's the remaster like?
From what I’ve seen it looks a lot better. The old dvds looked pretty hazy from what I remember. There’s some comparison videos on YouTube that do a decent job showcasing the improvements.

Edit:
Here’s one

I don't really get the point of the PS1 classic. You could pick up a good used PS1 and have access to the full library of games much cheaper

I have a PS2 that can play PS1 games, but personally I would rather have 60Hz/NTSC versions over 50Hz/PAL and I don't see the point in hunting down physical games for those. Revelations: Persona is also super rare and to have that included in the Classic is interesting to see (it was also never released in Europe until the PSP remake).

I have a PS2 that can play PS1 games, but personally I would rather have 60Hz/NTSC versions over 50Hz/PAL and I don't see the point in hunting down physical games for those. Revelations: Persona is also super rare and to have that included in the Classic is interesting to see (it was also never released in Europe until the PSP remake).
Honestly Revelations: Persona is the only title that’d even drive me to get one of these. Wish they’d included the DualShock controllers and had more classics such as Silent Hill. Still should be interesting to see what sort of features it has (save states etc.)

Back