What did you BUY today?

I've been looking for a new monitor over the past few days and man I'm really struggling to decide what I want, like ultra wide? 4k? 1440p? 144hz? Some kind of combination of those? I don't really game all that much on PC now but I do sometimes play Overwatch and I don't have the hardware to run that at 4k and it doesn't support ultrawide, but the extra screen space on them would be very welcome, but then I could also use my current 1080p one as a 2nd screen for extra space... It's a really difficult choice tbh.

I also looked at Ultrawides, but there's barely a benefit over two monitors when a lot of games don't support the aspect ratio. You're just left with distracting black bars most of the time. As someone who consoles games on my monitor too, this was especially off putting.

I also looked at Ultrawides, but there's barely a benefit over two monitors when a lot of games don't support the aspect ratio. You're just left with distracting black bars most of the time. As someone who consoles games on my monitor too, this was especially off putting.

I have a ultrawide. Alot of games do support it, but competitive ones like LoL, DOTA, Overwatch don't because people equate it to cheating.

Yeah thinking on it I watch quite a bit of Twitch and Youtube so the black bars would be there, I'm just swayed as I played The Witcher 3 and Final Fantasy 14 on my mates 32inch 1440p curved ultrawide and was kinda blown away by it, but then I don't have the hardware to do that anyway... I think 27 inch 1440p IPS is my best option tbh.

I have a ultrawide. Alot of games do support it, but competitive ones like LoL, DOTA, Overwatch don't because people equate it to cheating.
Both LOL and DotA2 support ultrawide, which is actually mental because seeing more of the screen in those games is a far bigger advantage than it is in Overwatch.

DotA2 support ultrawide, which is actually mental because seeing more of the screen in those games is a far bigger advantage than it is in Overwatch.

If you play DOTA2 with ultrawide it makes the UI so big that you actually see less of the map.

It's been a couple years since I've played though. I just remember the devs stating they wouldn't support it since it was a hardware advantage.

If they've actually added support then great since it was pretty much unplayable unless you modded the client so the UI elements weren't drawn (the borders, not the skill icons/shop).

I personally haven't found many games that don't support my monitor.

If you play DOTA2 with ultrawide it makes the UI so big that you actually see less of the map.

It's been a couple years since I've played though. I just remember the devs stating they wouldn't support it since it was a hardware advantage.

If they've actually added support then great since it was pretty much unplayable unless you modded the client so the UI elements weren't drawn (the borders, not the skill icons/shop).

I personally haven't found many games that don't support my monitor.
Yeah they fixed the UI scaling with the 7.00 update, works much better now. 21:9 is definitely becoming more common (as it should as I honestly prefer it in games over 4k) but as I say I only really play Overwatch on PC now and that doesn't support it properly, which is a bit crap.

A subscription to HiDIVE, for $3.99 a month it's a solid deal, just hope they develop a PSN app at some point.

Ugh, my wallet is in major distress now - :eek: - Oppo just announced today they are soon going to cease production of their products, so I was pretty much forced to immediately buy a UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player to store away as a backup to my aging BDP-93 player, while they are still in stock and before their price shoots up everywhere. I wont really need to use it until my BDP-93 dies or until I am able to upgrade the projector in my theater room to 4K, but I still want to have it on hand, as I've owned both the BDP-83 and BDP-93 players and loved their quality. Plus, they are very easily modded for multi-region capabilities.

What really hurts is that I just committed to buying the Legend of the Galactic Heroes Premium set two days ago, so that's a lot of unexpected expense I have to cover now. I guess I won't be buying near as much anime over the next few months... :(

Just brought this:
1519729055-114954-mens-500x600.jpg

Available here for the next 3 hours for £8. Got a free mystery t-shirt as well.
But got a message this morning saying the Nausicaä model is no longer available.

Last edited:
Got a ticket for the Mary and the Witches Flower special preview on Tuesday. As it was Tuesday it came under the Insider price for Showcase. It's filling up nicely!

Back