What did you BUY today?

I decided to acquire some more classic PlayStation 2 games via the digital PlayStation Network store. The PS3 era had a ton of solid titles and it's about time that I properly collect some after Sony basically dropped PS2 on PS4 (the blame seems to be the requirement of trophy support which requires months of QC/hassle).

Due to PAL versions being inferior I'm only going after the NTSC versions of the PS2 titles.

The games chosen are as follows:

God_Hand_1.jpg

GOD HAND - $3.99
Arguably the most under-rated game in Capcom's catalogue from the PS2 era (alongside Killer7 and the Onimusha franchise), GOD HAND is a beat em up that has been loved to this date even if IGN hated it to death. It was on sale for $3.99 as part of the Capcom sale promotion that's currently going on.

Shin_Megami_Tensei_3_Nocturne_1.jpg

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne - $9.99
The first major Shin Megami Tensei title to hit the west and also the first one to be released for PlayStation. Nocturne is well-known as a classic SMT title that many have grew up with and also introduced them to the world of Megami Tensei. Nocturne (also known as Lucifer's Call in Europe) also features the appearance of Dante from Devil May Cry after the two publishers did a special collaboration for their games (SMT character designer Kazuma Kaneko designed the demonic forms for Dante & Virgil in Devil May Cry 3).

I ordered Ni No Kuni 2 for the PS4. I've been kinda unsure on if I should buy this just now or wait as I know I won't actually play it anytime soon so kinda made sense to wait til I wanna play it as it would likely be a bit cheaper, but I'm weak (or stupid?) and caved.

My yearly Crunchyroll subscription, I didn't actually know I was buying it today but hey ho, seems to have renewed and I'd have done so anyway so no harm done (I do think they should send you a reminder though, maybe there's a setting for that or something).

From wordery:

Haikyu!! Volume 21(22 is already in-stock, so gonna have to pick that up later :()
Twilight Princess volume 3
Durarara volume 9

So, my second monitor started to show signs of potentially dying (or I need a new cable) so that's a good enough excuse for me to splurge on a new monitor. Decided on the LG 27UD68P, a 27 inch 4K IPS monitor, which shall be replacing my 1080p 20 inch IPS monitor as my main display, which I shall shift to my secondary monitor, and retiring my pretty crappy 20 inch TN Panel monitor that I was using as my second monitor, which I shall be giving to a friend for use in Multiplayer at his house. Managed to snag a used one for £320 from Amazon's Warehouse Deals, which claims its in very good condition, so I'll wait and see. I'd have bought one new but an £80 saving is nothing to turn your nose up at!

So, my second monitor started to show signs of potentially dying (or I need a new cable) so that's a good enough excuse for me to splurge on a new monitor. Decided on the LG 27UD68P, a 27 inch 4K IPS monitor, which shall be replacing my 1080p 20 inch IPS monitor as my main display, which I shall shift to my secondary monitor, and retiring my pretty crappy 20 inch TN Panel monitor that I was using as my second monitor, which I shall be giving to a friend for use in Multiplayer at his house. Managed to snag a used one for £320 from Amazon's Warehouse Deals, which claims its in very good condition, so I'll wait and see. I'd have bought one new but an £80 saving is nothing to turn your nose up at!
That's a very good monitor at a very good price. Mine (same model) cost me £360 18 months ago, and I've not seen it that cheap since.

That's a very good monitor at a very good price. Mine (same model) cost me £360 18 months ago, and I've not seen it that cheap since.

Yeah, I was pretty amazed to pick up a 4K IPS display at sub £400. I wasn't sure to either go down the high resolution route or the high refresh rate route and get a G-Sync, but considering I don't game super regularly on my PC nowadays, I figured the resolution bump would be better for day to day use. The only thing I am cautious about is how nicely it will play with a 1080p display as a second monitor, as dragging things across and the like when the two displays have different resolutions might be a bit off.

I've been looking for a new monitor over the past few days and man I'm really struggling to decide what I want, like ultra wide? 4k? 1440p? 144hz? Some kind of combination of those? I don't really game all that much on PC now but I do sometimes play Overwatch and I don't have the hardware to run that at 4k and it doesn't support ultrawide, but the extra screen space on them would be very welcome, but then I could also use my current 1080p one as a 2nd screen for extra space... It's a really difficult choice tbh.

Back