Wargamers of AUKN, unite!

BlackWolf said:
good reasoning there MrChom though i would like to know what you bought for that TCG with that price :p (i imagine a few booster boxes among other things i'm guessing)

31 boxes of "Hunt for Illidan"
6 boxes of "Through the Dark Portal"
2 Binders
2 packs of 9 pocket pages

Somewhere along the lines of 17,000 cards split between my team there.

That's the pile of empty boxes FULL with cards I finished off over the last weekend (they were all rammed solid)

And that is my collection as it stands right now....had to buy a new box just to fit the damn things in!

BlackWolf said:
Nice :D You must have a large team i'm guessing, i tried getting into the WoW TCG but i never quite managed it

Just the four of us, and one friend we know who doesn't go to tournaments but bought some boxes.

I'm a big fan of WoW TCG (as you can probably guess) and attend a lot of the tournaments, but most of my collection is focussed on the casual play I get in Brum.

It's a good game, like Magic with the flaws removed. The only problem is that they have idiots to write the rulebox in the box. The online one is fine but hideously long....the one in the box is just awful. If you feel like trying again the next set has a better arrangement for started decks. Each box will contain two 44 card decks ready for play, instead of one 30 card deck.

redgore said:
Spyro: I have been doing the hobby a long time and I would say my win to lose ratio is about 1:200. It is a social hobby when you get outside of your local games workshop.

Then obviously you dont mind losing so much. But in my eyes s ure; it is a social hobby, as I game with friends ETC but it sucks balls to lose all the time IMHO. If you dont feel like that though; fair enough. I dont think I can be assed to try and put my point forward anymore.

MrChom said:
BlackWolf said:
Nice :D You must have a large team i'm guessing, i tried getting into the WoW TCG but i never quite managed it

Just the four of us, and one friend we know who doesn't go to tournaments but bought some boxes.

I'm a big fan of WoW TCG (as you can probably guess) and attend a lot of the tournaments, but most of my collection is focussed on the casual play I get in Brum.

It's a good game, like Magic with the flaws removed. The only problem is that they have idiots to write the rulebox in the box. The online one is fine but hideously long....the one in the box is just awful. If you feel like trying again the next set has a better arrangement for started decks. Each box will contain two 44 card decks ready for play, instead of one 30 card deck.

cool that does sound better when i first tried i ended up getting two starters (the base set one and the set that came out as the same time as the burning crusade expansion) ended up getting one of those rare loot cards as well :lol: I like UDE though they've done some good work like the VS. game system

I like WoW the online game; But not the card game. I'm not interested in card games much, because I don't have enough imagination too imagine how the card is attacking the other card, or whatever. The last card game I played, was probably pokémon :d.

Yagami said:
I like WoW the online game; But not the card game. I'm not interested in card games much, because I don't have enough imagination too imagine how the card is attacking the other card, or whatever. The last card game I played, was probably pokémon :d.

I very rarely imagine that either, but then I really like the art of the cards, the flavour text, and the game itself is fun. As are the "Joke" cards (Ghank, Kam'pah, Pugg, Greefer etc.)

MrChom said:
BlackWolf said:
would leeroy jenkings class as a joke card :p

Haha, why, yes, of course.

Having to shout "LEEEERRRRROOOOY JEEENNNNKKKIIIIINNNNSSSS" to use his ability was a nice touch.
even someone who never played wow like me, knows about Leroy .... =D
And that is the biggest failure in the gaming history (at least the biggest made known) ;D

chaos said:
MrChom said:
BlackWolf said:
would leeroy jenkings class as a joke card :p

Haha, why, yes, of course.

Having to shout "LEEEERRRRROOOOY JEEENNNNKKKIIIIINNNNSSSS" to use his ability was a nice touch.
even someone who never played wow like me, knows about Leroy .... =D
And that is the biggest failure in the gaming history (at least the biggest made known) ;D

not including the black plague of Zul Gurub? :D

it was always fun sitting in ironforge watching level 1-20's drop dead in a matter of seconds

Looks cool but when it was first announced (just as a warhammer 40k game) i agreed with some people who thought it was going to be a Necromunda game (why hasn't that been turned into a videogame yet?) because of the emphais on close combat. Meh this still looks like its going to be fun :)

I play magic the gathering, and used to play warhammer, warhammer 40k and the best game of them all BLOOD BOWL.

i used to be quite good at painting but used to take me ages as i was a pefectionist!

So I've decided on tau!

I will make it the best army I have built/painted/played yet!

Hopefully, I will include lots of forgeworld parts in it (eg. the awesome battle suits ;D)

Yagami said:
So I've decided on tau!

Hopefully, I will include lots of forgeworld parts in it (eg. the awesome battle suits ;D)

Good choice :p and i've been looking at those forgeworld battlesuits as well (mainly the broadsides) not only do they look awesome and much better then the regular GW versions but i think they may make good base models for a Freedom Gundam conversion

BlackWolf said:
Yagami said:
So I've decided on tau!

Good choice :p and i've been looking at those forgeworld battlesuits as well (mainly the broadsides) not only do they look awesome and much better then the regular GW versions but i think they may make good base models for a Freedom Gundam conversion

o rly? *goes hunting*

Back