Wargamers of AUKN, unite!

Tachi said:
Your kidding me!

I've been after buying that Chaplain for a while now but never had the spare money to buy one.
And he's back, in finecast, with a price increase of four pounds eighty. FFS Games Workshop... I expect you'll be kicking yourself as hard as I am that I didn't get one earlier.

That was the very first thing I did when I heard it had gone out of stock at GW. No luck. Independent stockists (both online and on the high street) don't tend to carry many individual minis anyway, there are two in my town and they only sell boxes.

Bumping because YEEESSS!

The predictions were true, 'tis a good day to be a DA or Chaos player. Those minis all look excellent. Copy of the new rulebook too, which will hopefully get me back into actually gaming again.

For anyone interested, I ordered mine from Total Wargamer for an impressive discount.

I've reserved mine at my local independent which also has been the gaming club I've been to most Wednesdays for the past three years. A small gesture of loyalty to the shop that has given me so much, especially in the face of new competition from another shop in the area selling GW products.

Otherwise I do usually buy online. Wayland Games usually.

That actually looks like the kind of thing that would be cool to pick up even though I don't play 40k. Looking forward to some pics from it, and an account of your route back into playing, ayase!

IMG_0563.jpg

This is the result of this morning's work; my new Imperial Fists Terminator Librarion. Probably going to name him Corvax, but I am not yet fully decided.
This angle shows off the sword and staff well. Also note the drilled-out gun barrels.

IMG_0566.jpg

A view from the other side. Note the text 'Vae Victis' on the shoulder.

IMG_0564.jpg

Side view. Note the Imperial Fists chapter symbol on the right page of the book on the shoulder pad.

Front view, elevated angle.
Front view, face-to-face.
Rear view. Perhaps looking a little burdened on the left hand, but he can take it because he is a Terminator Librarian.

IMG_0557.jpg

When photographed with the flash on, his colours go a bit crazy. XD

I used pieces from a variety of kits of make this model.

Head - Either Grey Knights Terminators or Dreadknight
Torso - Space Marine Terminators default torso
Arms - Grey Knights Terminators
Legs - Grey Knights Terminators
Shoulders - Grey Knights Terminators
Weapons - Grey Knights Terminators
Shield - Grey Knights Dreadknight

Staff/sword combo inspired by Gandalf.

Two of my recent creations...

IMG_0575.jpg

Imperial Fists Librarian Dreadnought (counting as an Ironclad Dreadnought) bisecting a Daemon Prince and then smashing its head to a pulp with a giant hammer.
This model used pieces from the Ironclad Dreadnought, Venerable Dreadnought and Blood Angels Librarian Dreadnought kits. The hand and hammer were from a Grey Knights Dreadknight kit. The best used half a Daemon Prince, and various Chaos Spawn tentacles were used to represent the Daemon Prince's spilt entrails, which are not visible in this photo.

karandraspic.jpg

Phoenix Lord Karandras, with additional photoshopping to give him a nice background. The paint scheme I chose to use was inspired by one of my favourite characters from a particular anime. ;)

My current projects include a Stormraven, four more Dreadnoughts, lots of Terminators, many Scouts, Telion with his head swapped for another for the sake of individuality, Pedro Kantor headswapped with a 'Mister Torgue'-style head for the same reason, a Land Speeder Storm, an Eldar Striking Scorpions squad (when they arrive) and finally a Deathstrike Missile Launcher. Enough to keep me busy then. XD

Back