Wargamers of AUKN, unite!

Got myself a starter army for the Dark Elves from a friend who didn't want them. (He defected to High Elves!!!)

Going for a Hellebron lead army, but may cash in with another one to mix it up a lil'.

I'm thinking of repainting my Space Marines, kinda gone off of the Ultramarines chapter now, they're in pretty much everything, so maybe I'll go Space Wolves, pretty good color scheme and the name is badass

Those starter armies are a bargain when you price up what it would cost to buy all the contents one by one.

I've got;
12 Space Marines
5 Nids
12 Tau Fire Warriors with 2 drones
3 Stealth suits with marker drone and objective marker
1 Devilfish with 2 drones
1 Piranha with 2 drones
1 Crisis Suit with 2 drones

What i want;
1 kroot boxset for 12 kroot warriors
2 Broadside battlesuits
1 Hammerhead (or a devilfish that i'll put the railgun onto, maybe cheaper)
another 2 crisis suits

Should have enough for a decent sized army after that :p

I bought Dawn of War for £1 on ebay lol was a great price to pay for a decent game i've already spent hours playing (well installing took just as long tbh lol bloody patch hunting)

The next week and a half i won't be able to get anymore models due to money issues so i'll be playing DoW and Painting up my army,

Anyone care to upload pics of their armies? :)

Soubi-Hurt said:
I Bought 5 more grey knight terminators so that should bring me upto 1500pts

Fantastic kit, the GK Terminators. Converted myself a Grand Master from the bits, and I still have enough left to do a good job on the rest of them. Shame that there is only one heavy weapon arm in the kit though, but that spare psycannon will find a home alongside another psycannon on top of my Razorback.

Speaking of conversions, i bought a 198 piece Bitz box from ebay, hopefully i can create something out of it lol. A tank made out of backpacks at the very least ;)

Mutsumi said:
Soubi-Hurt said:
I Bought 5 more grey knight terminators so that should bring me upto 1500pts

Fantastic kit, the GK Terminators. Converted myself a Grand Master from the bits, and I still have enough left to do a good job on the rest of them. Shame that there is only one heavy weapon arm in the kit though, but that spare psycannon will find a home alongside another psycannon on top of my Razorback.

The GK kits are really good i used the strike squad kit to convert up a Brotherhood Champion with aid of death company and space marine bits

Tachi said:
Speaking of conversions, i bought a 198 piece Bitz box from ebay, hopefully i can create something out of it lol. A tank made out of backpacks at the very least ;)
It's the reinvention of the Roman turtle tank technique!!! XD
I will be mighty impressed if you can pull it off.

Chaz said:
Tachi said:
It's the reinvention of the Roman turtle tank technique!!! XD
I will be mighty impressed if you can pull it off.

Depending on whats in the Bitz pack i'll try to make a kroot army of sorts, then try my hand at the backpack tank :lol: hey even if it fails i'll have a square of backpacks that can be easily turned into scenery.

Playing more dawn of war lastnight and in a online 2v2 game i created enough resources to bring in 2 dreadnoughts, 2 whirlwind tanks and a land raider plus 10 squads of 9 man strong infantry to take over the whole map :p the other guy roamed about with some assault marines with jetpacks and took out the eldar.... i went ork hunting, was a good 25min match.

Out of the bitz pack i bought on ebay for cheap;

There are plenty of tau crisis flamers, melta guns, shield generators, burst cannons, skyray missile, then loads of guns and grenades and god know how many kroot things in there.

I managed to tally up what i've got in terms of being able to salvage troops out of it, here's my findings:

completed 2 kroot warriors already
3 kroot heads
5 arms with guns
6 other arms

Tau wise:
18 arms with guns
2 free hand arms
4 arms with sensors
12 tau feet
3 torsos
10 heads.

Gunna look on ebay and see if i can get some extra torsos and things and eventually make up the numbers.

Space marine dreadnought and rhino in the post.... can't wait to get em!

I've finished the shoulders of my space marines but still unsure on what colour scheme to do the actual armour, as of yet the head. arms and legs are black with silver drybrushed for definition and the aquila is silver, shoulders are red with silver trim but they just don't sit right with me.

In the mean time i've just bought another tactical squad... and looking for abit of fun with some bits;

Space wolves Head
Imperial Guard Body
Terminator lightening Claws

all together; Wolverine! :p

Finally gotten around to taking some nice photos of my models. Here are a few of my favourites.

IMG_0111.jpg

Grey Knights Grand Master
Looks a little bit like Patrick Moore from GamesMaster I think. :)

IMG_0106.jpg

This is my masterpiece, my proudest creation. I built this because I wanted to use a Tervigon/Tyrannofex in my Tyranid army, but no model exist for it yet, so I made one. I deliberately made it unique from the Tervigon/Tyrannofex artwork, in case they did make a model for it one day. I name this the ARACHNOFEX. Kinda fitting, huh? Also, note the extra pair of eyes on the head.

Callidus Assassin
Grey Knights Dreadnoughts and Purifier Squad
Iron Hands Chapter Master
Iron Hands Librarian
Iron Hands Captain and Command Squad with Drop Pod
Ironclad Dreadnoughts
Dreadnought with a GIANT SMASHY HAMMER OF DOOM

Back