Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
demonix said:
SpaceDandy said:
It doesn't match for TSR. FUNi uses 2BD50 while AL will be 1BD50 + 1BD25.
That isn't normal one cour practice for funimation, but depending on the length of the extras beyond episode 000 and the OVA (which possibly wouldn't require the disc to be dual layer instead of single layer) it is possible that they had to use two dual layer discs for TSR meaning that AL is skimping on quality with this so called ultimate edition (the question is is it actually the same for both versions of TSR since they made new masters for the anime classics version which included A/B region coding where the original release was zone A only).

Insert comic laughter where people have wasted time fretting when we made a typo on our post - TSR is 2 x BD50s.

Have a great day :D.

Best,

Andrew "Not Actually Skimping, Just Typo'd" Partridge.

Really liking the look of the FMP packaging!

The UE is outside my price range, unfortunately, but it's a damned cool looking product.

Andrew - any chance of a fully working Lambda reactor as a pack-in extra..? :p

demonix said:
NormanicGrav said:
I honestly would like to know about the Blu-ray masters as well, because this set is nearly getting my interest for a pre-order (or perhaps as an Xmas present instead given the date).
It actually looks like from the blog information that they're using the funimation BD masters since the disc count, type of discs and the bonus content match the US release exactly (I can only confirm for the first season since that is all I have and that is spread over three BD50 discs), so instead of doing what they intended by not using the US masters it looks like they've done a complete 180 and have decided to use the US masters, so I won't be purchasing this release since the price for what is just the US version with an extra book is too much since I can complete my set for around £40 (making the total paid a little over £60 or there abouts which is about half of what this ultimate collection is going for) and not have to wait (that is if I even had the money since everything for the rest of the year is already allocated to something I will be buying or already have bought).

I pre-empted with an Amazon order to lock in a good price but it sounds like I'd be best cancelling, picked up all 3 US releases a while back when they were going cheap. Been waiting to see if anything in this package justified a double dip and I'm not seeing anything thus far :(

JDFqBv6.png

A general idea of the final Rebellion set looks like.

I hope it is, it would like nicer on a shelf next to one and two. Although saying that, I am very tempted to import the French @Anime release of Rebellion since that set looks fantastic (You wouldn't expect less from the French branch of Anime Ltd) and just swapping the French BD for the Manga UK BD and just putting the French disc in the UK box and putting it away somewhere so it might not matter that much to me...

Eh, I only plan on importing 3 since 1 and 2 are getting a fairly nice release over here so the packaging not matching up isn't a big deal for me. Rebellion looks like it will only be an amaray over here and that's it whereas the French release is a nice digipack and comes with an OST CD which is fantastic seeing as Madoka has an absolutely phenomenal soundtrack.

Man that picture :lol: The French release isn't English friendly but that doesn't seem to be an issue if you're just wanting to acquire the packaging and swap the discs. I will say that the Japanese set is a lot better packaging wise and has English Subtitles but it is a lot more expensive if you want the import.

The US Rebellion DVD/Blu-ray Limited Edition that comes with the CD is a bit cheaper but comes in two clear amarays in a box with an artbook and postcards.

IncendiaryLemon said:
I hope it is, it would like nicer on a shelf next to one and two. Although saying that, I am very tempted to import the French @Anime release of Rebellion since that set looks fantastic (You wouldn't expect less from the French branch of Anime Ltd) and just swapping the French BD for the Manga UK BD and just putting the French disc in the UK box and putting it away somewhere so it might not matter that much to me...

The french boxset isn't even from the french branch, they just rebranded the italian release. Dynit logo appears under the o-card. (And no wonder why this release is good compared to the others).

qaiz said:
Man that picture :lol: The French release isn't English friendly but that doesn't seem to be an issue if you're just wanting to acquire the packaging and swap the discs. I will say that the Japanese set is a lot better packaging wise and has English Subtitles but it is a lot more expensive if you want the import.

The US Rebellion DVD/Blu-ray Limited Edition that comes with the CD is a bit cheaper but comes in two clear amarays in a box with an artbook and postcards.

Yeah, I'd love the Aniplex version but it's a lot of money for one movie. Honestly, I wouldn't mind having the UK, US and French versions. Madoka is a series I feel worth triple dipping for. Really my goal is to get the Aniplex sets of the show first which I can only sit and drool at until I start my new job and get my first paycheque in October.

I know that feeling, everyone has that one series that they want to build a shrine for, using their wallet as a means of sacrifice for the Gods that bestow upon us such luxury items. For me that's Eva but fortunately (unfortunately?) I have a few other franchises that I put alongside Eva. My word of advice, take your time. You're unlucky that the franchise you love happens to be under Aniplex, and as such can and does go out of print only to be a lot more expensive on the second hand market but good things come to those who wait, at least that's what I tell myself.

It has been out of print for two years as far as I can tell. So far I can only see part 1 or 3 even available for sale anywhere at all. I'm not sure where to even begin looking for the other two parts seeing as the usual eBay and Amazon don't have them.

SpaceDandy said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

The french boxset isn't even from the french branch, they just rebranded the italian release. Dynit logo appears under the o-card. (And no wonder why this release is good compared to the others).

Factually incorrect I'm afraid - we replicated and produced the Italian box for Dynit so actually...

First edition of MM Films 1 & 2 were done by someone fairly fresh - wasn't super happy on the result but had no hand on them here or it'd have been a different result. The more you know...

AP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back