Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're curious as to what the Love Live! Collector's Edition DVD is like, UKAN have done an unboxing:

Note: This is NOT the same as the US version, it's more similar to the Madman release with its slipcover packaging and a paperback version of the Hardcover artbook that came with the NIS Premium Edition. The UK version does not include the Weiss card.

There's also an unboxing of the UK version of A Lull in the Sea, basically the same as the NIS Premium except the BBFC logos and MVM logos are on the box and discs. They even removed the mention of Region A on the technical info, I assumed the discs were the exact same so they should be Regions A & B.

Last edited by a moderator:
NormanicGrav said:
There's also an unboxing of the UK version of A Lull in the Sea, basically the same as the NIS Premium except the BBFC logos and MVM logos are on the box and discs. They even removed the mention of Region A on the technical info, I assumed the discs were the exact same so they should be Regions A & B.
I have to agree with the earlier post, it would have been nice if they could find a way to keep the logos off of the box. I do support the experiment MVM are doing and hope it works out for them but hopefully they'll also be able to get around that kind of thing in future.

I hope the discs are just the same, could be risky if they're different for some reason.

MVM Covers

Captain Earth: Part 2 [Blu-ray] [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
81xsqBVexwL._SL1500_.jpg

81UhRa7FdlL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse: Part 2 [Blu-ray] [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
81jlXPXOaPL._SL1500_.jpg

81XMCb1sbqL._SL1500_.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
No Game No Life: Complete Collection [Blu-ray] [DVD]
[spoilerbutton]
61Eo%2B8CqfsL.jpg
61JlRoUXmRL.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

Interesting - certainly looks different! I expected them to go with the old font and a colour scheme more in keeping with the original visuals

banner_252.jpg

But I suppose this stands out more and marks it out as a fresh edition.

Aww, I like the other picture from Fumoffu (from the third volume of the ADV DVD release). Coincidentally, it's the only volume of the DVDs that I own. What? It's an actual coincidence... really.

Interesting that they seem to be thinking ahead for the individual releases (presumably).

I have to admit, I feel that the Fumoffu cover should really include Bonta-kun. Also, it wouldn't hurt to have Tessa somewhere on the covers in general (not to mention a few others).

Smeelia said:
Aww, I like the other picture from Fumoffu (from the third volume of the ADV DVD release). Coincidentally, it's the only volume of the DVDs that I own. What? It's an actual coincidence... really.

Interesting that they seem to be thinking ahead for the individual releases (presumably).

I have to admit, I feel that the Fumoffu cover should really include Bonta-kun. Also, it wouldn't hurt to have Tessa somewhere on the covers in general (not to mention a few others).

It's as if you think I don't like FMP ;).

Tessa is on one of the sides of the covers you can't see (Season 1 in fact) :D.

Bonta-kun alas there was no key-art of to make a good cover on his own - sorry :(!

Lutga said:
Interesting - certainly looks different! I expected them to go with the old font and a colour scheme more in keeping with the original visuals
That logo was an ADV creation, which they overlayed on the original video as was their wont at the time. The one on Anime Limited's set is actually closer to the Japanese original

The FMP art isn't what I expected - but don't read that as a bad thing. I'd say it's more of a pleasant surprise. I'd love to have seen some LN style art like the JP BD Box has though, but as I understand it's harder to get approval to use things like that. Has it been stated what masters are going to be used for this? Going by the disc split I'm going to assume it's Funi's.

Mangaranga said:
The FMP art isn't what I expected - but don't read that as a bad thing. I'd say it's more of a pleasant surprise. I'd love to have seen some LN style art like the JP BD Box has though, but as I understand it's harder to get approval to use things like that. Has it been stated what masters are going to be used for this? Going by the disc split I'm going to assume it's Funi's.

I honestly would like to know about the Blu-ray masters as well, because this set is nearly getting my interest for a pre-order (or perhaps as an Xmas present instead given the date).

Looks promising. Do my eyes deceive me or is this a UE that is breaking with the size tradition for previous UE's?

If so, I'm conflicted. Blu's fitting on a blu-ray shelf is good but art books the size of BR's are a bit small for my liking...

NormanicGrav said:
Mangaranga said:

I honestly would like to know about the Blu-ray masters as well, because this set is nearly getting my interest for a pre-order (or perhaps as an Xmas present instead given the date).
It actually looks like from the blog information that they're using the funimation BD masters since the disc count, type of discs and the bonus content match the US release exactly (I can only confirm for the first season since that is all I have and that is spread over three BD50 discs), so instead of doing what they intended by not using the US masters it looks like they've done a complete 180 and have decided to use the US masters, so I won't be purchasing this release since the price for what is just the US version with an extra book is too much since I can complete my set for around £40 (making the total paid a little over £60 or there abouts which is about half of what this ultimate collection is going for) and not have to wait (that is if I even had the money since everything for the rest of the year is already allocated to something I will be buying or already have bought).

SpaceDandy said:
It doesn't match for TSR. FUNi uses 2BD50 while AL will be 1BD50 + 1BD25.
That isn't normal one cour practice for funimation, but depending on the length of the extras beyond episode 000 and the OVA (which possibly wouldn't require the disc to be dual layer instead of single layer) it is possible that they had to use two dual layer discs for TSR meaning that AL is skimping on quality with this so called ultimate edition (the question is is it actually the same for both versions of TSR since they made new masters for the anime classics version which included A/B region coding where the original release was zone A only).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back