Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buzz201 said:
NormanicGrav said:
I was honestly expecting an 18 at some point in the JoJo series (probably for Stardust Crusaders) due to some of the 'death scenes' and animal cruelty. But hey if it ends up a 15 overall then that's good.

I'm debating on whether I should pickup the UK DVD (which should be dub and sub, it'll be stupid of them otherwise), I don't want PAL stuff in my collection anymore but if the UK set sells it might help bring over a Blu-ray version.

The fact the cover explicitly gives a 15 and not a 15 TBC or just a TBC, suggests it's already gone through the BBFC but they haven't made that information public yet. Warner Bros.'s September slate is now appearing on the BBFC, so it will probably be up soon.

The lack of an IFCO logo would suggest it's either not being released in Ireland, or got a higher/lower certificate in Ireland. I doubt they'd give it a 12 or an 18, so I'm suggesting this is a UK-only limited release. (Universal do this with their TV shows.)

Looks to me like maybe Warner Bros. UK has inherrited the series from the WHV US acquisition and is just releasing it because it would be silly to have the rights and not use them. So hopefully they'll 'cheap out' and use the US masters.
The BBFC are OK with IFCO ratings on the cover if they are equivalent or higher. Anime never gets rated by the IFCO either except for Ghibli movies, which means that Irish retailers selling anime are technically breaking the law.

Forbidden Planet had all their stock seized about 10 years ago because of this IIRC.

sniper_samurai said:
The BBFC are OK with IFCO ratings on the cover if they are equivalent or higher. Anime never gets rated by the IFCO either except for Ghibli movies, which means that Irish retailers selling anime are technically breakimg the law.

Forbidden Planet had all their stock seized about 10 years ago because of this IIRC.

I believe UK law says the IFCO rating can only be on the packaging if it's the equivalent, if it's lower or higher it shouldn't be printed, and they normally just use a sticker instead. I don't think they really care too much about enforcing it though, so you do occasionally see exceptions...

I would imagine the reason anime never gets rated in Ireland is because it's always distributed by independent companies, who have better things to spend money on. Ghibli and now JoJo's being the exceptions.

009 Re:Cyborg 3D finally unveiled! After 2 years and a couple of months, the film will finally see a release very soon.

11903852_743848649060321_9106125682965138625_n.jpg

11882272_743848672393652_7447669545578596420_o.jpg

11882407_743848699060316_7262020057857761775_o.jpg

NormanicGrav said:
009 Re:Cyborg 3D finally unveiled! After 2 years and a couple of months, the film will finally see a release very soon.
I'm probably being stupid but is the Blu-ray 3D only and the 2D version DVD only? I guess the second DVD would be the extras either way.

Smeelia said:
NormanicGrav said:
I'm probably being stupid but is the Blu-ray 3D only and the 2D version DVD only? I guess the second DVD would be the extras either way.

1 Blu-ray for the film in 2D and 3D

1 DVD for the film

1 DVD for the extras

It's a combo pack.

NormanicGrav said:

1 DVD for the film

1 DVD for the extras

It's a combo pack.
Right, thanks. I thought it might be something like that but I wasn't sure, it doesn't seem to be indicated on the box and most 3D Blu-rays I've seen have a separate disc for the 2D version. I guess there's maybe a note on the back, I'm not sure where they'd put one on the front/side without getting in the way.

Smeelia said:
NormanicGrav said:

1 DVD for the film

1 DVD for the extras

It's a combo pack.
Right, thanks. I thought it might be something like that but I wasn't sure, it doesn't seem to be indicated on the box and most 3D Blu-rays I've seen have a separate disc for the 2D version. I guess there's maybe a note on the back, I'm not sure where they'd put one on the front/side without getting in the way.

Most films have 2 seperate discs like you say, but there are films where both versions are on the same disc too like Dredd.

That JoJo cover is appropriate in that it's as garish and ugly as the show's art style. But should I ever feel the desire to watch past the first episode I'd probably do so on Crunchroll rather than buying the show on DVD.

The AL covers are looking good; Fate wasn't on my radar but the power of cute compels me. I notice that the redundant company logo and "series" tag is conspicuously absent from Ping Pong, Fate, and Tokyo Ghoul. Hopefully they're not just mock-ups because such a small change has had an immediately obvious positive effect.

fabricatedlunatic said:
The AL covers are looking good; Fate wasn't on my radar but the power of cute compels me. I notice that the redundant company logo and "series" tag is conspicuously absent from Ping Pong, Fate, and Tokyo Ghoul. Hopefully they're not just mock-ups because such a small change has had an immediately obvious positive effect.
Now that you mention it, they do look good without the logo and tag.

While Mardock Scramble Trilogy set has been delayed to September 28th, we had no idea what the cover looks like. Until now when Manga UK posted this:

CODdmBAUAAEVbBN.jpg:large

Like the individual films the spine is still on the French side.

The Manga logo is back. Whatever has changed that caused it to disappear must not be in effect in retrospect for re-releases of titles that originally had both.

Looks like the complete collection is just the individual releases packaged in a slip box. Shame the spine is still on the french side, if it was the proper way round i might have considered getting it but i think i'll just get Sentai's release of the complete set.

Kind of pointless that it's just a slipcase for the singles - if I didn't have them already I'd have preferred a concise single case to save shelf space. Still it's a decent price for all three movies together.

Shiroi Hane said:
The Manga logo is back. Whatever has changed that caused it to disappear must not be in effect in retrospect for re-releases of titles that originally had both.

I remember Nisekoi had the Manga logo then it just disappeared once it got released.

Maybe this one has the Manga logo as it's essentially a re-pack of the original discs, which did have the Manga logo on them and the cases?

I wonder if they'll do one of these for the Berserk movies too?

Would it make me a bad person if I bought Tokyo Ghoul and threw away that tacky as hell blood slipcover? I think it's the blood drips at the top and bottom that ruin it for me, not a fan but then I don't think I've seen much Tokyo Ghoul art that I do like tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back