Upcoming UK Anime DVD Artwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered what the 3 below the 18 was then I realised it was number of disks - and that the releases I already own have that.

Then my focus shifted to ANI0044. Strange... Tiger and Bunny the rising is ANI0051. The OCD in me telling me I need to make a list...

I still wonder what the steelbook might have turned out like. In any case, not a fan of the art on the slip but that's minor, I mean I guess.

msgeek said:
Then my focus shifted to ANI0044. Strange... Tiger and Bunny the rising is ANI0051. The OCD in me telling me I need to make a list...
Stranger than that, both Anime on Line and the BVA have it listed as ANI0043 (I already have a list).

Shiroi Hane said:
msgeek said:
Stranger than that, both Anime on Line and the BVA have it listed as ANI0043 (I already have a list).

Didn't know about the BVA site. After making it past the British Veterinary Association I too now have a list. And I have a list for Manga from it too. Saved me some time!

There is a gap in the list at 44... possible hint of future Baccano standard edition?

Ping Pong!

11875054_743837002394819_2505681173696523163_o.jpg

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya!

81EAVtanazL._SL1500_.jpg

DVD edition of Tokyo Ghoul.

91%2B96hDtskL._SL1500_.jpg

For Ping Pong, did they say it was going to be a chipboard release? I presume the left hand side is a chipboard box and the right hand side is a fold open piece (4 sides, there's probably a proper name for this)?

After recently discovering the joys of tracking the ANI00... numbers... I feel a little cheated by ANI00xx on the Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya! :)

msgeek said:
For Ping Pong, did they say it was going to be a chipboard release? I presume the left hand side is a chipboard box and the right hand side is a fold open piece (4 sides, there's probably a proper name for this)?

After recently discovering the joys of tracking the ANI00... numbers... I feel a little cheated by ANI00xx on the Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya! :)

All of their Collector's Editions are chipboard, unless they stated it wouldn't. :lol:

NormanicGrav said:
msgeek said:
All of their Collector's Editions are chipboard, unless they stated it wouldn't. :lol:
Yeah... but all of their collectors editions have "Collectors Edition" on the spine aside from Space Dandy S1... Was a little worried it might have been demoted...

Ping pong looks great as expected. Fate Kaleid will be bought and I rather like the character designs. .....AL only have series one though right?

britguy said:
Ping pong looks great as expected. Fate Kaleid will be bought and I rather like the character designs. .....AL only have series one though right?

Yes, looks like Sentai have 2wei! and 2wei! Herz

Gotta wonder what people who haven't seen the show would make of it though.

If I hadn't seen JoJo's, I'd have probably been put off, and this might be sacrillege, but that artwork kinda makes it look like kids show. If it didn't have a 15 on the front, I could see some parents easily picking it up and then being horrified at the whole zombie thing.

Seems to be sub-only for us too. I'd have thought it would jut be a dodgy Amazon listing, and they'll actually just make the US DVD masters PAL-friendly, but everyone else is taking it seriously...

Buzz201 said:
Gotta wonder what people who haven't seen the show would make of it though.

If I hadn't seen JoJo's, I'd have probably been put off, and this might be sacrillege, but that artwork kinda makes it look like kids show. If it didn't have a 15 on the front, I could see some parents easily picking it up and then being horrified at the whole zombie thing.

Seems to be sub-only for us too. I'd have thought it would jut be a dodgy Amazon listing, and they'll actually just make the US DVD masters PAL-friendly, but everyone else is taking it seriously...

I was honestly expecting an 18 at some point in the JoJo series (probably for Stardust Crusaders) due to some of the 'death scenes' and animal cruelty. But hey if it ends up a 15 overall then that's good.

I'm debating on whether I should pickup the UK DVD (which should be dub and sub, it'll be stupid of them otherwise), I don't want PAL stuff in my collection anymore but if the UK set sells it might help bring over a Blu-ray version.

I already own the BDs so I'll be skipping this (would have bought to show support on BD but a PAL DVD isn't very useful to me even to loan out). Nice to see it's coming here, though.

R

NormanicGrav said:
I was honestly expecting an 18 at some point in the JoJo series (probably for Stardust Crusaders) due to some of the 'death scenes' and animal cruelty. But hey if it ends up a 15 overall then that's good.

I'm debating on whether I should pickup the UK DVD (which should be dub and sub, it'll be stupid of them otherwise), I don't want PAL stuff in my collection anymore but if the UK set sells it might help bring over a Blu-ray version.

The fact the cover explicitly gives a 15 and not a 15 TBC or just a TBC, suggests it's already gone through the BBFC but they haven't made that information public yet. Warner Bros.'s September slate is now appearing on the BBFC, so it will probably be up soon.

The lack of an IFCO logo would suggest it's either not being released in Ireland, or got a higher/lower certificate in Ireland. I doubt they'd give it a 12 or an 18, so I'm suggesting this is a UK-only limited release. (Universal do this with their TV shows.)

Looks to me like maybe Warner Bros. UK has inherrited the series from the WHV US acquisition and is just releasing it because it would be silly to have the rights and not use them. So hopefully they'll 'cheap out' and use the US masters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back