Upcoming Overseas Anime DVD Artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite like the cover art for the final volume of SAO:

3yRGjYih.jpg

As IncendiaryLemon has mentioned in the Overseas News thread, Aniplex of America will be releasing Persona 4 the Golden Animation on Blu-ray in two parts, the odd thing to note is that the anime will be subtitle only (even though the Persona 4 Golden game did receive an English dub like its original version, however we can assume they passed on this due to the negative reception towards the series, low expectations on sales and how this is directly aimed at those who played the game and seen the first anime only).

pkg01.jpg
pkg02.jpg

Persona 4 the Golden Animation - Volume 1
Release Date: July 21st | Region: ABC | Format: Blu-ray | Languages: Japanese | Price (SRP): $99.98
Special Features: PV & CM Collection, Textless Opening
Physical Features: Original Soundtrack CD 1, 24-page Deluxe Booklet, Postcard Set, Clear BD Cases with 2-sided Wraps

Persona 4 the Golden Animation - Volume 2
Release Date: September 29th | Region: ABC | Format: Blu-ray | Languages: Japanese | Price (SRP): $99.98
Special Features: Textless Ending
Physical Features: Original Soundtrack CD 2, 24-page Deluxe Booklet, Postcard Set, Clear BD Cases with 2-sided Wraps

That Aniplex pricing. Granted, you get quite a bit in physical extras but damn, P4:TGA is definitely not worth it, and that's coming from someone whose number one favourite game is Persona 4 Golden.

IncendiaryLemon said:
That Aniplex pricing. Granted, you get quite a bit in physical extras but damn, P4:TGA is definitely not worth it, and that's coming from someone whose number one favourite game is Persona 4 Golden.

I would agree with you there, it's my favourite game also. :) However I wouldn't buy this show, and I'll only ever watch it, if it gets an English Dub. (I'm so used to the english voices from the game.)

lelouchnarukami said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

I would agree with you there, it's my favourite game also. :) However I wouldn't buy this show, and I'll only ever watch it, if it gets an English Dub. (I'm so used to the english voices from the game.)
If you've played the game, it isn't worth watching really, even if it was in English. Whilst its a faithful enough adaptation, it does not translate well into anime at all. While the new scenes they added for P4G were all well and good as additions to the main story, on their own there is not enough substance to sustain a series, which clearly shows in the Anime as they start making stuff up that wasn't in P4 or P4G. Also, since they only adapt the Golden scenes, when watching the show on it's own it feels like a disjointed mess. New characters just appear out of nowhere with no context or introduction and as such there are huge gaps in time, where the original series/game took place and it just feels like a mess. All you're left with is a show that managed to adapt the Marie scenes fairly well, but I'm not a massive fan of Marie anyway, so that already kind of put a damper on my opinion before I saw a single frame, not to mention they actively change scenes to involve Marie more. Concert at Junes? Now Marie is in it! Top it all off with sub par animation that looks worse than the animated cut scenes from the game and it just comes off as a massive waste of time and money.

Those prices are crazy for only half cour sets - suppose it's nice you get the soundtracks, but even so.

It just kind of makes me laugh - fair enough lavish this kind of treatment on an amazing show, but pretty sure P4 Golden was panned when it aired.

As a huge Persona fan I am a little tempted just because it looks really nice and I like the physical extras but considering the price and the quality of the show, I'll have to pass.

Cannot wait for Sabagebu - hopefully Animatsu get that over here.

Argevollen - now that was a let down and a half of a mecha series...

Looks like Expelled from Paradise is officially done and prepared for shipping over at Rightstuf:

Expelled_from_Paradise.jpg

The Limited Edition Blu-ray film contains a slipcase with an extra Blu-ray disc with Making Of featurette and trailers plus a deluxe booklet and a pin-up card. All for $64.98 [£42.50] (SRP).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back