Upcoming Overseas Anime DVD Artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is (Apparently) the JoJo US release boxart

2FKZOGk.png

I say apparently as the only source I can find is this forum and I can't find anything by reverse image searching.

I really hope that's fake - it looks like the cover to a kids shonen series from 15 years ago.

Lutga said:
I really hope that's fake - it looks like the cover to a kids shonen series from 15 years ago.
Is this like the time I said I was surprised how much the new series Sailor Moon had stolen from Madoka Magica?

I'm pretty sure BBFC logos are a legal requirement. I've never seen any DVD or Blu Ray without one somewhere on the box. They could probably make a reversible cover without one though.

BBFC logos legally have to be on the front and rear of the case. They don't however have to be on the spine, but only ADV UK seemed aware of or willing to take advantage of that fact.

IncendiaryLemon said:
I'm pretty sure BBFC logos are a legal requirement. I've never seen any DVD or Blu Ray without one somewhere on the box. They could probably make a reversible cover without one though.

Correct. BBFC logos must be visible at the point of sale on the front and back I believe (not sure about spine). One of them also has to be the horrible white block with an explanation of the rating too.

External removable cards are the best way around this, but it increases the packaging cost slightly, so most don't bother, unfortunately.

Wish there were good pictures for the front of Chunibyo. I like the style of packing but I want to see what the front looks like. Is there a chance this is what the UK release will look like?

Not liking the Pizza box for Chuni, it looks flimsy & cheap. One style of packaging I despise.
It seems to be like Animatsu will be going rigid box for the UK release (if that's Manga rigid or Anime Limited ..who knows yet) ..we could have had that, close call that I'm happy we missed.

Hamatora looks quite nice though. Wouldn't surprise me if they release the show in the UK.

antonusklesk said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

Correct. BBFC logos must be visible at the point of sale on the front and back I believe (not sure about spine). One of them also has to be the horrible white block with an explanation of the rating too.

External removable cards are the best way around this, but it increases the packaging cost slightly, so most don't bother, unfortunately.
I'm pretty sure I've bought an artbox collection before and the outer clingfilm wrap had BBFC stickers on it and the box was clean :) I'm sure there's a work around to keep the box clean. It's not like this version is gonna show up in HMV :p

Oh yes some people do clean designs with removable outers like Anime Limited with some releases (high praise due). However most just include it on the main packaging so that its one process and if there are reprints it's ready to go. Stickers are a great idea except for the compulsory white box with description of the rating in which has to be specific to that title, meaning you can't stockpile that sticker.

Eww, the Kazé release of Chunibyo was in that ugly cardboard packaging? I bought their release of Journey to Agartha and it arrived warped and damaged in other ways. Definitely the worst packaging I've come across.

antonusklesk said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

Yes, the BBFC logos must be on the front and back covers of all UK releases, they can be removable stickers applied to the box under shrink wrap though like what BEEZ did with Durarara or on a small o-card like how Anime Limited are releasing Kill la Kill and are not required to be printed like how MVM did with the Fate/Zero art box(which ruins it a little bit). As for the logo on the spine, it is not a legal requirement unless the width of the spine is longer than 2cm like on those brick boxes that are used for season sets.

Looks like Ponycan USA will be releasing Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE! in three collector's edition sets instead of Funimation sorting it out, huh this is the first time in ages since something like this has happened where Funimation had the simulcast rights but the home video rights go to someone else (Blessing of the Campanella and Black Rock Shooter are the only two I recall getting in that situation).

Cute High Earth Defense Club LOVE!: Box 1 [Collector's Edition]
Release Date: August 10th | Region: ABC | Format: Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack | Languages: Japanese | Price (SRP): $89.98

j_102.jpg

Technical Specs:
- Subtitles: English and Spanish
- Episodes: 01-04
- Disc count: 3 (1 BD, 1 DVD, 1 CD)

Special Content:
- Short Animation 1~6
- Clean Opening
- Clean Ending
- TV Commercial Collections

Special Content (Premium Edition Exclusive):
- Exclusive Mega Tall size "DODEKA" Disc Case
- Exclusive “PONYCAN US” Plastic Slipcase
- Booklet which conteins Illustrations & lyrics; Let's sing in Japanese
- Photo-card
- Special CD!! performed by Earth Defense club (Kazutomi Yamamoto, Yuichiro Umehara, Kotaro Nishiyama, Yusuke Shirai, Toshiki Masuda)

Much better than FUNimation having the streaming rights and the home video version going to nobody!

I'm buying. Loved that show.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back