UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Aion said:
That Man said:
Aion said:
Battle Vixens: Box set (4 DVD?) - £7.99
Next best: £28.95

I'm guessing this series is all panty/boob shots; fan service 24/7. While that sort of thing isn't my cup of tea, I've ordered anyway since MVM sets are usually nice.
Look up 2 posts an you shall notice that I have already pointed this out :roll:

Learn to do links properly and I might have noticed.
My bad for not doing a direct link to it but it is mentioned in my post.

Play.Com have a new 2 for £10 sale up, though not much anime or manga present.

DVDs
Steamboy LINK
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (2 Disc) LINK
Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children (2 Discs) LINK
Metropolis (2 Discs) LINK

Manga
Battle Royale
I could only find the following volumes listed in the sale section:
1 3 5 6 7 9 10 12 13

Gunslinger Girl: Complete Collection - £15.93

There are 3 other stores that dropped their price at the same time - All 4 seem to be one and the same, all with different prices...

I highly recommend buying this - It's an excellent series and the box set is great, with all 3 normal sized cases in a sweet looking cover. I'd order it if I hadn't got Vol. 2 for £2.99 from Play awhile back.

After finding myself engrossed in The Count of Monte Cristo, I decided to take a break and go on the computer. To my surprise, I found the longest Find-DVD watchlist email ever.

In a nutshell, HMV have restarted their £5.99 sale. Chrono Crusade, Elfen Lied, Evangelion, Full Metal Panic, Hellsing... Everything linked to by myself previously in this thread, all for the same £5.99 prices.

There's also been some very nice additions:

Excel Saga: Volume 1 - £2.99
Excel Saga: Volume 2 - £2.99
Excel Saga: Volume 3 - £2.99
Excel Saga: Volume 4 - £2.99
Excel Saga: Volume 5 - £2.99
Excel Saga: Volume 6 - £2.99

^ The ADV Excel Saga license is up. It's now or never if you want R2 copies of Excel Saga.

Tekkonkinkreet - £4.99

Paprika - £4.99

Bleach: 1:1 - £9.99

Also, I noticed this when searching for more HMV anime goodies:

Afro Samurai: Bravo Edition - £4.99

^ I'm not sure if it's the same bravo edition Amazon once exclusively sold...

Must get Excel Saga!!

EDIT: Is it worth getting the volumes or the box set. The singles are a bit cheaper at £2.99 but I don't mind paying for the box if it's better.

The box looks a little pervy so it depends on if you want to display that, then the box set will probably have less extras on the discs but you'll get the art box. Depends on whether you prefer it to be cheaper and have an artbox or to come with postcards and have more extras on the disc. I have the seperate volumes and would like a box just because I like box art and it generally is a little smaller then so you can fit more stuff on your shelf, in your collection or whatever.

I think I'm gonna order the singles while they're cheap. The box doesn't look that great and I agree that the art is "a little pervy", hahah.

Maltos said:
EDIT: Is it worth getting the volumes or the box set. The singles are a bit cheaper at £2.99 but I don't mind paying for the box if it's better.
The boxset contains the exact same disks as in the single release.

Maltos said:
1,2,5 and 6 are in the post but 3 and 4 of Excel Saga are special order from the supplier.

My 2 (2 & 5) were on special order until today, and I ordered the DVD's not long after HMV lowered the price. Fear not.

Back