UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Aion said:
My 'Oh My Goddess' DVD's arrived. Both in black cases, 1 not sealed, print quality near perfect and no scratches/marks on the DVD's. While I was pleased enough with the quality for 99p each, I wouldn't recommend ordering them due to the VHS level video quality.
Just wanted to note that those particular releases are very old in MVM's catalogue and are from a time before they used clear DVD cases. (Riding Bean, Bubblegum Crisis, Urusei Yatsura 1+3 and the first couple Vampire Princess Miyu all fall within that bracket iirc) It's normal! :D

In terms of ADV's boxset sale. Last Exile is tempting, and perhaps possibly Slayers...

Has anyone had any update on their Le Chevalier D'Eon Vol. 1-3 Play order? :/ It's STILL listed a pre-order for the 19th of this month...

--------

I FINALLY have something new to post. :D

MVM Volume 1 Sale - £4.89 (Each)

Here's a list of the best in terms of the current next best price(s):

Ah! My Goddess
Next best: £13.93 (released in Feb)

Berserk
Next best: £13.93 (released in September)

Ergo Proxy
Next best: £13.93 (released in August)

Gun x Sword
Next best: £13.93 (released in March)

Speed Grapher
Next best: £13.93 (released in April)

Tenchi Muyo - OVAs
Next best: £13.93

Tenjho Tenge
Next best: £13.93

Trinity Blood
Next best: £13.93 (released in July)

For the interested, I went for Vol. 1 of Berserk since it's an awesome anime and Vol. 1 of Gun x Sword because I got a perfect copy of Vol. 2 for £1.99 from AOL.

Aion said:
Has anyone had any update on their Le Chevalier D'Eon Vol. 1-3 Play order? :/ It's STILL listed a pre-order for the 19th of this month...

I pre-ordered Chevalier Vol 4 from them and that was released on the 19th too and still nothing in the post. I rang them up yesterday and apparently the supplier is being slow in releasing the stock.

Nyu said:
Good stuff Aion, just bought Ergo Proxy and Berserk.

Yeah, I found Sendit.com's MVM sale earlier on today and I was delighted!

So far, I've ordered Berserk, but it's not in stock now ... what was the status when you ordered, Nyu?

Is Trinity Blood any good, btw?

Just passing through this thread - just a recommendation for anyone thinking of picking up Trinity Blood... The artbox that came with the first limited edition (R1) is.. well.. not really an artbox, it's more of a thick wooden case, not like anything you could relate to another anime-themed artbox design, it folds out with big metal attacher things. Quite exquisite, actually.

CitizenGeek said:
Nyu said:
Good stuff Aion, just bought Ergo Proxy and Berserk.

Yeah, I found Sendit.com's MVM sale earlier on today and I was delighted!

So far, I've ordered Berserk, but it's not in stock now ... what was the status when you ordered, Nyu?

Is Trinity Blood any good, btw?

Both are marked as "temporarily out of : reordered"

im not in a rush for them, Ergo Proxy is still £10-12 cheaper than anywhere else.

Gunslinger Girl: The Complete Collection - £18.97
(I've seen this in the shops and it's excellent value for money - All 3 normal sized volumes in a box.)

Elfen Lied: The Complete Collection - £21.95
(Finally, this set has dropped to a decent price!)

Nyu said:
Ergo Proxy and Berserk are being shipping now. still £10 cheaper than anywhere else. Nice selection of titles too.

Since the MVM sale, prices have dropped at various stores on volume 1 of Berserk and Ergo Proxy. Sendit is only cheaper by a few pence.

A fair amount of the stuff is cheaper at 101CD/Blah now, such as Vol. 1 of Gun x Sword at £4.48.

Elfen lied at £22 is a bargain and i urge anyone who hasnt got it but wants it get it at that price. I bought it for £13 A VOLUME! back in may.

I have had to return Le Chevalier d'Eon vol 4 to play.com TWICE now as they have not included the art card - third time lucky?? Won't be until after xmas at this rate!

Aion said:
Gunslinger Girl: The Complete Collection - £18.97
(I've seen this in the shops and it's excellent value for money - All 3 normal sized volumes in a box.)

Elfen Lied: The Complete Collection - £21.95
(Finally, this set has dropped to a decent price!)

Nyu said:
Ergo Proxy and Berserk are being shipping now. still £10 cheaper than anywhere else. Nice selection of titles too.

Since the MVM sale, prices have dropped at various stores on volume 1 of Berserk and Ergo Proxy. Sendit is only cheaper by a few pence.

A fair amount of the stuff is cheaper at 101CD/Blah now, such as Vol. 1 of Gun x Sword at £4.48.

Thank youuu Aion, I feel kinda glad that I passed over the Elfen Lied DVDs when they were £6 each on hmv.co.uk, now I get the art box and it's cheaper, yay ^,^ (assuming dvd.co.uk get the stock of course)

few more bargains on animeonline:

Ninja Scroll and bunch of other boxsets for £15 in a special boxset sale:
http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/home ... irection=0

Can anyone tell me what warrants an extra £15 for the tin boxset of the ninja scroll tv series as opposed to the original release, surely it's the same innards?

Also Gunsmith Cats is up for the excellent price of £2.99.
http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/prod ... t=0&page=1

My Le Chavy Don Vol. 1-3 set arrived today, finally. It was definitely part of a ADV/Play deal since all 3 were sealed together.

I don't like the covers... I wish they'd gone with the US covers instead. I was, however, pleased to see a fairly large booklet included with each volume.

DVD.co.uk: "We thought you would like to know that the following items have been successfully processed and will shortly be dispatched to you by Royal Mail First Class Post."

Elfen Lied - The Complete Collection - £22

YEEEESS :D

Aion I gave in and joined find-dvd, seems like a cool place to keep track of things, anyway right away I discovered there's jsut been a Patlabor 1+2 boxset released for £16 on hmv.co.uk, thanks god, I was never gonna buy those £40 special editions.

http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/BZ1795.htm

Back