UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Going mostly on the above Amazon picture:

- 1 huge box
- 1 box inside the huge box that holds the .hack//SIGN soundtracks (I think you get them with the other limited editions?)
- Different DVD cover
- Bigger DVD case
- Free ring-ding

Aion said:
Going mostly on the above Amazon picture:

- 1 huge box
- 1 box inside the huge box that holds the .hack//SIGN soundtracks (I think you get them with the other limited editions?)
- Different DVD cover
- Bigger DVD case
- Free ring-ding

You know you can always do with a free ring-ding

TokyoToys has series of vol DVDs for sale, form GSGs, NGE and Burst Angel all at £13.95 each or you have some of their boxsets like Burn Up Excess for £33.95.
The only problem is that at the time of this post, some of thier stock is sold out.

The handy thing about this though is that your able to purchase any figures at the same time (saving multiple accounts/payments)

International I noticed Right Stuf Internationals' price cuts. Something like .hack//legend for $23.99 instead of $40. the list is here which updates weekly. They doing international shipping, I just don't know how much it is, it could very from product

just like 'TokyoToys', handy if your planning on getting anything anime related.

Anime-On-Line have added 3 titles to their 99p section:

Bubblegum Crisis - Volume 3
Oh My Goddess! - Volume 1
Oh My Goddess! - Volume 2

http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/home ... irection=0

This will be my last order with Anime-On-Line for older series if they're all damaged goods. Decided to go for it since I've semi-wanted to see Oh My Goddess! for some time.

In other semi-related news, the "non-existent" 'MANG7001' set has now appeared on Anime-On-Line with a picture...

http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/prod ... 210&page=1

Aion said:
This will be my last order with Anime-On-Line for older series if they're all damaged goods. Decided to go for it since I've semi-wanted to see Oh My Goddess! for some time.
Cheers Aion. I've been thinking about getting Oh My Goddess! as well. Can you tell me though, what you mean by "damaged goods" please?

And does anyone know if Oh My Goddess! is suitable for children? It does look rather innocent, but is there any nudity/sex in it, or is it a nice 'clean' show? Cheers.<BR><BR>

- Scratched/marked discs.
- Different coloured DVD cases.
- Badly printed covers.
- Unsealed.

AOL admitted in an email to me that they sell returned/ex-rental goods in the cheap section. They do also sell some brand new stuff for cheap - I got Requiem From The Darkness 1&2 + Gun x Sword 2 in perfect condition, plus a few others.

Aion said:
- Scratched/marked discs.
- Different coloured DVD cases.
- Badly printed covers.
- Unsealed.

AOL admitted in an email to me that they sell returned/ex-rental goods in the cheap section. They do also sell some brand new stuff for cheap - I got Requiem From The Darkness 1&2 + Gun x Sword 2 in perfect condition, plus a few others.
It's a consumer's right to be able to return stuff, but more often than not the one who buys it trashes the item first. It's unfair to expect MVM to take the loss of revenue as the actual condition of the item's not their fault. (I've been in the same position so I can sympathise)

I've had a few sale titles from them. I've had unsealed and poor covers from them, but the DVDs still worked fine and they were dirt cheap so I don't mind too much. Oh yeah and I got a playboy insert too though I took that in good humour. :lol:

The problem is that AOL don't say the 99p DVD's are in any worse condition than expensive stuff.

I'd be fine with it since I've got some serious bargains from them if not for me buying Vol. 2-4 of Lain for £4.99 each and getting them in the same poor condition you'd get with 99p DVD's. I don't trust them.

minister3333 said:
Aion said:
Cheers Aion. I've been thinking about getting Oh My Goddess! as well. Can you tell me though, what you mean by "damaged goods" please?

And does anyone know if Oh My Goddess! is suitable for children? It does look rather innocent, but is there any nudity/sex in it, or is it a nice 'clean' show? Cheers.<BR><BR>

Volume 1 is rated 12, and as I recall it does get risque, but there isn't any nudity/sex per se. It's talked about/implied but never seen.

Volume 2 is rated U

As for AOL's policy... As I understand it, the returned goods are unsold stock from retailers, not returned discs from grumpy customers.
At 99p, packaging is just a bonus to me. So I'm not going to argue as long as the disc plays fine. At £4.99 it becomes a little more important.

I'm not bothered about Playboy inserts. That's what bins are for. If you are buying as a gift, there is a notes section on the order form, you can ask them to make sure that it's 'clean' before it's sent out. As for damaged discs. So far of everything I have bought, one R.O.D The TV disc had a minor surface scratch on it, and it played fine.

The only disc I had to have replaced was a Vampire Princess Miyu disc. That was actually a manufacturing fault. The disc looked pristine, but it kept on skipping and spun off balance in my player (buzzing noise). They sent out a replacement in 2 days.

Zone of the Enders is an ADV title, not MVM. The only DVD's you will receive from AOL with quality issues are MVM ones.

Btw, my Yugo 1-4 DVD's arrived today, all purchased from the newest ADV sale. £2 each and, as ever with cheap ADV stuff, all in perfect condition.

Edit: Oh, and someone mentioned Miyu? My 99p Miyu DVD arrived in awful condition - Wrong case, terrible print quality on the cover, the cover doesn't fit the case correctly, the DVD damaged but working. I couldn't be bothered to pay to send back a 99p DVD.

Aion said:
In other semi-related news, the "non-existent" 'MANG7001' set has now appeared on Anime-On-Line with a picture...

Now I'm seriosuly MAD!, I must've spent about £80 for all the special edition GITS: SAC 1st Gig DVDs and the special metal tin with the laughing man tshirt, so for my extra £30 I got a crappy tshirt, woo, wish I'd waited now. :x stoopid me

Still waiting on my Yugo DVDs.

Raz23 said:
Aion said:

Now I'm seriosuly MAD!, I must've spent about £80 for all the special edition GITS: SAC 1st Gig DVDs and the special metal tin with the laughing man tshirt, so for my extra £30 I got a crappy tshirt, woo, wish I'd waited now. :x stoopid me

Still waiting on my Yugo DVDs.

I'm seriously annoyed about missing out on getting the limited edition set for under £30 From Amazon. I should've picked First Class/Next Day delivery straight away... I didn't know it was a limited edition set. :'(

Aion any chance of you emailing Chris to see what the next batch of ADV deals will be and when, what's the email address you used to contact him anyway?

hopeful_monster said:
More sales from ADV, boxsets this time including Elfen Lied, New Fist of the North Star, Chrono Crusade and Hellsing , here. Only problem is I already own most of it.

Not really the kind of sale items I was expecting after what we've been getting recently, can't see any I'd buy at those prices, heck you can find most of them cheaper on other sites. They're almost all boxsets and most are around £30-£45 with the odd one or two for £10-£20 each.

Yup, ADV have stopped being so generous, sadly... Everything in this sale is cheaper elsewhere, by a considerable margin in most cases. The signs they were going to stop were there in the previous sale.

So you lot wouldn't recommend buying from AoL then? ( Bugger, cos that's the only place I can find what I want. :( )

As for ADV, I have to agree, it's a pretty naff sale. I already own the ones I want out of that lot and I bought most of them for cheaper than their 'sale' price. :?

Tasker said:
So you lot wouldn't recommend buying from AoL then? ( Bugger, cos that's the only place I can find what I want. :( )

Luck will deicide if it's worth it. There's no guarantee how good or bad the stuff will be, but you can rest assured that most of the stuff won't be sealed in PERFECT condition. In my opinion, it's worth the risk at 99p/£1.99...just make sure you stay away from the £4.99 DVD's.

My 'Oh My Goddess' DVD's arrived. Both in black cases, 1 not sealed, print quality near perfect and no scratches/marks on the DVD's. While I was pleased enough with the quality for 99p each, I wouldn't recommend ordering them due to the VHS level video quality.

Back