UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Aqua Age 2 and the rest of ZOE arrived today. Age Age 2 has a broken disc holder and 2/3 of the ZOE discs were loose, most likely due to the "special care" the Royal Mail took to get my items to me.

Anyway, I just had a rather interesting find when searching for GitS on Find-DVD:

http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/MANG7001.htm

Going on the RRP, this is all 52 episodes of GitS. What's bothering me is the fact no-one seems to have any idea when it's coming out...searching for 'MANG7001' on Google didn't help. I put an order in with Amazon for the hell of it.

Aion said:
Le Chevalier D'Eon: Vol. 1 - 3 (Play.com Exclusive) -- £15.99

^ Not a bad price at all when the best for Vol. 2 and 3 separately is currently £13.43 each.

the fools have raised the price to £22.99!

for those that have already ordered it on play.com, check your account or standing orders to see if they have changed the prices.

i was interested in picking it up for that £15.99 price but not for £23

Aion said:
This one might interest those who picked up ZOE: Vol. 1 from Anime-On-Line:

You can get 4/5 of the remaining volumes for £2.29 + 8% QuidCo from 101CD/Blah (5% QuidCo with Blah), the remaining volume priced at £2.89. You can also get the movie, Idolo, for £2.29 to complete your ZOE anime collection.

Zone of the Enders: Idolo - £2.29
Zone of the Enders: Delores - Vol. 2 -- £2.29
Zone of the Enders: Delores - Vol. 3 -- £2.89
Zone of the Enders: Delores - Vol. 4 -- £2.29
Zone of the Enders: Delores - Vol. 5 -- £2.29
Zone of the Enders: Delores - Vol. 6 -- £2.29

Bizarrely, Vol.2 is now £14.59??? :?

^ Those ZOE DVD prices were posted ages ago. They stayed at the prices shown in my post for a lengthy period.

Ninja Boy! said:
Aion said:
Le Chevalier D'Eon: Vol. 1 - 3 (Play.com Exclusive) -- £15.99

^ Not a bad price at all when the best for Vol. 2 and 3 separately is currently £13.43 each.

the fools have raised the price to £22.99!

for those that have already ordered it on play.com, check your account or standing orders to see if they have changed the prices.

i was interested in picking it up for that £15.99 price but not for £23

The wrong RRP was put - £22.99 instead of £29.99. The price went up £7 with the RRP.

They won't change the price of your order. I'd be more afraid of them cancelling, but there's a chance they'll honour it with the misprice only being £7.

Raz23 said:
Anyone had their GadGuard collection arrive from ADV yet, I know they always take a while but I'm just curious.

All 9 of my ADV DVD's arrived the day before last.

These emails may interest you:

Chris Jones (ADV) said:
As stated on our websire when you ordered, no orders would be posted until the 8th October, when I returned to work on the 8th October there were so many orders it took me a day and a half to print them of the computer, then there were Royal Mail strikes that delayed any postings. Also as I said earlier today, we have been away at a convention which took me away from the office from Thursday, until today. So it's not just your order that has been delayed, there are lots of orders that still need to be processed.

I am the only person that deals with the internet orders and before we started these internet sales there were no problems, but the sales have increased massivly and I can't keep up with them. Not only do I deal with the internet orders but I deal with other shops that buy product from us. Review DVDs for magazines and websites are dealt by me as well. I have to keep records of all stock movement by post and courier and due to the increased orders it takes longer to update my records. More parcels means it takes longer to prepare the orders for posting.

I was at our head office talking about the time it takes to process orders and I have suggested to my superiors that if things carry on the way they are, we are going to have to hire a member of staff to help me.

I am sorry for the delay.

Chris Jones (ADV) said:
Thanks for your patience.

We intend to keep running these sales into next year even if I don't get any help.

Raz23 said:
Anyone had their GadGuard collection arrive from ADV yet, I know they always take a while but I'm just curious.

I haven't recieved mines yet. But i did get my Cromartie High School dvds in a timely manner. I must say i am very happy i bought them at that price.

Aion said:
^ Those ZOE DVD prices were posted ages ago. They stayed at the prices shown in my post for a lengthy period.
Hey, no worries Aion. It's just me being slow on the uptake. Actually cheers for posting the Z.O.E. DVDs in the first place... I'm off to buy some now. :)<BR><BR>

Chris (I now love the guy) just answered my when and what questions about the next ADV sale:

Chris Jones (ADV) said:
I've just been told that the sale starts on Friday 2nd November and will include the following titles.
Gilgamesh 1-7
Hellsing 1
Gravion 1-3
Ninja ressurection
This Ugly yet Beautiful World 1

And available for the weekend only
yugo 1-4
Excel 1 and 6
Final Fantasy 4-7
Full metal panic 4
Pretear 3 and 4

I'm keeping the lube on ice until the prices are shown.

This may have already been metioned, but..

if any of you have an ebay account, you can pick up some pretty nice deals their. For a full 26 ep anime you can pick up a colleters boxset, only 3 disks, at £20. A 13 ep anime (like DearS) you can pick up for £14.

The boxsets are on a cardboard cover, that holdd 3 DVDs for the whole series, which is brill, as it dosn't take up as much room as bying each single DVD.

The only pain is to wait for the series to come out.

26 episodes on 3 DVDs doesn't sound terribly genuine to me. The problem with Ebay is the huge amount of fakes and copies being sold on there. Be veeeery carfull, for bootleg alerts :wink:

Well have you seen any of then, there are plenty of photos to go by,they seem pretty authentic to m.

plus, most of them have Japanese printed on the back

[wait a minute that means noting]

well OK, how can I tell that these DVD's are not bootleg, is there a ID number or some inprint I should look for.

if you mean regian free then yeah

guess I by bootlegs, i think I can live with that though
(plus they work, which is a bonus)

Though I tell you what, it is hard to tell what is/not authentic[/quote]

Back