UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Raz23 said:
So what with all this crazy Geneon bowing out of the anime industry in the US anyone know if this will effect my order for the complete Last Exile series off hmv.co.uk or are they still distributing over here?

Last Exile is one of the series that is definitely safe. ADV's Last Exile released was arranged directly with Gonzo. Geneon have nothing to do with it, or any other Geneon title that ADV have over here.

I haven't really delved that far into it but strangely Asda seem to have some good deals going for anime at the moment, from the couple of prices ive found they at least match the other "big" sites like hmv and play. Certainly one to keep an eye on though i doubt they have many sales - i could be wrong though.

I've gotta say though.....it feels really really really wierd buying anime from asda. What the hell?

This one might interest those who picked up ZOE: Vol. 1 from Anime-On-Line:

You can get 4/5 of the remaining volumes for £2.29 + 8% QuidCo from 101CD/Blah (5% QuidCo with Blah), the remaining volume priced at £2.89. You can also get the movie, Idolo, for £2.29 to complete your ZOE anime collection.

Zone of the Enders: Idolo - £2.29
Zone of the Enders: Delores - Vol. 2 -- £2.29
Zone of the Enders: Delores - Vol. 3 -- £2.89
Zone of the Enders: Delores - Vol. 4 -- £2.29
Zone of the Enders: Delores - Vol. 5 -- £2.29
Zone of the Enders: Delores - Vol. 6 -- £2.29

You're bargain anime finding skills amaze me

WHAAAT! all so cheap, makes the complete boxset a joke at £46, definitely buying the rest (£13 for yet another complete series :D ) hmm wonder if their selling any other cheap anime on there.

It's weird that 101cd and blahdvd have stayed seperate even though both sites are exactly the same now, guess it saves from the confusion of merging them.

Found Puni Puni Poemy for £5 which has been over £15 everywhere else for some time, worth getting if you liked Excel Saga, pity their out of stock at the moment though.

Did anyone buy the Shinkai Collection, I'm such a huge fan of his work that even though I already have both the films I'm tempted to get it just for the 44 page book.

Everything out of stock now - Half was still in stock when I posted. 3/6 of my order got posted today, 2 of the remaining 3 being out of stock and the other (Vol. 5) is stuck at 'Ready To Ship'...

The booklet is very nice for a fan, giving detailed descriptions of what unexplained terms mean and generally adding more detail, to VoaDS in particular. I wouldn't say it's worth paying £10 for if you already have the DVD's, though.

I bring good news! ADV have a new selection in their awesome special offer section - Only just done since they haven't updated the actual special offer section yet.

http://www.advfilms.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

Gad Guard 1-6 (6 includes Vol. 7?) - £1 each
Dai Guard 1-6 - £2 each
Najica Blitz Tactics 2 - £1
Mahoromatic 3 - £1
RahXephon 2 - £1
SIN - £2

--------

Edit: For those interested, here are price comparisons for all of the new ADV special offer DVD's:

Dai Guard:

1-6
Next best: £3.99

Gad Guard:

1, 2, 3 and 5
Next best: £4.99

4 and 6
Next best: £3.97 + £1.45 delivery

Mahoromatic 3
Next best: £8.99

Najica Blitz Tactics 2
Next best: £5.39

RahXephon 2
Next best: £4.97 + £1.45 delivery

Sin - The Motion Picture
Next best: £4.97 + £1.45 delivery

Just posting to say the special offer section is now working again: http://www.advfilms.co.uk/acatalog/SPECIAL_OFFERS.html

There's lots of stuff listed aside from what's already been said. Everything extra is £4 and above, nearly all of it selling for what it's currently (or has recently) selling for.

Vol. 1-10 are listed for £4.99 each. This is the average price really, so they aren't bargains at these prices, but it's worth a mention since Get Backers is one of my favourite series. I recently imported the 2 R1 slimpak box sets for around £21 each.

Aion said:
I bring good news! ADV have a new selection in their awesome special offer section - Only just done since they haven't updated the actual special offer section yet.

Do you have some sort of special connection at ADV to find out about these deals early then?

Awesome finds all the same, any idea if Gad Guard is worth watching, seems to be about 24 eps long, and for £6 that's damn good, but all the same if it's a rubbish series it's wasted money and time.

Raz23 said:
Aion said:
Do you have some sort of special connection at ADV to find out about these deals early then?
Doubt it, think he's signed up to the ADV news e-mails. Just finding it amazing that they can sell them at this price. Only thing i can think of is that the licenses are running out and they don't want to be stuck with a lot of stock they can't shift. Heard at one of the expo's that they have a huge stock of Gasaraki DVD's that since the license ran out they can't even give away. Since it costs them money to store them and they can't toss them out (it's an asset worth money even if they can't shift it).

neat, I was hoping to get the rest of Dai Guard. I got the first dvd in a Mecharobots pack cause my unbelievable luck meant I could never ever find volume 1 of FMP, no matter where I looked.

Also getting the first volume of Jinki Extend now that i've seen it on Anime Network.

More good news, with some bad news for those slow to order:

Vol. 2 of Gun x Sword has dropped to the £1.99 section on Anime-On-Line, replacing Vol. 2 of Requiem From The Darkness and Vol. 6 of Samurai 7, which have gone back up to £4.99.

http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/product.php?productid=17008&cat=7&page=1

No idea why it's so cheap, Vol. 2 only came out in May this year. Gun x Sword isn't a bad series...

Edit: Changed link. Use the loophole while you can!

Ordered every volume of Gad Guard, couldn't resist for £6, if it's rubbish I'm sure I can find someone who'll want it. Wonder how that last volume's gonna work "A DVD-only release, containing both volume 6 (three complete episodes) and volume 7 (three complete episodes)", maybe with both Vols 6 and 7 on the same disc, or maybe we get both discs for £1. :D
I wonder how many more series ADV are gonna sell like this, have they been selling old anime off like this for a while or is it a pretty recent occurrence.

Raz23 said:
Ordered every volume of Gad Guard, couldn't resist for £6, if it's rubbish I'm sure I can find someone who'll want it. Wonder how that last volume's gonna work "A DVD-only release, containing both volume 6 (three complete episodes) and volume 7 (three complete episodes)", maybe with both Vols 6 and 7 on the same disc, or maybe we get two discs for £1. :D

Just went and bought them all £5.99 is nothing for a series. Even if it is utter rubbish then what the hell, its the price of a movie ticket.

Nyu said:
Raz23 said:
Ordered every volume of Gad Guard, couldn't resist for £6, if it's rubbish I'm sure I can find someone who'll want it. Wonder how that last volume's gonna work "A DVD-only release, containing both volume 6 (three complete episodes) and volume 7 (three complete episodes)", maybe with both Vols 6 and 7 on the same disc, or maybe we get two discs for £1. :D

Just went and bought them all £5.99 is nothing for a series. Even if it is utter rubbish then what the hell, its the price of a movie ticket.

Fewth, ordered just in time, everythings out of stock now. 8)

Back