UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

There hasn't been anything worth posting for awhile now. Rest assured that when there is something worth posting about it will be posted.

For now, here are 2 links I neglected to add to my my post with the Excel Saga volumes for £2.99 each and a fair few others:

Memories - £3.99
Tokyo Godfathers - £3.99

Both are HIGGLY rated, just like the 2 £4.99 films I also linked to in the Excel Saga post. Since anime films very rarely drop below £3.99, it's a good idea to get them now with 9% QuidCo if you want them.

These I'm posting below have been around for awhile. I hadn't posted them until now because they have been cheaper in the past.

Gad Guard: Vol. 1 - £3.89
Gad Guard: Vol. 2 - £3.89
Gad Guard: Vol. 3 - £3.89
Gad Guard: Vol. 4 - £3.89
Gad Guard: Vol. 5 - £3.89
Gad Guard: Vol. 6 - £3.89

^ I got all the above for £1 each from one of the past ADV clearance sales.

Zone of the Enders: Vol. 1 - £3.89
Zone of the Enders: Vol. 2 - £3.89
Zone of the Enders: Vol. 3 - £3.89
Zone of the Enders: Vol. 4 - £3.89
Zone of the Enders: Vol. 5 - £3.89
Zone of the Enders: Vol. 6 - £3.89
Zone of the Enders: Idolo - £3.89

^ Play also have all the ZoE DVD's for £3.99.

I got these DVD's awhile back when 101CD/Blah had them for £2.20-£2.70 each.

According to eyeonanime there is supposed to be another ADV sale starting today, in HMV and on their site but I can't find it on the HMV site.

Aion said:
Excellent prices. I'd be ordering in an instant if they weren't Mangle releases and the first set didn't have severe subtitle issues; the subtitles and audio being out of sync. Buy only if you watch anime in English.
Dude, it's under twenty quid for a whole series, less than £5 for each disc. I think you can let a couple minor problem slide...

I've only seen the first series so far but I thought the audio was only a problem on the first edition of the first movie, I never noticed anything with the series at all. (the subtitle fonts changed between volumes, but wasn't too big an issue from what I saw)

Not being able to watch anime in Japanese is not a minor problem for me when I always watch every anime in Japanese at least once, very rarely even going near the dub. I won't touch an anime DVD if it's dub or nothing.

Mangle releases are much cheaper than the competition for a reason: Low quality. It's very rare to find a Mangle release without some sort of issue, they're a joke company.

-------

The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Fury - £1.96

Zone of the Enders: Vol. 3 - £1.99

Martian Successor Nadesico: Vol. 5 - £2.96

Millennium
Actress - £3.99

She: The Ultimate Weapon - Another Love Song OVA -- £3.99

Street Fighter II: Special Edition - £3.99

Eureka 7: Vol. 8 - £4.99

She: The Ultimate Weapon - Complete Series and Another Love Song OVA -- £12.99

Back