UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Looks like Samurai X is sold out at choicesuk as well (and the reason the links don't display properly is because they have an exclamation mark in them). They're pretty much sold out of all anime, but they still have Elfen Lied for £14.99 and Inuyasha - Season One - Episodes 1-12 (2 discs) for £7.99.

Someone on the last page mentioned thehut.com with Hellsing and Samurai X for £17.93 each. Well over the bank holiday you can get 10% off if you spend £30 or more by using the code 'Sale10'. So you might want to look at:
Heat Guy J - £7.43
http://www.thehut.com/hut/8553157.product
Dai Guard - £27.93
http://www.thehut.com/hut/8596511.product
Gad Guard - £27.93
http://www.thehut.com/hut/8596512.product
Zone of the Enders - £27.93
http://www.thehut.com/hut/8616448.product
Last Exile - £31.93
http://www.thehut.com/hut/8620867.product

I paid £5.99 per volume for Elfen Lied. One volume had a smashed case (had to replace) and Vol. 3-4 are German versions (cover in English, with the English dub/sub included). :|

------

None of these links are going to work properly due to the '!' ChoicesUK have in their addresses... AnimeUK seemingly has something against that. You'll have to copy and paste.

Chrono Crusade: Vol. 2 - £3.99
Next best: £5.99

Guyver: The Bioboosted Armour - Vol. 3 -- £3.99
Next best: £7.82

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Vol. 2 -- £3.99
Next best: £5.99

Planetes: Vol. 2 - £3.99
Next best: £13.49

Howl's Moving Castle (2 DVD) - £4.99
Next best: £11.99

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny: Vol. 6 - £4.99
Next best: £13.95

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny: Vol. 7 - £4.99

Rumbling Hearts: Vol. 1 - £5.99
Next best: £7.99

Rumbling Hearts: Vol. 2 - £5.99

Rumbling Hearts: Vol. 3 - £5.99

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny: Vol. 8 - £6.99

Inuyasha: Vol. 1 (2 DVD) - £7.99
Next best: £15.89

Tactics: Series 1; Part 2 (3 DVD) - £7.99
Next best: £11.99

Rumbling Hearts is tempting when the series has only 3 volumes. I think I'll wait until the remaining 2 volumes I need hit £5 since the 1 volume I have is R1.

By the way, does anyone know if Inuyasha has a faulty 2nd DVD? I read a review on Amazon that said it does.

Just noticed all current volumes of Mushishi are £8 on play.com. You don't want to miss this series, especially at such a price!

Espy said:
Just noticed all current volumes of Mushishi are £8 on play.com. You don't want to miss this series, especially at such a price!

Yes I do want to miss it at that price. :|

Aion said:
Espy said:

Yes I do want to miss it at that price. :|

Ignore Aion on this one if you want it pick it up it is well worth it, I don't think the US ones I have were even as cheap as this. But I do love the box and sleeves on the the R1 set.

Tokko Complete Series (5 Discs) - £12.99

Note: due to the dubtitles present in Tokko R2, only buy if you watch your anime dubbed. The R1 boxset can be picked up on Up1 for a few quid more.

Tachi- said:
Rog said:

omg!!! ALREADY HAVE THAT DVD BUT IT'S WELL WORTH BUYING A SECOND COPY JUST FOR THE TACHIKOMA AND T SHIRT!!

then i'll give the dvd to a kid and then i've done my bit to populate the anime comunnity ;)

Does anyone have this ltd edition version?
I'm tempted by the tin (im a sucker for them) plus both the reviews on Play mention that the tin can fit both gigs in. This true? Cos it would have to be a pretty meaty tin to fit 14 discs in.

Rog said:
Tachi- said:
Rog said:

omg!!! ALREADY HAVE THAT DVD BUT IT'S WELL WORTH BUYING A SECOND COPY JUST FOR THE TACHIKOMA AND T SHIRT!!

then i'll give the dvd to a kid and then i've done my bit to populate the anime comunnity ;)

I'm tempted by the tin (im a sucker for them) plus both the reviews on Play mention that the tin can fit both gigs in. This true? Cos it would have to be a pretty meaty tin to fit 14 discs in.

Depends on what it means by "the tin can fit both gigs in" is that- the gig boxsets where the dvd cases are thin or does it mean proper dvd case size?

okay if i buy it how much do you think it'd be to send you the tin in the post?? :lol:

ryuzaki said:
Tokko Complete Series (5 Discs) - £12.99

Note: due to the dubtitles present in Tokko R2, only buy if you watch your anime dubbed. The R1 boxset can be picked up on Up1 for a few quid more.

Watch mine dubbed, might get that looks quite violent :twisted:

I have the thinpacks for both GIGs, but also the 1st GIG singles w/ tin. To answer your question, one tin will hold 7 singles, but is big enough to hold both GIGs in thinpack form.

Back