UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Received a transaction log for my account from Music Magpie and it shows the last transaction being at the end of July. They seem to have no idea why I was charged. This is looking more and more like a fraudulent transaction. :(

So your credit card shows a "Music Magpie" transaction for the fee we're discussing? They should be able to tie the transaction number you have with their system.

So your credit card shows a "Music Magpie" transaction for the fee we're discussing? They should be able to tie the transaction number you have with their system.
Thats just it, I sent them a record of the transaction but the payment doesn't appear in their system.

They said while the amount appears previously, the last record they have of the card being charged is July 31st when I ordered the last volume of SAO II I needed.

Last edited:
Thats just it, I sent them a record of the transaction but the payment doesn't appear in their system.

They said while the amount appears previously, the last record they have of the card being charged is July 31st when I ordered the last volume of SAO II I needed.
I think you need to contact your card supplier and tell them that transaction is fraudulent and that you didn't authorise it.

I think you need to contact your card supplier and tell them that transaction is fraudulent and that you didn't authorise it.
Yeah, I've done that now. Just needed to exhaust all options with Music Magpie first as chargeback fees incurred by the vendor for fraudulent transactions are extremely high. I included screen caps of their correspondance stating that they did not charge my card.

My card company are telling me that the transaction is a delayed payment for my order of Tokyo Ghoul Root A CE on June 19th.

I now have to wait for Music Magpie to get back in touch.

The funny thing is the order that got billed is for the second copy of the CE I ordered which I was refunded for as it never arrived and not the first order for which they later sent out the standard edition.

Wtf is going on :confused:.

In fairness the card company has stated that they have had issues with delayed transactions recently and I can see myself getting refunded for it as even Music Magpie seem to think the payment was erroneous.

Have now been refunded.

Last edited:
All manga and light novels are half price on Book Walker(upto the total value of ¥10,000) using the code black16.

Oof, very tempted to take advantage of that. The only thing I dislike is that it would further split my stuff across different apps. Admittedly, I don't have much, but I have a few Light Novels via Amazon, a few Manga via Comixology, and if I got manga on BookWalker, I'd be on my third ecosystem >_>

Still, all five current School Live volumes for £18 though...

Zavvi Black Friday BDs
Blood Lad CE - £17.99
Space Dandy S2 CE - £24.99
Gurren Lagann: The Complete Collection - £15.99
Durarara!! LE - £12.99
009 Re:Cyborg - £17.99
Porco Rosso: Double Play - £12.99
Cowboy Bebop: Complete Collection - £30.99
Howl's Moving Castle: Double Play - £12.99
Princess Mononoke: Double Play - £12.99
Bayonetta: Bloody Fate: Steelbook - £7.99
Ninja Scroll: Double Play Steelbook - £8.99
Fullmetal Alchemist: Ultimate Edition - £124.99
Outlaw Star: Zavvi Exclusive CE - £39.99

Zavvi Black Friday DVDs
Elfen Lied: Anime Classics Complete Collection - £12.99
Cowboy Bebop Collection - £9.99
Gurren Lagan CE - £9.99
HAL - £6.99
RahXephon - £10.99
Outlaw Star - £8.99
Marvel Anime Boxset - £9.99

Surf's up! Kinda meh this year, esp. since I got most last year, but my poor wallet is thanking Zavvi for that.

Kind of want Space Dandy S2 since I have the CE of S1, but at the same time, I didn't really like S2 all that much. Kind of wish it was at that price all the time so I could get it not so close to Christmas when I'm trying to tighten my purse strings a little.

Don't know if you noticed, but all the Ghibli films seem to be £12.99. Out of curiosity, what Ghibli film would people recommend I pick up? I own Spirited Away and Mononoke, but that's it. I don't own Totoro, but I have seen it, so preferably not that.

Kind of want Space Dandy S2 since I have the CE of S1, but at the same time, I didn't really like S2 all that much. Kind of wish it was at that price all the time so I could get it not so close to Christmas when I'm trying to tighten my purse strings a little.

Don't know if you noticed, but all the Ghibli films seem to be £12.99. Out of curiosity, what Ghibli film would people recommend I pick up? I own Spirited Away and Mononoke, but that's it. I have seen Totoro, but don't own it, so preferably not that, since I've seen it.

I only included things flagged as anime on the Black Friday portion of their site. (Except the live action Iron Man trilogy, because "anime"?!)

I decided to grab Durarara. If I remember there was an issue with the discs in this set?

For the price though I'm willing to grab it since I've been wanting to try durarara for awhile

I decided to grab Durarara. If I remember there was an issue with the discs in this set?

For the price though I'm willing to grab it since I've been wanting to try durarara for awhile

The subtitles are mistimed on some episodes (I personally didn't notice) and there are no sign tracks for the dub.

Don't know if you noticed, but all the Ghibli films seem to be £12.99. Out of curiosity, what Ghibli film would people recommend I pick up? I own Spirited Away and Mononoke, but that's it. I don't own Totoro, but I have seen it, so preferably not that.
My favourite Ghibli films are Whisper of the Heart and Only Yesterday. Out of those two, I suspect you'd prefer Whisper of the Heart. I probably liked From Up On Poppy Hill more than many, I think it sometimes gets overlooked. Tales of Earthsea is probably the one people would warn you off of but they all have their good and bad points and they're maybe all worth seeing at least once.

Back