UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Buzzkillington

Combat Butler
Aw I got excited there as I thought that included Log Horizon :( ah well, I probably shouldn't be spending anymore money on cartoons just now anyway.....

Last edited:

Lutga

Mad Scientist
That's a bargain for Letter to Momo - would definitely recommend grabbing it for that price - it's a stunning looking movie on Blu Ray.

Otaku-san

Chuunibyou
Huh they done a dub that was a surprise, and not heard of Zavvi before. glad to see theres some other outlet since Play.com collapsed

Lutga

Mad Scientist
I have to admit I'm amazed Zavvi is still going. Even Play/Rakuten has folded by this point. I mean, Zavvi can't exactly have blockbusting sales, can they?

crashmatt

Death Scythe
I have to admit I'm amazed Zavvi is still going. Even Play/Rakuten has folded by this point. I mean, Zavvi can't exactly have blockbusting sales, can they?
Zavvi and Base etc probably do ok. they have no high street overheads and sell a range of products other than games & blu rays. there is still a market for physical media. Who would have thought vinyl would still be going. Rakuten didn't fold they re- focused the business to other countries in Europe where they have a stronger presence.

Last edited:

bailey1985

Vampire Ninja
One of the higher ups from zavvi was on BBC News the other morning they're talking about the economy and how brexit is affecting their businesses and how it may affect their businesses in the future. He was only talking for about one minute but from what he was saying it sounds like they're doing quite well.

Lutga

Mad Scientist
I guess my point is, at this point, what's to separate Zavvi from the countless other anonymous warehouse sellers on the likes of Amazon marketplace? When the prices all kind of merge into an easy equilibrium, aren't they all just variations of a man selling stock out of a mail order warehouse. How many of the 'same' thing can a market as small as the UK sustain, especially when it's dominated by giants like Amazon?