UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

For 11 eps no way. Not until I see it

When you buy AoA releases that have 4 episodes on them for more than that, you're just inviting someone to call you out on that. Not hating, just saying before someone else does :p

Anyway, if anyone is on the fence, the AUKN review of The Tatami Galaxy should be out in the coming days, so look out for that if you're needing a push!

When you buy AoA releases that have 4 episodes on them for more than that, you're just inviting someone to call you out on that. Not hating, just saying before someone else does :p

Anyway, if anyone is on the fence, the AUKN review of The Tatami Galaxy should be out in the coming days, so look out for that if you're needing a push!

He doesn't buy AoA sets he hasn't seen. He's not insane...

UK prices I'm talking about £40 for 11 eps UK is expensive

To be honest I was thinking the exact thing Lemon said. £40 for a niche title is reasonable in my opinion, much better than £120ish for 11 eps from other distributors.

It's always up to the end buyer at the end of the day, it's your cash spend it as you wish.

£40 for The Tatami Galaxy when you can buy 26 eps of Fairy Tail for £9.99

(I jest, of course...)

Fairy Tail is actually £15 for 26 episodes, don't be silly. It was £4 for the first half of Parasyte you should have quoted*...

*Actual genuine Amazon price at one point.

But I think most of you are missing the point. TTG is a gamble for most people, it's not widely streaming (it's on Animax), it's obscure, the artstyle is weird, the staff has a reputation, but not a body of work many will have seen. So £40 as a "cheap" price is still too high for a lot of people.

It might be cheap compared to AoA or for what it is or for whatever reasons you can concoct to justify it within your head, but it is not "cheap", no anime release is. And yes there are valid reasons why, but it is not our job as consumers to account for those in our purchasing decisions. If it's too expensive for somebody to blind buy, it's too expensive for them to blind buy. It is not their fault.

Collector's Editions are nice, but people here are kidding themselves if they don't think their CE habit is excluding people and potentially doing niche titles a disservice.

Collector's Editions are nice, but people here are kidding themselves if they don't think their CE habit is excluding people and potentially doing niche titles a disservice.
I'm not really sure what you mean here, are you suggesting that I should feel bad for supporting the collectors edition or am I misunderstanding? I mean yeah I wish there was something for everyone at all price points but I certainly don't think people who want the standard edition deserve that anymore than me who wants the collectors. I do apologize if I'm way off the mark and not at all what you meant, it's been a long ass day at work and my heads fried.....

Anyway, this will be the first early bird offer I'll be taking advantage of, I can not wait to watch this show again, and on BD no less!

I'm not really sure what you mean here, are you suggesting that I should feel bad for supporting the collectors edition or am I misunderstanding? I mean yeah I wish there was something for everyone at all price points but I certainly don't think people who want the standard edition deserve that anymore than me who wants the collectors. I do apologize if I'm way off the mark and not at all what you meant, it's been a long ass day at work and my heads fried.....

I just meant people need to stop with the whole "but this is cheap" thing.

No it isn't. No anime is. People need to apply perspective, and justifying it by it being a CE is dumb. It being a CE doesn't make it any cheaper, it just makes it better value for money in your head, but not necessarily other people's.

And quite frankly, even though it wasn't my original intention, I'll double down and say yes, standard edition customers should be tolerated ahead of collector's editions. Nobody is priced out by a cheaper edition being released, you might not want to buy a standard edition, but there's nothing stopping you doing so. Whereas, it would seem, the price of collector's editions is stopping people, and if a collector's edition doesn't sell a standard edition may not come.

Just to warn people who ordered from Music Magpie. My card got charged £32.78 from them on Thursday despite not having any open orders with them, I believe the charge is for the standard edition of Tokyo Ghoul Root A they mistakenly sent to me a few months ago.

I have contacted them to see wtf is going on as the bluray should be considered unsolicited goods as I had no order with them for the TG standard edition, my order was for the Collectors Edition which was refunded as it was never received. From my understanding of the law as it is a different product to what was ordered it is considered unsolicited goods that is considered my property as opposed a mistaken delivery which would need to be returned.

If they do not refund my card I will be going to my card provider to reverse the charge.

I haven't had any money go out, but I'll keep an eye out for this.

They better not try to forcibly take money or I'll be very angry.

That's exactly what happened to me. Went to use my prepay Foreign Exchange card only to find a negative balance due to a payment going to Music Magpie. As I said the amount charged is identical to the TG Collectors Edition that I never received.

So you want to keep the item they sent you and because it's the wrong thing, not pay for it?

You might be within your rights, but I'd be sending that stuff back, but that's just me I suppose. ..typically if I receive the wrong thing I contact the company, advise them of the mistake and get them to rectify asap.

So you want to keep the item they sent you and because it's the wrong thing, not pay for it?

Under UK law it should be considered unsolicited goods as I did not order the item in question. Unsolicited goods do not have to be returned to the retailer and any demand for payment from the retailer is a breach of trading standards.

The item was unordered, while I did have 2 orders with them for the CE both were refunded, the first due to lack of stock and the second due to non delivery.

Hmmm I think your situation is a grey area. Unsolicited is exactly that, you have no request for an item. In your situation you do have a solicited request, they just sent the wrong thing.

Mistakes happen, morally I couldn't just keep the item I know was sent by mistake :/

Hmmm I think your situation is a grey area. Unsolicited is exactly that, you have no request for an item. In your situation you do have a solicited request, they just sent the wrong thing.

Mistakes happen, morally I couldn't just keep the item I know was sent by mistake :/
I did not have a solicited request for any version of Tokyo Ghoul Root A at the time the goods were received.

Back