UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Aaron

Combat Butler
I wonder what you got, as i see that for example Berserk and Ergo Proxy prices from Anime-on-Line are matched by Zavvi at the moment.
I got a few Monogataris I was missing, Accel World (both parts), Hidamari Sketch, Kill Me Baby, Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun and From the New World (both parts). Each one was at least £5 cheaper than Zavvi/Amazon prices, so I'm pretty pleased!

Stiivun

Stand User
I got a few Monogataris I was missing, Accel World (both parts), Hidamari Sketch, Kill Me Baby, Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun and From the New World (both parts). Each one was at least £5 cheaper than Zavvi/Amazon prices, so I'm pretty pleased!
Nice haul, got the following seven titles myself; Campione!, Devil Survivor 2: The Animation, Familiar of Zero Season 4, Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East Season 2, Kampfer Series & OVA, Nyan Koi! and Soni-Ani: Super Sonico.

Didn't opt for Accel World, as the UK edition doesn't have the shorts which the US edition does. For Hidamari Sketch and Nozaki i got the Sentai releases.

All in all it was a great sale, and i'm also pleased with it.

You do know there was/is a problem with From The New World, where disc 2 of Part 1 doesn't play on some BD players ? In fact received FTNW back in March and my Disc 2 also has the same problem where it doesn't load correctly.

Lambadelta

Cardcaptor
You do know there was/is a problem with From The New World, where disc 2 of Part 1 doesn't play on some BD players ? In fact received FTNW back in March and my Disc 2 also has the same problem where it doesn't load correctly.
Mines the same. I contacted MVM, and got given a DVD copy to be able to watch those episodes.

Stiivun

Stand User
So you get a DVD for the problem with the Blu-ray ? If that's the case then well weird is the least i can say :) (don't like to use strong wording)

Buzz201

Mad Scientist
Yeah, I was told they believed it was player-specific (I tried it on three different players, none worked), so they couldn't justify the vast expense of fixing it.

Morbo

Adventurer
So you get a DVD for the problem with the Blu-ray ? If that's the case then well weird is the least i can say :) (don't like to use strong wording)
When I had this problem they sent me a replacement Blu-ray but said if that still has issues they would have to send me a DVD. Funnily enough, the second Blu-ray worked no problem on all the players the original did not. It just seems like a hit or miss situation to me.

Aaron

Combat Butler
Ah...I'd not heard about the fault. Fingers crossed it works OK for me...even if I did get stuck with a DVD replacement, I wouldn't mind as much with it being cheaper than I would have paid before anyway.

I'm kinda excited to see if it's going to work now!

SnowWolf

Adventurer
Sadly, I'm not going for this deal. Being in Australia, I have to pay 25 pounds for shipping which offsets the deal. I wish they'd cancel or at least reduce the shipping cost when they did these deals otherwise I'd go for them.