UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Ye basically people who ordered the CE from them had their order cancelled since they couldn't get stock. Then when the Standard Edition came out suddenly had that mailed out.

This is covered by the Distance Selling Regulations 2000 as an unsolicited order, which voids any rights the seller has to ownership of the item.

Maybe it's just me, but this seems really shady. If you kept the product, you should pay for it, whether you legally have to or not. This comes across like you guys are desperately searching for an excuse not to pay.

Whether legally solid or not, come on...

I never actually have the standard edition arrive so I have no clue if they sent me one, or not. I just know that everyone who did order the CE from them to have it cancelled has had one sent out.

The reason I'd be annoyed is since I have nothing to do with them after the order was cancelled, and haven't used them since. If I were to suddenly get charged for no reason I'd be very annoyed.

Knowing the laws that protect you as a consumer is how you prevent yourself being screwed by the mistakes of a heartless company.

I never actually have the standard edition arrive so I have no clue if they sent me one, or not. I just know that everyone who did order the CE from them to have it cancelled has had one sent out.

The reason I'd be annoyed is since I have nothing to do with them after the order was cancelled, and haven't used them since. If I were to suddenly get charged for no reason I'd be very annoyed.

Knowing the laws that protect you as a consumer is how you prevent yourself being screwed by the mistakes of a heartless company.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd feel so guilty, that I'd write and ask if they wanted it back...

Also, given seemingly nobody affected by this did that, why shouldn't Music Magpie treat them as heartlessly as they treated MM?

Don't trust Zavvi with items of this nature - they tend to pack poorly and their CS are nonsense to deal with. I only use them for Marvel or other steelbooks which are exclusives and their is no other choice...

Maybe it's just me, but I'd feel so guilty, that I'd write and ask if they wanted it back...

Also, given seemingly nobody affected by this did that, why shouldn't Music Magpie treat them as heartlessly as they treated MM?

I bought a movie from All Your Music once, and they stuck in a copy of Muv Luv Total Apocalypse Part 2 alongside it by mistake. I contacted them and they gave me a Freepost address to send it back. There ain't a lot of karma in this world, it's best to save up as much as you can.

I would always contact them and ask how to send it back. The unsolicited goods rules are for when companies send you a product for marketing purposes e.g. a 'free' laundry basket which you can either keep and pay for or send back. Since you never asked for a laundry basket in the first place, it's unreasonable of them to expect you to go to the trouble of sorting it out; it wastes your time and you get nothing out of it. In the case of Tokyo Ghoul it's clearly a mistake where people ordered a CE and the huge monolithic company didn't realise that the identical-looking-to-them standard set wasn't the same product. Obviously they screwed up and it would be fair to demand some kind of compensation for the inconvenience like a coupon, but keeping the replacement item as unsolicited and refusing to pay does sound a bit off (and like a good way to be blacklisted by the company). Maybe it was deliberate and they don't need you to return it, but opening communication to find out for sure would be the reasonable way to react.

R

I ordered Claymore off Music Magpie and the order is still there but the actual listing has disappeared. They should not take payments for pre-orders. It would solve these issues. Hopefully I will still get my copy of Claymore when its released.

Don't trust Zavvi with items of this nature - they tend to pack poorly and their CS are nonsense to deal with. I only use them for Marvel or other steelbooks which are exclusives and their is no other choice...

They were pretty bad at packaging about a year or so ago, but I think they've gotten a little better since then.

Well this just got weird.

Got a reply from Music Magpie stating that they have no record of charging me for anything on Thursday and to send them an image showing the charge. The app for my card can generate pdf receipts for all transactions so I have sent them a receipt for the charge.

Still this was already strange seeing as the transaction put me into negative balance on a prepay card.

Worrying; hope it's not a shady employee or widespread technical fault. I didn't even know you could overspend on prepaid cards at all.

R

RightStuf has started their Annual Holiday Sale. Not sure I'm going to indulge myself this year like I did last year now that the exchange rate is so poor. @NormanicGrav normally makes much better posts about the daily sales than I ever could hope to achieve, they normally sway me into buying something.

RightStuf has started their Annual Holiday Sale. Not sure I'm going to indulge myself this year like I did last year now that the exchange rate is so poor. @NormanicGrav normally makes much better posts about the daily sales than I ever could hope to achieve, they normally sway me into buying something.

zmoYK5t.gif

I'm working on the Day 1 list at the moment.

Just to note, I've decided to place all of the Rightstuf sales in its own thread for easier reading.

Received a transaction log for my account from Music Magpie and it shows the last transaction being at the end of July. They seem to have no idea why I was charged. This is looking more and more like a fraudulent transaction. :(

Back